|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
(a) He told everyone of Novinha's affair.
(b) He abused Novinha.
(c) Her married Movinha.
(d) He was impotent.
2. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
3. Why does Hikari believe that Wang-mu and Peter were sent after consulting his computer?
(a) He thinks that they were sent by gods to tell him the truth.
(b) He believes that they are his lost children.
(c) He thinks that they are imposters.
(d) He believes that they are spies come to kill him.
4. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
5. What must Peter and Wang-mu promise to do before meeting Malu?
(a) Listen to him without interrupting him.
(b) Offer him a large meal.
(c) Pay Grace for bringing them to him.
(d) Serve him for one year.
6. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
(a) Ender is dying.
(b) Ender has retreated into the Filhos.
(c) Ender is weaker than ever.
(d) Ender is divorcing his wife.
7. What is Outspace?
(a) Literally out of space.
(b) A planet.
(c) A theory of the universe.
(d) A country.
8. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
(a) Ua Lava.
(b) Bee Communion.
(d) Order of the Children of the Mind.
9. When individual ansibles and entire networks go offline, how does Jane feel?
(b) As if she is being torn apart limb by limb.
(c) In pain, but finally satisfied.
10. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
(a) Stopping the destruction of Lusitania.
(b) Finding a new planet on which to live.
(c) Reviving Ender into a new body.
(d) Saving the life of Jane.
11. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
12. What causes an awkward moment when Miro speaks with Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us"?
(a) Ender says that he has never liked Miro and asks him to leave.
(b) Ender says Miro is attracted to Young Val, who is like Ender in a wig.
(c) Ender says that Miro has secret passions for his sister.
(d) Ender says Miro's own confidence will be his downfall.
13. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
(a) Wang-mu leaves Path.
(b) Ender programs Peter.
(c) Ender sends Peter to Path.
(d) Peter arrives on Path.
14. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) They begin tearing down the structure they erected.
(b) They run after him.
(c) They beg Peter and Wang-mu to take them away.
(d) They fall in the sand and begin weeping.
15. Orbiting the planet of the Descoladores, which of the following characters is not one of the ones that Miro and Val decide to go home to get?
(d) Hive Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original catalyst for Ender and Novinha's separation?
2. Who says, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe"?
3. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
4. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
5. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)