|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plikt realize she will not tell about Ender's story as she contemplates it in her room?
(a) Her own selflessness.
(b) Ender's selfishness.
(c) Ender's selflessness.
(d) Her own selfishness.
2. Who watches Jane try to enter Young Val's body?
(a) Human and the Hive Queen.
3. When Peter regains consciousness after Ender is transferred into his body, what does he do?
(a) Peter no longer exists.
(b) Starts laughing uncontrollably.
(c) Touches Wang-mu's face.
(d) Begins sobbing.
4. What will happen if Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is rejected?
(a) He will be promoted.
(b) He will be considered disloyal.
(c) He will be responsible for conducting his own fleet.
(d) He will be relocated to Lusitania.
5. After Yasujiro Tsutsumi's request to stop the fleet is approved, where is Yasujiro sent?
6. How does Aimaina Hikari respond when Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks if he is supposed to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet?
(a) Aimaina Hikari says to go ahead and bribe them.
(b) Aimaina Hikari says there are a thousand legal ways to influence their votes.
(c) Aimaina Hikari says that bribery will not be enough.
(d) Aimaina Hikari says if they don't agree to kill them.
7. When the ansible is not in communication with the Starways Congress's ansibles, who does it communicate with?
(a) The Hive Queen computers.
(b) The Bugger network.
(c) The "godproof compter network".
(d) The computers in the old part of the building.
8. When Jane begins crying for the first time, what does she tell Miro?
(a) That his sister is a terrible person.
(b) That he is beautiful.
(c) That he is mean.
(d) That he reminds her of Ender.
9. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," how does his persona change?
(a) He feels older than before.
(b) He is able to control his sarcasm and feels whole.
(c) He feels much less like himself.
(d) He feels as if he has no memories.
10. Once Jane returns to the computer network, what does she realize about human existence?
(a) She has fewer problems as a human.
(b) She prefers her network existence.
(c) It is very much overrated.
(d) It is the only way of being that will satisfy her desire to live.
11. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
(d) The Hive Queen.
12. When Jane can touch a human for the first time, who does she put her arms around?
13. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," who is next to him?
14. Aboard Milo's starship what path does Quara suggest they take when she says they are proceeding along the wrong one?
(a) She says they should find a map.
(b) She says they should go to Lusitania to collect the rest of the humans.
(c) She says they should never have put Jane in charge of the mission.
(d) She says they should examine pre and post-human contact forms of the virus.
15. After sending a test ship "Outside," what does Jane do?
(a) She sends herself outside to meet her body.
(b) She watches her physical body disintegrate.
(c) She brings Miro's ship back to Lusitania.
(d) She passes out and loses her technical ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jane forgive for speaking brutally to Young Val?
2. When Peter opens his eyes on the beach, what does he tell everyone he dreamed about?
3. At the end of the chapter "How Do You Know They Aren't Quivering in Terror," how does Wang-mu feel about her wedding?
4. What does Jane do when Quara physically threatens her?
5. How does Plikt feel regarding the death of Ender?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)