|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "Nobody is Rational" chapter, where does Ender collapse?
(a) In his backyard.
(b) On his way to Divine Wood.
(c) In the Filho's courtyard.
(d) He doesn't collapse.
2. Jane determined that Hikari is a secret disciple of who?
(a) Ua Lava.
(b) Miro Mana.
(c) Aiara Leaven.
(d) Hive Queen.
3. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
(a) Finding descolada's planet of origin.
(b) Finding the Hive Queen.
(c) Finding a new home for the pequeninos.
(d) Finding a body for Jane.
4. To what character of popular children's literature does Young Val compare herself?
5. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
6. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
(a) It could cause Val to lose a sense of herself.
(b) It could cause Jane to lose a sense of herself.
(c) It could cause insanity.
(d) It could cause friends to fail to recognize them.
7. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
8. If Jane dies, what, according to Miro, dies along with her?
(a) Her ability to fight the descolada virus.
(b) Her ability to help humans, pequeninos, and buggers.
(c) Her ability to make peace for the whole world.
(d) Her ability to drive out the pequeninos.
9. What observation does Malu make about Jane's attitude toward her mechanical body?
(a) She is pleased with her mechanical existence.
(b) She doesn't appreciate it enough.
(c) She is fundamentally dissatisfied with it.
(d) She doesn't need it.
10. How does Miro maintain contact with Jane during his travels?
(a) Through a series of flashes of light.
(b) Though telepathic messages.
(c) Through a messanger.
(d) Through a transceiver in his ear.
11. What epiphany does Wang-mu have after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) She realizes her role is to love Peter.
(b) She realizes she is pregnant.
(c) She realizes her role is to kill Peter.
(d) She realizes she wants to follow Malu.
12. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(a) Young Val.
13. How does Miro respond to Jane's looming destruction after the shutdown of the ansible networks begins?
(a) He begins sobbing.
(b) He tries to contact her, but fails.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He hurries about the starship.
14. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
(a) She is strong enough to handle Jane's temper.
(b) She is more powerful.
(c) She is more gentle and altruistic.
(d) She is a female.
15. What does Jane claim that hearing of Young Val's impending death has caused Miro to realize?
(a) He loves Young Val.
(b) He is also mortal.
(c) He has very little time to complete his task.
(d) He has lost connection with reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Marcao?
2. Who says she is "sick of letting people go"?
3. How does Wang-mu interpret Malu's story of creation?
4. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
5. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)