|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hikari tells Yasujiro Tsutsumi that he is upset with all their people since they have forgotten the lesson of history? What is this lesson?
(a) Not to make war.
(b) Not to build too tall of buildings.
(c) Not to go into debt.
(d) Not to fall in love.
2. Why is Admiral Lands uncomfortable with the role of commanding the deployment of the M.D. device?
(a) His wife is still on Lusitania.
(b) He does not like being in charge.
(c) He will be remembered as the second Xenocide.
(d) He is afraid he will die.
3. What does Olhado give Plower?
(a) A hug.
(b) Fish for the next month.
(c) A gift of song.
(d) Fruit from the mothertree.
4. When Quara and Jane argue aboard the starship about Quara's suggestion regarding the descoladores, what does Jane tell Quara?
(a) She tells Quara she is ugly.
(b) She tells Quara they are not equals.
(c) She tells Quara that she needs to read more.
(d) She tells Quara that she respects her.
5. Why do Jane and Miro wonder if they are betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender"?
(a) Because he never wanted them to be happy together.
(b) Because they are happy and kissing hours after his death.
(c) Because they have changed his plan for the universe.
(d) Because they did not scatter his ashes,
6. What quality does Jane possess that makes her more than human after she enters Val's body?
(a) She doesn't have real feelings.
(b) She can access all the ansible communication in the universe.
(c) She has a photographic memory.
(d) She has the ability to recover from defeat and injury more quickly.
7. Who communicates by ansible with Miro to update him on Jane's status?
(b) The Hive Queen.
8. Why is the Hive Queen jealous of Jane?
(a) Because Jane knows Human in a way the Hive Queen can't.
(b) Because Jane is pretty.
(c) Because Jane attacked Quara first.
(d) Because Jane is more powerful than she is.
9. When Peter regains consciousness after Ender is transferred into his body, what does he do?
(a) Peter no longer exists.
(b) Starts laughing uncontrollably.
(c) Begins sobbing.
(d) Touches Wang-mu's face.
10. What does Admiral Lands consider in the best interest of humanity after he receives the stop command from the Starways Congress?
(a) Destruction of the descolada virus.
(b) Destruction of the M.D. device.
(c) Following the orders of the Starways Congress.
(d) Ensuring his own survival.
11. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," how does his persona change?
(a) He feels older than before.
(b) He is able to control his sarcasm and feels whole.
(c) He feels as if he has no memories.
(d) He feels much less like himself.
12. Who is the captain of the starship bringing the M.D. device?
(d) Admiral Lands.
13. How does Aimaina Hikari respond when Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks if he is supposed to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet?
(a) Aimaina Hikari says that bribery will not be enough.
(b) Aimaina Hikari says to go ahead and bribe them.
(c) Aimaina Hikari says there are a thousand legal ways to influence their votes.
(d) Aimaina Hikari says if they don't agree to kill them.
14. Who uses the example of Ender killing two boys in Battle School to support their argument?
15. What does Plikt realize she will not tell about Ender's story as she contemplates it in her room?
(a) Her own selflessness.
(b) Ender's selflessness.
(c) Ender's selfishness.
(d) Her own selfishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the ansible is not in communication with the Starways Congress's ansibles, who does it communicate with?
2. What false disclosure does Quara make to Wang-mu aboard Miro's craft?
3. Who watches Jane try to enter Young Val's body?
4. Who says "till death ends all surprises."
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Jane's interaction with the mothertrees?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)