|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Jane's interaction with the mothertrees?
(a) Jane infuses new vivacity into the mothertrees.
(b) Jane overlooks the mothertrees at first.
(c) The mothertrees are nurturing and comfort Jane.
(d) Jane finds the mothertrees weak.
2. After Peter and Wang-mu successfully disarm both the M.D. device and Admiral Lands, where does Jane transport them?
(a) To Divine Wood.
(b) To Miro's starship.
(c) To Lusitania.
(d) To the Starways Congress.
3. What does Olhado give Plower?
(a) Fruit from the mothertree.
(b) A hug.
(c) Fish for the next month.
(d) A gift of song.
4. Aboard Milo's starship what path does Quara suggest they take when she says they are proceeding along the wrong one?
(a) She says they should never have put Jane in charge of the mission.
(b) She says they should find a map.
(c) She says they should examine pre and post-human contact forms of the virus.
(d) She says they should go to Lusitania to collect the rest of the humans.
5. On Pacifica, Malu announces the god is come and _________ shouts at Jane to get out of Peter.
(d) Young Val.
6. Once Jane returns to the computer network, what does she realize about human existence?
(a) It is the only way of being that will satisfy her desire to live.
(b) It is very much overrated.
(c) She has fewer problems as a human.
(d) She prefers her network existence.
7. Why are the networks among the Hive Queens familiar to Jane?
(a) She is sisters with the Hive Queen.
(b) She is not familiar with them.
(c) They were an integral part of her birth.
(d) Her mom was a Bugger.
8. Who makes a joke, saying he cannot determine whether the fact that Jane inhabited Peter makes him holy or the fact that she left him makes Peter unholy?
9. Which of the following things can Miro not provide for Jane in their marriage?
(d) Increased awarness.
10. After sending a test ship "Outside," what does Jane do?
(a) She brings Miro's ship back to Lusitania.
(b) She passes out and loses her technical ability.
(c) She sends herself outside to meet her body.
(d) She watches her physical body disintegrate.
11. Why does Jane say it is good Miro is not completely like Ender?
(a) She thinks of Ender like a son and loves Miro like a lover.
(b) She thinks of Ender as a father figure and likes Miro's touch.
(c) Ender is not enough of a man for her.
(d) She never loved Ender.
12. Who says "the god has moved her starship!" after Jane moves Miro's ship?
13. At the end of the chapter "How Do You Know They Aren't Quivering in Terror," how does Wang-mu feel about her wedding?
(a) She is looking forward to it.
(b) She is nervous about it.
(c) She wants to move the wedding back.
(d) She wants to back out.
14. What does Plikt say is the most important thing to remember about Ender, above all else?
(a) His role as Speaker for the Dead.
(b) His justice and mercy.
(c) His greatness as a follower.
(d) His strength and stubborness.
15. What does Jane do when Quara physically threatens her?
(a) Moves herself to the forward compartment of the starship.
(b) Punches Quara in the face.
(c) Tries to verbally reason with Quara.
(d) Tries to kill Quara with her bare hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jane forgive for speaking brutally to Young Val?
2. Who give Peter and Wang-mu the tour of the "godproof computer network"?
3. When the ansible is not in communication with the Starways Congress's ansibles, who does it communicate with?
4. What happens to Young Val when Jane takes over her body?
5. Why does Miro state that is would be a shame if Ender came through the transformation exactly as he was before?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)