|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane do when Quara physically threatens her?
(a) Moves herself to the forward compartment of the starship.
(b) Tries to kill Quara with her bare hands.
(c) Punches Quara in the face.
(d) Tries to verbally reason with Quara.
2. Jane notes that it is easier for her to transport Wang-mu when she moves her and Peter back to Lusitania. Why?
(a) Peter and Wang-mu have become philotically interlinked.
(b) Wang-mu has become more technological.
(c) Wang-mu and Jane have become much better friends.
(d) Wang-mu has lost a lot of weight.
3. After the M.D. device is detected, why won't Jane push it outside?
(a) She is too weak.
(b) If it detonates "outside" it could cause irreparable harm to their dimension.
(c) She is too busy moving people off of Lusitania.
(d) She wants the M.D. device to detonate.
4. Why do Jane and Miro wonder if they are betraying Ender in "Am I Betraying Ender"?
(a) Because they are happy and kissing hours after his death.
(b) Because they did not scatter his ashes,
(c) Because he never wanted them to be happy together.
(d) Because they have changed his plan for the universe.
5. Why is Admiral Lands uncomfortable with the role of commanding the deployment of the M.D. device?
(a) His wife is still on Lusitania.
(b) He will be remembered as the second Xenocide.
(c) He does not like being in charge.
(d) He is afraid he will die.
6. Why do Human and the Hive Queen comment that the mothertrees can only be a temporary home for Jane?
(a) The mothertrees are too strong for Jane to enjoy them for long.
(b) Jane needs a real body and not a tree persona.
(c) If Jane stays too long she will destroy the mothertrees.
(d) Jane will get bored too fast.
7. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) Comingled tears.
(c) Sharing of blood.
(d) Shared experiences.
8. When the ansible is not in communication with the Starways Congress's ansibles, who does it communicate with?
(a) The Bugger network.
(b) The Hive Queen computers.
(c) The computers in the old part of the building.
(d) The "godproof compter network".
9. What does Olhado give Plower?
(a) Fish for the next month.
(b) A gift of song.
(c) Fruit from the mothertree.
(d) A hug.
10. Why does Miro state that is would be a shame if Ender came through the transformation exactly as he was before?
(a) Because Ender had done all he could do as his old self/
(b) Because Ender was completely crazy.
(c) Because Ender was never truly happy.
(d) Because Ender was incapable of compassion.
11. Who says "the god has moved her starship!" after Jane moves Miro's ship?
12. Who uses the example of Ender killing two boys in Battle School to support their argument?
13. What does Plikt say is the most important thing to remember about Ender, above all else?
(a) His role as Speaker for the Dead.
(b) His greatness as a follower.
(c) His justice and mercy.
(d) His strength and stubborness.
14. What is Quara's brother's name?
15. At the end of the chapter "How Do You Know They Aren't Quivering in Terror," how does Wang-mu feel about her wedding?
(a) She wants to move the wedding back.
(b) She wants to back out.
(c) She is looking forward to it.
(d) She is nervous about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the M.D. device is deactivated, what happens when Admiral Lands bumps into the Little Doctor?
2. After Peter and Wang-mu successfully disarm both the M.D. device and Admiral Lands, where does Jane transport them?
3. What is the name of the influential businessmen who visit Yasujiro Tsutsumi?
4. How many years has it taken to undo the damage from the destruction of the buggers' home planet?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Jane's interaction with the mothertrees?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)