|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jane leaves Ender's body where does she go?
(a) To Pacifica.
(b) Back to Lusitania.
(c) To Path.
(d) Into the Pequinino network.
2. Who makes a joke, saying he cannot determine whether the fact that Jane inhabited Peter makes him holy or the fact that she left him makes Peter unholy?
3. What is something new that Jane experiences as a human in her argument with Quara aboard the starship?
(a) Feeling strong.
(b) Having her feelings hurt.
(c) Feeling sad and angry at the own time.
(d) Her blood rising in anger.
4. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
(a) Ensuring his own survival.
(b) Destruction of the M.D. device.
(c) Following the orders of the Starways Congress.
(d) Destruction of the descolada virus.
5. Why does Miro think that Quara is as contrary as she is?
(a) She had to put up with Marcao's rage growing up.
(b) She has a personality disorder.
(c) She was always spoiled as a child by Marcao.
(d) She is infected by an evil spirit.
6. Who give Peter and Wang-mu the tour of the "godproof computer network"?
(b) Admiral Lands.
(c) Grace's son.
(d) The Hive Queen.
7. What does Firequencher observe might be the purpose of Ela and Quara's mission?
(a) To mutate the descoladore virus to use as a weapon.
(b) To kill the descoladore virus.
(c) To determine whether descoladores are ramen or varelse.
(d) To find a new home for all the humans on Lusitania.
8. Aboard Milo's starship what path does Quara suggest they take when she says they are proceeding along the wrong one?
(a) She says they should examine pre and post-human contact forms of the virus.
(b) She says they should go to Lusitania to collect the rest of the humans.
(c) She says they should find a map.
(d) She says they should never have put Jane in charge of the mission.
9. Once Jane returns to the computer network, what does she realize about human existence?
(a) She prefers her network existence.
(b) It is the only way of being that will satisfy her desire to live.
(c) It is very much overrated.
(d) She has fewer problems as a human.
10. Why does Miro state that is would be a shame if Ender came through the transformation exactly as he was before?
(a) Because Ender was completely crazy.
(b) Because Ender had done all he could do as his old self/
(c) Because Ender was never truly happy.
(d) Because Ender was incapable of compassion.
11. What does Olhado give Plower?
(a) Fish for the next month.
(b) Fruit from the mothertree.
(c) A gift of song.
(d) A hug.
12. Why do Jane and Miro wonder if they are betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender"?
(a) Because they are happy and kissing hours after his death.
(b) Because they did not scatter his ashes,
(c) Because he never wanted them to be happy together.
(d) Because they have changed his plan for the universe.
13. What happens when the Hive workers give Jane a sign aboard Miro's starship?
(a) Jane immediatley moves back onto the computer network.
(b) Jane becomes angry.
(c) Jane attacks the Hive workers.
(d) Jane collapses, unconscious.
14. At the end of the chapter "How Do You Know They Aren't Quivering in Terror," how does Wang-mu feel about her wedding?
(a) She wants to move the wedding back.
(b) She wants to back out.
(c) She is nervous about it.
(d) She is looking forward to it.
15. After sending a test ship "Outside," what does Jane do?
(a) She sends herself outside to meet her body.
(b) She watches her physical body disintegrate.
(c) She brings Miro's ship back to Lusitania.
(d) She passes out and loses her technical ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Human and the Hive Queen comment that the mothertrees can only be a temporary home for Jane?
2. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," who is next to him?
3. After the M.D. device is detected, why won't Jane push it outside?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Novinha in "This Has Always Been Your Body"?
5. Why is the Hive Queen jealous of Jane?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)