|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who instructs Wang-mu and Peter that Malu can influence Hikari?
2. Why does Hikari pour his own servant tea?
(a) His servant is not allowed to touch the tea pot.
(b) To demonstrate humility.
(c) It is the usual custom.
(d) Because his servant has no arms.
3. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
4. What is the relationship of Quim to Novinha?
(a) He is her friend.
(b) He is her husband.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her son.
5. Who says she is "sick of letting people go"?
(d) Young Val.
6. Why does Hikari believe that Wang-mu and Peter were sent after consulting his computer?
(a) He believes that they are his lost children.
(b) He believes that they are spies come to kill him.
(c) He thinks that they are imposters.
(d) He thinks that they were sent by gods to tell him the truth.
7. Who does Hikari call "assassins of the heart"?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) Wang-mu and Peter.
(c) All humanity.
(d) The Lusitanians.
8. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
(a) He abused Novinha.
(b) He was impotent.
(c) Her married Movinha.
(d) He told everyone of Novinha's affair.
9. What does Novinha do immediately after Ender collapses in "Nobody is Rational"?
(a) She runs to get him water.
(b) She leaves him.
(c) She gives him CPR.
(d) She calls for help.
10. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
(a) He finds out that they are from Path.
(b) The computer cannot find any trace of them.
(c) The computer returns reports that they are spies.
(d) He finds out that they are imposters.
11. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
(a) God touched a cloud and it spun into fire, becoming the sun.
(b) The sun developed out of a primordial soup.
(c) The sun was not formed, but instead always existed.
(d) Jane made the sun from her anger.
12. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
(a) A ball.
(b) A rat.
(c) A bee.
(d) A virus.
13. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
14. What religious order does Novinha, Ender's wife, enter?
(a) Children of the Mind of God.
(b) Church of Latter Day Saints.
(c) Children of Yesterday's God.
(d) Children of the Mind of Christ.
15. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
(a) Rejoin the real world and admit his mortality.
(b) Talk to Young Val.
(c) Talk to Jane or rejoin the real world.
(d) Kill himself so that Peter can live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Novinha say "spins a pretty story"?
2. Where is Ender at the beginning of the novel?
3. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
4. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
5. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)