|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the ansible is not in communication with the Starways Congress's ansibles, who does it communicate with?
(a) The "godproof compter network".
(b) The computers in the old part of the building.
(c) The Bugger network.
(d) The Hive Queen computers.
2. Which of the following statements describes Ender's death?
(a) His death is filled with song.
(b) During his death, there is much violence.
(c) During his death, his body disintegrates.
(d) His death is painful.
3. How many stories of the old part of the building where the "godproof computer network" is stored are identical?
4. When Jane returns to her new body to begin her existence as Val, her aiua is so vibrant that it also entwines with something else? What is this other object?
(a) The Hive Queen and pequenino's philotic web.
(b) Ender's third body.
(c) The mothertrees.
(d) The Starways Congress.
5. After Wang-mu calls Peter back when his aiua starts drifting away, who serves the two of them dinner?
(a) The Samoans.
(b) The mothertrees.
(c) The pequeninos.
(d) Yasujiro Tsutsumi.
6. Who does Jane forgive for speaking brutally to Young Val?
(b) Old Val.
7. How does Aimaina Hikari respond when Yasujiro Tsutsumi asks if he is supposed to bribe the politicians to stop the fleet?
(a) Aimaina Hikari says to go ahead and bribe them.
(b) Aimaina Hikari says there are a thousand legal ways to influence their votes.
(c) Aimaina Hikari says if they don't agree to kill them.
(d) Aimaina Hikari says that bribery will not be enough.
8. On what planet are Peter and Wang-mu invited to witness the restart of the "godproof computer network"?
(c) Divine Wind.
9. When Peter awakens on the beach in "You Called Me Back from Darkness," how does his persona change?
(a) He feels as if he has no memories.
(b) He is able to control his sarcasm and feels whole.
(c) He feels much less like himself.
(d) He feels older than before.
10. Who give Peter and Wang-mu the tour of the "godproof computer network"?
(a) Admiral Lands.
(c) Grace's son.
(d) The Hive Queen.
11. When Quara and Jane argue aboard the starship about Quara's suggestion regarding the descoladores, what does Jane tell Quara?
(a) She tells Quara they are not equals.
(b) She tells Quara that she respects her.
(c) She tells Quara she is ugly.
(d) She tells Quara that she needs to read more.
12. What does Plikt say is the most important thing to remember about Ender, above all else?
(a) His strength and stubborness.
(b) His role as Speaker for the Dead.
(c) His greatness as a follower.
(d) His justice and mercy.
13. At the end of the chapter "How Do You Know They Aren't Quivering in Terror," how does Wang-mu feel about her wedding?
(a) She is looking forward to it.
(b) She wants to back out.
(c) She wants to move the wedding back.
(d) She is nervous about it.
14. What does Plikt realize she will not tell about Ender's story as she contemplates it in her room?
(a) Her own selflessness.
(b) Ender's selfishness.
(c) Ender's selflessness.
(d) Her own selfishness.
15. What is the name of the influential businessmen who visit Yasujiro Tsutsumi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane suggest is the symbol to mark the occasion of her and Miro's engagement?
2. Hikari tells Yasujiro Tsutsumi that he is upset with all their people since they have forgotten the lesson of history? What is this lesson?
3. What happens when Jane first leaps into Young Val's body?
4. Why is the Hive Queen jealous of Jane?
5. What quality does Jane possess that makes her more than human after she enters Val's body?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)