|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
2. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
3. In the "Nobody is Rational" chapter, where does Ender collapse?
(a) In the Filho's courtyard.
(b) On his way to Divine Wood.
(c) He doesn't collapse.
(d) In his backyard.
4. What epiphany does Wang-mu have after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) She realizes her role is to love Peter.
(b) She realizes she wants to follow Malu.
(c) She realizes her role is to kill Peter.
(d) She realizes she is pregnant.
5. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
(a) Because he is being rude.
(b) Because she believes they are still in space.
(c) Because she is not allowed off the ship.
(d) Because men cannot tell women what to do.
6. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
(a) Ender says Jane and Miro can battle for superiority.
(b) Ender says Jane can gave Young Val's body.
(c) Ender says Miro can marry Young Val.
(d) Ender says that Miro can have his body.
7. Where is Ender at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Divine Wood.
8. After Human and the Hive Queen create the largest philotic web ever and cannot locate Jane, what solution do they propose to retrieve her aiua?
(a) Have Ender call her into one of his bodies.
(b) Let her aiua find its way back into the web.
(c) Continue their same strategy.
(d) Using the computer network as a detective to find her.
9. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
10. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
(a) Human tells her Ender is dead.
(b) Human tells her Ender is in poor shape and unconscious.
(c) Human tells her that Ender's recovery is slow but steady.
(d) Human tells her that Ender is recovering well.
11. What is the profession of Aimaina Hikari?
(a) Analytical philospher.
(d) Gnomic philosopher.
12. Who is Valentine?
(a) Mrio's cousin.
(b) Peter's mother.
(c) Jane's aunt.
(d) Ender's sister.
13. Why does Human say that she does not think Ender will find his way into Peter when he dies?
(a) Because moving into Peter would damage him.
(b) Because Ender needs Peter's full person.
(c) Because Peter represents the part of himself he most hates.
(d) Because Peter is too weak.
14. How many planets are Miro and Young Val able to visit on the quest that Jane sends them?
(b) Twenty four.
15. Who is Rooter?
(a) Human's mother.
(b) The Hive Queen's daughter.
(c) Jane's sister.
(d) Young Val's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
2. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
3. When Wang-mu and Peter first go to Divine Wood, what is the fake identity that Peter adopts?
4. Why does the Hive Queen not want to help find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body?
5. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)