|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes a joke, saying he cannot determine whether the fact that Jane inhabited Peter makes him holy or the fact that she left him makes Peter unholy?
2. After sending a test ship "Outside," what does Jane do?
(a) She brings Miro's ship back to Lusitania.
(b) She passes out and loses her technical ability.
(c) She watches her physical body disintegrate.
(d) She sends herself outside to meet her body.
3. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
(b) The Hive Queen.
4. What is Olhado doing in the forest when he is beckoned by a piggy?
(a) Making a starship.
(b) Running a race.
(c) Researching the networks.
(d) Having a picnic.
5. Why does Jane's dying become more bearable with time?
(a) She is surrounded by more of her friends.
(b) The more capacity she loses, the less awareness she has of what is happening.
(c) She has come to understand and appreciate death.
(d) She loses feeling and is no longer in as much pain.
6. Who uses the example of Ender killing two boys in Battle School to support their argument?
7. Why are the networks among the Hive Queens familiar to Jane?
(a) She is sisters with the Hive Queen.
(b) They were an integral part of her birth.
(c) Her mom was a Bugger.
(d) She is not familiar with them.
8. Why do Jane and Miro wonder if they are betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender"?
(a) Because they are happy and kissing hours after his death.
(b) Because they did not scatter his ashes,
(c) Because they have changed his plan for the universe.
(d) Because he never wanted them to be happy together.
9. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Novinha in "This Has Always Been Your Body"?
(a) Novinha tells Ender she will miss him and share memories of him.
(b) Novinha tells Ender he can die without her begrudging him.
(c) Novinha tells Ender to stay alive for her.
(d) Novinha tells Ender to live as Peter.
10. Why does Jane regret using force on Quara after shoving her?
(a) She does not regret using force.
(b) She realizes after she marries Miro, Quara will be her sister.
(c) She thinks that violence will cause eternal damnation.
(d) Quara is not healthy and Jane thinks she might have killed her.
11. What happens when Peter tries to disarm Admiral Lands of his pistol?
(a) Peter is unsuccessful and breaks Admiral Lands's fingers.
(b) Peter is unsuccessful and breaks Admiral Lands's leg.
(c) Peter is successful but breaks Admiral Lands's leg.
(d) Peter is successful but breaks Admiral Lands's fingers.
12. What is the name of the influential businessmen who visit Yasujiro Tsutsumi?
13. After Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is approved, where is Yasujiro sent?
14. Why do Human and the Hive Queen comment that the mothertrees can only be a temporary home for Jane?
(a) The mothertrees are too strong for Jane to enjoy them for long.
(b) If Jane stays too long she will destroy the mothertrees.
(c) Jane needs a real body and not a tree persona.
(d) Jane will get bored too fast.
15. What does Jane do when Quara physically threatens her?
(a) Moves herself to the forward compartment of the starship.
(b) Tries to verbally reason with Quara.
(c) Tries to kill Quara with her bare hands.
(d) Punches Quara in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Firequencher observe might be the purpose of Ela and Quara's mission?
2. Who is the captain of the starship bringing the M.D. device?
3. After the M.D. device is detected, why won't Jane push it outside?
4. Who leads Ender into Peter's body?
5. When Jane returns to her new body to begin her existence as Val, her aiua is so vibrant that it also entwines with something else? What is this other object?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)