|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grace identify as Wang-mu's rival for Peter's love at Jane's deathbed?
2. Who says, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe"?
(b) Old Val.
3. What happens at the end of the "You Don't Believe in God" chapter when Ender and Novinha reunite in the garden?
(a) Novinha says Ender must go but she will miss hm.
(b) Novinha invites Ender to stay only for the night.
(c) Novinha sends Ender away forever.
(d) Novinha grants Ender permission to stay.
4. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
(a) It could cause Val to lose a sense of herself.
(b) It could cause Jane to lose a sense of herself.
(c) It could cause insanity.
(d) It could cause friends to fail to recognize them.
5. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
(a) Order of the Children of the Mind.
(b) Bee Communion.
(c) Ua Lava.
6. Which of the following characters does not help Human and the Hive Queen create the largest philotic web ever?
(b) Other Queens.
(d) Other Kings.
7. How are Miro and Young Val's work styles different when they are on the quest that Jane sends them?
(a) Miro does twice as much work as Young Val.
(b) Young Val does twice as much work as Miro.
(c) Young Val tires faster than Miro.
(d) Miro tires faster than Young Val.
8. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Warmaker?
9. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) They beg Peter and Wang-mu to take them away.
(b) They run after him.
(c) They begin tearing down the structure they erected.
(d) They fall in the sand and begin weeping.
10. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
(a) To see if they are conquerable.
(b) To see if they have friendly people.
(c) To see if they are habitable.
(d) To see if they have meat sources.
11. Who does Novinha blame for Ender's collapse in "Nobody is Rational"?
12. What does Jane claim that hearing of Young Val's impending death has caused Miro to realize?
(a) He has lost connection with reality.
(b) He has very little time to complete his task.
(c) He is also mortal.
(d) He loves Young Val.
13. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(d) Young Val.
14. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
(a) Talk to Jane or rejoin the real world.
(b) Rejoin the real world and admit his mortality.
(c) Kill himself so that Peter can live.
(d) Talk to Young Val.
15. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
2. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
3. Jane relays the meeting between Peter, Wang-mu, Grace, and Malu to whom?
4. When does Grace join Peter and Wang-mu during their first meal at Grace's house?
5. What does the ship Peter and Wang-mu use to fly to Divine Wood look like?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)