|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jane first leaps into Young Val's body?
(a) Ender unable to let go and Jane spins thought the body.
(b) She gets a successful reception.
(c) Young Val becomes much weaker.
(d) Ender invites Jane in.
2. Jane notes that it is easier for her to transport Wang-mu when she moves her and Peter back to Lusitania. Why?
(a) Peter and Wang-mu have become philotically interlinked.
(b) Wang-mu has become more technological.
(c) Wang-mu and Jane have become much better friends.
(d) Wang-mu has lost a lot of weight.
3. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
(a) Destruction of the M.D. device.
(b) Ensuring his own survival.
(c) Following the orders of the Starways Congress.
(d) Destruction of the descolada virus.
4. Why does Miro state that is would be a shame if Ender came through the transformation exactly as he was before?
(a) Because Ender was never truly happy.
(b) Because Ender had done all he could do as his old self/
(c) Because Ender was completely crazy.
(d) Because Ender was incapable of compassion.
5. At the end of the chapter "How Do You Know They Aren't Quivering in Terror," how does Wang-mu feel about her wedding?
(a) She wants to back out.
(b) She wants to move the wedding back.
(c) She is nervous about it.
(d) She is looking forward to it.
6. After sending a test ship "Outside," what does Jane do?
(a) She passes out and loses her technical ability.
(b) She sends herself outside to meet her body.
(c) She brings Miro's ship back to Lusitania.
(d) She watches her physical body disintegrate.
7. Aboard Milo's starship what path does Quara suggest they take when she says they are proceeding along the wrong one?
(a) She says they should never have put Jane in charge of the mission.
(b) She says they should find a map.
(c) She says they should go to Lusitania to collect the rest of the humans.
(d) She says they should examine pre and post-human contact forms of the virus.
8. How many years has it taken to undo the damage from the destruction of the buggers' home planet?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 130 years.
(c) 3,000 years.
(d) 40,000 years.
9. Who says "the god has moved her starship!" after Jane moves Miro's ship?
10. Why do Human and the Hive Queen comment that the mothertrees can only be a temporary home for Jane?
(a) The mothertrees are too strong for Jane to enjoy them for long.
(b) If Jane stays too long she will destroy the mothertrees.
(c) Jane needs a real body and not a tree persona.
(d) Jane will get bored too fast.
11. Who presses the button to start the "godproof computer network"?
(a) The university president.
12. On Pacifica, Malu announces the god is come and _________ shouts at Jane to get out of Peter.
(c) Young Val.
13. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
(b) The Hive Queen.
14. Why is the Hive Queen jealous of Jane?
(a) Because Jane knows Human in a way the Hive Queen can't.
(b) Because Jane is more powerful than she is.
(c) Because Jane is pretty.
(d) Because Jane attacked Quara first.
15. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu aboard Miro's craft?
(a) She says she was molested by her brother.
(b) She says she is in love with Peter.
(c) She says that she has had an abortion.
(d) She says she has five children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ender's bodies as Ender's and Jane's aiuas wrangle for control?
2. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," who is next to him?
3. What is something new that Jane experiences as a human in her argument with Quara aboard the starship?
4. When the ansible is not in communication with the Starways Congress's ansibles, who does it communicate with?
5. Hikari tells Yasujiro Tsutsumi that he is upset with all their people since they have forgotten the lesson of history? What is this lesson?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)