|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
2. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
(a) He told everyone of Novinha's affair.
(b) He abused Novinha.
(c) He was impotent.
(d) Her married Movinha.
3. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
(a) She sends a message via a worker.
(b) She shouts out to them.
(c) She send them an email.
(d) She sends a telepathic message.
4. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
5. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
(a) It could cause Val to lose a sense of herself.
(b) It could cause Jane to lose a sense of herself.
(c) It could cause friends to fail to recognize them.
(d) It could cause insanity.
6. What is the name of the island on Pacifica where Peter and Wang-mu try to contact Malu?
7. Why does the Hive Queen not want to help find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body?
(a) She says Jane is too connected to the computer world.
(b) She says Jane will rip Val's body apart.
(c) She says Jane will survive regardless of what they do.
(d) She says Jane is a full self, not a singe aiua.
8. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
9. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
(a) Talk to Jane or rejoin the real world.
(b) Rejoin the real world and admit his mortality.
(c) Talk to Young Val.
(d) Kill himself so that Peter can live.
10. What is the relationship of Quim to Novinha?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her husband.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is her friend.
11. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
12. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
(a) He looks nothing like the other Somoans.
(b) He is much fatter and has no hair.
(c) He is a little whiter and more decoratively dressed.
(d) He is much taller.
13. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
(a) She is more gentle and altruistic.
(b) She is a female.
(c) She is strong enough to handle Jane's temper.
(d) She is more powerful.
14. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(d) Young Val.
15. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
(a) Ua Lava.
(c) Order of the Children of the Mind.
(d) Bee Communion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original catalyst for Ender and Novinha's separation?
2. How many planets are Miro and Young Val able to visit on the quest that Jane sends them?
3. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
4. What observation does Malu make about Jane's attitude toward her mechanical body?
5. How old was Ender when he left Earth?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)