|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing Young Val to fade away?
(a) She is losing Ender's attention.
(b) She is only an illusion.
(c) She has always been weak.
(d) She is becoming ill from descolada.
2. When was Peter called into being?
(a) During the last xenocide.
(b) During Ender's first trip to Outspace.
(c) During the creation of Divine Wood.
(d) During his parents' honeymoon.
3. How does Young Val respond when Miro tries to hug her after they discuss putting Jane's aiua into her body?
(a) She embraces him.
(b) She tells him she wishes he were dead.
(c) She tells him that she has always loved him.
(d) She tells him to wait until Jane has the body before he touches it.
4. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
(a) Ender says Jane and Miro can battle for superiority.
(b) Ender says that Miro can have his body.
(c) Ender says Jane can gave Young Val's body.
(d) Ender says Miro can marry Young Val.
5. Why does Young Val oppose putting Jane's aiua into her body?
(a) Young Val feels it will cut her off from her deepest self.
(b) Young Val thinks it will allow Jane to have too much power.
(c) Young Val wants Jane dead.
(d) Young Val doesn't think she is dying.
6. What happens at the end of the "You Don't Believe in God" chapter when Ender and Novinha reunite in the garden?
(a) Novinha says Ender must go but she will miss hm.
(b) Novinha sends Ender away forever.
(c) Novinha invites Ender to stay only for the night.
(d) Novinha grants Ender permission to stay.
7. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
(a) He is much taller.
(b) He looks nothing like the other Somoans.
(c) He is a little whiter and more decoratively dressed.
(d) He is much fatter and has no hair.
8. Who does Malu refer to as "the god who dances on spider webs"?
(a) The Biblical God.
(d) The Hive Queen.
9. What does Jane claim that hearing of Young Val's impending death has caused Miro to realize?
(a) He has very little time to complete his task.
(b) He has lost connection with reality.
(c) He loves Young Val.
(d) He is also mortal.
10. Who instructs Wang-mu and Peter that Malu can influence Hikari?
11. When individual ansibles and entire networks go offline, how does Jane feel?
(a) As if she is being torn apart limb by limb.
(c) In pain, but finally satisfied.
12. What is Outspace?
(a) A planet.
(b) A country.
(c) A theory of the universe.
(d) Literally out of space.
13. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
14. How are Miro and Young Val's work styles different when they are on the quest that Jane sends them?
(a) Young Val tires faster than Miro.
(b) Miro tires faster than Young Val.
(c) Young Val does twice as much work as Miro.
(d) Miro does twice as much work as Young Val.
15. How does Wang-mu respond after Grace points out Peter and her scam and calls them liars?
(a) Wang-mu sticks with their disguises.
(b) Wang-mu tells their true itentity.
(c) Wang-mu makes up a new identity.
(d) Wang-mu runs off, leaving Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Jane dies, what, according to Miro, dies along with her?
2. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
3. Who goes with Young Val to visit the Hive Queen to seek more information about how to get Jane's aiua into Young Val?
4. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
5. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)