|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
2. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
(a) It could cause insanity.
(b) It could cause Val to lose a sense of herself.
(c) It could cause friends to fail to recognize them.
(d) It could cause Jane to lose a sense of herself.
3. When Wang-mu and Peter first go to Divine Wood, what is the fake identity that Peter adopts?
(d) Gnomic philosopher.
4. What does Ua Lava mean?
(a) For the people.
(b) Of the aliens.
5. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
(a) Because she believes they are still in space.
(b) Because she is not allowed off the ship.
(c) Because men cannot tell women what to do.
(d) Because he is being rude.
6. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
(a) By moving Ender to Divine Wood.
(b) By bringing more attention to Ender's duties.
(c) By teaching the fathertrees to cast a philotic web to catch his aiua.
(d) By infecting Ender with the descolada virus.
7. What does the ship Peter and Wang-mu use to fly to Divine Wood look like?
(a) A large box.
(b) An aluminum can.
(c) A rocket.
(d) An airplane.
8. In the "Nobody is Rational" chapter, where does Ender collapse?
(a) He doesn't collapse.
(b) In the Filho's courtyard.
(c) In his backyard.
(d) On his way to Divine Wood.
9. Who does Hikari call "assassins of the heart"?
(a) All humanity.
(b) The Lusitanians.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) Wang-mu and Peter.
10. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
(a) A virus.
(b) A bee.
(c) A rat.
(d) A ball.
11. What is the relationship of Quim to Novinha?
(a) He is her son.
(b) He is her husband.
(c) He is her friend.
(d) He is her father.
12. What happens at the end of the "You Don't Believe in God" chapter when Ender and Novinha reunite in the garden?
(a) Novinha grants Ender permission to stay.
(b) Novinha sends Ender away forever.
(c) Novinha says Ender must go but she will miss hm.
(d) Novinha invites Ender to stay only for the night.
13. What does Novinha do immediately after Ender collapses in "Nobody is Rational"?
(a) She calls for help.
(b) She gives him CPR.
(c) She leaves him.
(d) She runs to get him water.
14. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
(a) She is more gentle and altruistic.
(b) She is more powerful.
(c) She is strong enough to handle Jane's temper.
(d) She is a female.
15. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
(a) She shouts out to them.
(b) She sends a telepathic message.
(c) She send them an email.
(d) She sends a message via a worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ender at the beginning of the novel?
2. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
3. Who does Novinha blame for Ender's collapse in "Nobody is Rational"?
4. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
5. Jane determined that Hikari is a secret disciple of who?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)