|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Quim die?
(a) From a bite of a mosquito.
(b) From a gunshot wound.
(c) From descolada.
(d) From an arrow to the heart.
2. Orbiting the planet of the Descoladores, which of the following characters is not one of the ones that Miro and Val decide to go home to get?
(d) Hive Queen.
3. Who does Novinha blame for Ender's collapse in "Nobody is Rational"?
4. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
5. When does Grace join Peter and Wang-mu during their first meal at Grace's house?
(a) When the first dish is served.
(b) When the final dish is served.
(c) Before dinner is served.
(d) After they have finished eating.
6. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
(a) By teaching the fathertrees to cast a philotic web to catch his aiua.
(b) By bringing more attention to Ender's duties.
(c) By infecting Ender with the descolada virus.
(d) By moving Ender to Divine Wood.
7. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
(a) Peter arrives on Path.
(b) Ender programs Peter.
(c) Wang-mu leaves Path.
(d) Ender sends Peter to Path.
8. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
9. When individual ansibles and entire networks go offline, how does Jane feel?
(a) As if she is being torn apart limb by limb.
(c) In pain, but finally satisfied.
10. After Miro finds out that Jane's real mission for them was not finding habitable planets, what does he guess the real mission is?
(a) Finding descolada's planet of origin.
(b) Finding a body for Jane.
(c) Finding the Hive Queen.
(d) Finding a new home for the pequeninos.
11. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
(a) She shouts out to them.
(b) She sends a message via a worker.
(c) She sends a telepathic message.
(d) She send them an email.
12. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
(a) The computer cannot find any trace of them.
(b) He finds out that they are imposters.
(c) The computer returns reports that they are spies.
(d) He finds out that they are from Path.
13. What is the profession of Aimaina Hikari?
(a) Gnomic philosopher.
(c) Analytical philospher.
14. What does Grace's husband describe as "impure feet tickling the Gods"?
(a) Peter marrying Wang-mu.
(b) Peter meeting Grace.
(c) Peter talking to Jane.
(d) Peter meeting Malu.
15. Who says she is "sick of letting people go"?
(b) Young Val.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hikari believe that Wang-mu and Peter were sent after consulting his computer?
2. What must Peter and Wang-mu promise to do before meeting Malu?
3. What observation does Malu make about Jane's attitude toward her mechanical body?
4. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
5. What is the name of the island on Pacifica where Peter and Wang-mu try to contact Malu?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)