|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Young Val respond when Miro tries to hug her after they discuss putting Jane's aiua into her body?
(a) She embraces him.
(b) She tells him to wait until Jane has the body before he touches it.
(c) She tells him that she has always loved him.
(d) She tells him she wishes he were dead.
2. What does Jane claim that hearing of Young Val's impending death has caused Miro to realize?
(a) He has lost connection with reality.
(b) He loves Young Val.
(c) He has very little time to complete his task.
(d) He is also mortal.
3. What does Grace's husband describe as "impure feet tickling the Gods"?
(a) Peter marrying Wang-mu.
(b) Peter talking to Jane.
(c) Peter meeting Malu.
(d) Peter meeting Grace.
4. Who is Pipo?
(a) A hobo on the planet Path.
(b) An elder of a religious order.
(c) The colony's original xenobiologist.
(d) The first ever philosopher.
5. Who says, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe"?
(d) Old Val.
6. What religious order does Novinha, Ender's wife, enter?
(a) Children of Yesterday's God.
(b) Church of Latter Day Saints.
(c) Children of the Mind of God.
(d) Children of the Mind of Christ.
7. What does Ua Lava mean?
(b) For the people.
(d) Of the aliens.
8. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
(a) He is a little whiter and more decoratively dressed.
(b) He looks nothing like the other Somoans.
(c) He is much taller.
(d) He is much fatter and has no hair.
9. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Warmaker?
10. What type of colony was Divine Wood originally?
11. How old was Ender when he left Earth?
12. How are Miro and Young Val's work styles different when they are on the quest that Jane sends them?
(a) Young Val does twice as much work as Miro.
(b) Miro tires faster than Young Val.
(c) Miro does twice as much work as Young Val.
(d) Young Val tires faster than Miro.
13. How does Old Val propose that Novinha save Jane?
(a) By keeping Ender alive.
(b) By giving Ender permission to die.
(c) By persuading Young Val to give up her body.
(d) By giving her own body to Jane.
14. How does Jane determine who has the power to influence Hikari?
(a) She intercepts an email.
(b) She reads his mind.
(c) She does not determine who can influence Hikari.
(d) She calls him.
15. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
(a) Finding a new home for the pequeninos.
(b) Finding descolada's planet of origin.
(c) Finding a body for Jane.
(d) Finding the Hive Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
2. How many planets are Miro and Young Val able to visit on the quest that Jane sends them?
3. When individual ansibles and entire networks go offline, how does Jane feel?
4. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
5. What was the original catalyst for Ender and Novinha's separation?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)