|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
2. How are Miro and Young Val's work styles different when they are on the quest that Jane sends them?
(a) Young Val does twice as much work as Miro.
(b) Young Val tires faster than Miro.
(c) Miro tires faster than Young Val.
(d) Miro does twice as much work as Young Val.
3. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
(a) To see if they have meat sources.
(b) To see if they are habitable.
(c) To see if they are conquerable.
(d) To see if they have friendly people.
4. How does Malu arrive for his first meeting with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) In a spaceship.
(b) On a bicycle.
(c) By caravan.
(d) In a canoe.
5. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
(a) The computer cannot find any trace of them.
(b) The computer returns reports that they are spies.
(c) He finds out that they are from Path.
(d) He finds out that they are imposters.
6. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
(a) Ender is weaker than ever.
(b) Ender is dying.
(c) Ender is divorcing his wife.
(d) Ender has retreated into the Filhos.
7. What does Ua Lava mean?
(b) Of the aliens.
(c) For the people.
8. Who is Valentine?
(a) Mrio's cousin.
(b) Jane's aunt.
(c) Ender's sister.
(d) Peter's mother.
9. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
10. How does Jane determine who has the power to influence Hikari?
(a) She does not determine who can influence Hikari.
(b) She intercepts an email.
(c) She reads his mind.
(d) She calls him.
11. What observation does Malu make about Jane's attitude toward her mechanical body?
(a) She doesn't need it.
(b) She is fundamentally dissatisfied with it.
(c) She is pleased with her mechanical existence.
(d) She doesn't appreciate it enough.
12. Why does Human say that she does not think Ender will find his way into Peter when he dies?
(a) Because moving into Peter would damage him.
(b) Because Peter represents the part of himself he most hates.
(c) Because Ender needs Peter's full person.
(d) Because Peter is too weak.
13. Who instructs Wang-mu and Peter that Malu can influence Hikari?
14. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
(a) The sun developed out of a primordial soup.
(b) God touched a cloud and it spun into fire, becoming the sun.
(c) Jane made the sun from her anger.
(d) The sun was not formed, but instead always existed.
15. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
(a) Because he is being rude.
(b) Because she believes they are still in space.
(c) Because she is not allowed off the ship.
(d) Because men cannot tell women what to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
2. As Jane is in her death throes, what behavior on the part of Peter does Wang-mu see as proof of his humanity?
3. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
4. Who says she is "sick of letting people go"?
5. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)