|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
(a) Finding the Hive Queen.
(b) Finding descolada's planet of origin.
(c) Finding a body for Jane.
(d) Finding a new home for the pequeninos.
2. How are Miro and Young Val's work styles different when they are on the quest that Jane sends them?
(a) Miro does twice as much work as Young Val.
(b) Young Val does twice as much work as Miro.
(c) Young Val tires faster than Miro.
(d) Miro tires faster than Young Val.
3. In what language does Malu address Peter and Wang-mu during their first meeting?
(a) An ancient holy dialect.
(b) DNA blueprints.
(d) A well-known technical language.
4. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Warmaker?
5. How does Wang-mu interpret Malu's story of creation?
(a) As an allegory for philotic theory.
(b) As a well designed fable.
(c) As the ravings of a lunatic.
(d) As an interpretation of the Bible.
6. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
(a) Ender says Miro can marry Young Val.
(b) Ender says Jane and Miro can battle for superiority.
(c) Ender says that Miro can have his body.
(d) Ender says Jane can gave Young Val's body.
7. How does Jane determine who has the power to influence Hikari?
(a) She does not determine who can influence Hikari.
(b) She intercepts an email.
(c) She calls him.
(d) She reads his mind.
8. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
(a) Because men cannot tell women what to do.
(b) Because he is being rude.
(c) Because she is not allowed off the ship.
(d) Because she believes they are still in space.
9. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
(a) Ender has retreated into the Filhos.
(b) Ender is weaker than ever.
(c) Ender is dying.
(d) Ender is divorcing his wife.
10. Who says she is "sick of letting people go"?
(d) Young Val.
11. Jane determined that Hikari is a secret disciple of who?
(a) Ua Lava.
(b) Aiara Leaven.
(c) Miro Mana.
(d) Hive Queen.
12. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) They run after him.
(b) They fall in the sand and begin weeping.
(c) They beg Peter and Wang-mu to take them away.
(d) They begin tearing down the structure they erected.
13. What religious order does Novinha, Ender's wife, enter?
(a) Children of the Mind of Christ.
(b) Children of the Mind of God.
(c) Church of Latter Day Saints.
(d) Children of Yesterday's God.
14. Who is Rooter?
(a) Jane's sister.
(b) Human's mother.
(c) Young Val's aunt.
(d) The Hive Queen's daughter.
15. How does Miro respond to Jane's looming destruction after the shutdown of the ansible networks begins?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He hurries about the starship.
(c) He begins sobbing.
(d) He tries to contact her, but fails.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
2. Who does Malu refer to as "the god who dances on spider webs"?
3. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
4. When Old Val slaps Plikt across the face, what does she say to her?
5. What was the original catalyst for Ender and Novinha's separation?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)