|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grace identify as Wang-mu's rival for Peter's love at Jane's deathbed?
2. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
(a) Rejoin the real world and admit his mortality.
(b) Talk to Jane or rejoin the real world.
(c) Kill himself so that Peter can live.
(d) Talk to Young Val.
3. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
4. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
5. Who is Valentine?
(a) Jane's aunt.
(b) Peter's mother.
(c) Ender's sister.
(d) Mrio's cousin.
6. Where is Ender at the beginning of the novel?
(c) Divine Wood.
7. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
(a) She is more powerful.
(b) She is a female.
(c) She is more gentle and altruistic.
(d) She is strong enough to handle Jane's temper.
8. As Jane is in her death throes, what behavior on the part of Peter does Wang-mu see as proof of his humanity?
(a) She sees no humanity in Peter.
(b) Peter crying and comforting Jane.
(c) Peter realizing that Jane is not human.
(d) Peter walking away from Jane.
9. What is the profession of Aimaina Hikari?
(c) Gnomic philosopher.
(d) Analytical philospher.
10. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
(a) Human tells her that Ender is recovering well.
(b) Human tells her that Ender's recovery is slow but steady.
(c) Human tells her Ender is dead.
(d) Human tells her Ender is in poor shape and unconscious.
11. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
12. When Old Val slaps Plikt across the face, what does she say to her?
(a) Old Val says Plikt will die a painful death.
(b) Old Val says Plikt will never speak Ender's death.
(c) Old Val says Plikt is an evil coward.
(d) Old Val says Plikt is like a cannibal.
13. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
14. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
(a) Finding a new home for the pequeninos.
(b) Finding the Hive Queen.
(c) Finding descolada's planet of origin.
(d) Finding a body for Jane.
15. Why does Human say that she does not think Ender will find his way into Peter when he dies?
(a) Because Ender needs Peter's full person.
(b) Because Peter represents the part of himself he most hates.
(c) Because Peter is too weak.
(d) Because moving into Peter would damage him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not help Human and the Hive Queen create the largest philotic web ever?
2. What must Peter and Wang-mu promise to do before meeting Malu?
3. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
4. Why does the Hive Queen not want to help find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body?
5. How does Wang-mu respond after Grace points out Peter and her scam and calls them liars?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)