|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Jane dies, what, according to Miro, dies along with her?
(a) Her ability to drive out the pequeninos.
(b) Her ability to help humans, pequeninos, and buggers.
(c) Her ability to make peace for the whole world.
(d) Her ability to fight the descolada virus.
2. What religious order does Novinha, Ender's wife, enter?
(a) Children of the Mind of Christ.
(b) Church of Latter Day Saints.
(c) Children of the Mind of God.
(d) Children of Yesterday's God.
3. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Warmaker?
4. Which of the following characters does not help Human and the Hive Queen create the largest philotic web ever?
(a) Other Kings.
(c) Other Queens.
5. Who does Novinha blame for Ender's collapse in "Nobody is Rational"?
6. What is causing Young Val to fade away?
(a) She is becoming ill from descolada.
(b) She is losing Ender's attention.
(c) She has always been weak.
(d) She is only an illusion.
7. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what excuse does she give for not being able to see him?
(a) She is not in love.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is gardening.
8. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
(a) Ender is divorcing his wife.
(b) Ender has retreated into the Filhos.
(c) Ender is dying.
(d) Ender is weaker than ever.
9. How old was Ender when he left Earth?
10. In what language does Malu address Peter and Wang-mu during their first meeting?
(a) DNA blueprints.
(b) A well-known technical language.
(c) An ancient holy dialect.
11. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
(a) Reviving Ender into a new body.
(b) Finding a new planet on which to live.
(c) Stopping the destruction of Lusitania.
(d) Saving the life of Jane.
12. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) They run after him.
(b) They fall in the sand and begin weeping.
(c) They begin tearing down the structure they erected.
(d) They beg Peter and Wang-mu to take them away.
13. Jane determined that Hikari is a secret disciple of who?
(a) Ua Lava.
(b) Hive Queen.
(c) Aiara Leaven.
(d) Miro Mana.
14. How does Miro maintain contact with Jane during his travels?
(a) Through a transceiver in his ear.
(b) Through a messanger.
(c) Through a series of flashes of light.
(d) Though telepathic messages.
15. What does Jane claim that hearing of Young Val's impending death has caused Miro to realize?
(a) He is also mortal.
(b) He loves Young Val.
(c) He has lost connection with reality.
(d) He has very little time to complete his task.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grace identify as Wang-mu's rival for Peter's love at Jane's deathbed?
2. What does Ua Lava mean?
3. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
4. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
5. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)