|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Jane's interaction with the mothertrees?
(a) Jane infuses new vivacity into the mothertrees.
(b) Jane finds the mothertrees weak.
(c) The mothertrees are nurturing and comfort Jane.
(d) Jane overlooks the mothertrees at first.
2. Why does Jane regret using force on Quara after shoving her?
(a) She realizes after she marries Miro, Quara will be her sister.
(b) Quara is not healthy and Jane thinks she might have killed her.
(c) She does not regret using force.
(d) She thinks that violence will cause eternal damnation.
3. Jane admits that she used to look down on human's ability to do only one thing at a time. What has she realized since taking a human body about this?
(a) Humans are much smarter than computers.
(b) Humans are just as slow and single-minded as she thought.
(c) Humans constantly handle internal process with conflicting emotions.
(d) Humans have the same multi-tasking abilities as robots.
4. Why is Quara upset that Peter gave the Little Doctor back?
(a) She wanted to give the Little Doctor back herself.
(b) She thinks that Peter is weak.
(c) She does not trust anyone and feels that Peter is ruining her family.
(d) She says it would have been useful in destroying the descoladore planet.
5. What does Olhado give Plower?
(a) Fish for the next month.
(b) A hug.
(c) Fruit from the mothertree.
(d) A gift of song.
6. What is the name of the influential businessmen who visit Yasujiro Tsutsumi?
7. Once Jane returns to the computer network, what does she realize about human existence?
(a) It is the only way of being that will satisfy her desire to live.
(b) It is very much overrated.
(c) She prefers her network existence.
(d) She has fewer problems as a human.
8. Why do Human and the Hive Queen comment that the mothertrees can only be a temporary home for Jane?
(a) Jane needs a real body and not a tree persona.
(b) The mothertrees are too strong for Jane to enjoy them for long.
(c) If Jane stays too long she will destroy the mothertrees.
(d) Jane will get bored too fast.
9. After the M.D. device is deactivated, what happens when Admiral Lands bumps into the Little Doctor?
(a) He is angry because he was unsuccessful.
(b) He is filled with self-loathing at what he almost did.
(c) He is temporarily paralized.
(d) All of his memory is lost.
10. After sending a test ship "Outside," what does Jane do?
(a) She sends herself outside to meet her body.
(b) She watches her physical body disintegrate.
(c) She passes out and loses her technical ability.
(d) She brings Miro's ship back to Lusitania.
11. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
(a) Comingled tears.
(b) Shared experiences.
(c) Sharing of blood.
(d) An engagement ring.
12. After the M.D. device is detected, why won't Jane push it outside?
(a) If it detonates "outside" it could cause irreparable harm to their dimension.
(b) She wants the M.D. device to detonate.
(c) She is too busy moving people off of Lusitania.
(d) She is too weak.
13. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Novinha in "This Has Always Been Your Body"?
(a) Novinha tells Ender to stay alive for her.
(b) Novinha tells Ender to live as Peter.
(c) Novinha tells Ender he can die without her begrudging him.
(d) Novinha tells Ender she will miss him and share memories of him.
14. Which of the following things can Miro not provide for Jane in their marriage?
(d) Increased awarness.
15. When Peter regains consciousness after Ender is transferred into his body, what does he do?
(a) Begins sobbing.
(b) Touches Wang-mu's face.
(c) Starts laughing uncontrollably.
(d) Peter no longer exists.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Quara and Jane argue aboard the starship about Quara's suggestion regarding the descoladores, what does Jane tell Quara?
2. What type of relationship do the Hive Queen and Jane settle into after Jane is in Val's body?
3. After Peter and Wang-mu successfully disarm both the M.D. device and Admiral Lands, where does Jane transport them?
4. What is Olhado doing in the forest when he is beckoned by a piggy?
5. What will happen if Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is rejected?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)