|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Jane dies, what, according to Miro, dies along with her?
(a) Her ability to help humans, pequeninos, and buggers.
(b) Her ability to drive out the pequeninos.
(c) Her ability to fight the descolada virus.
(d) Her ability to make peace for the whole world.
2. Who says "Life is a suicide mission"?
3. How does Miro maintain contact with Jane during his travels?
(a) Through a transceiver in his ear.
(b) Though telepathic messages.
(c) Through a series of flashes of light.
(d) Through a messanger.
4. Who does Grace identify as Wang-mu's rival for Peter's love at Jane's deathbed?
5. What epiphany does Wang-mu have after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) She realizes her role is to love Peter.
(b) She realizes her role is to kill Peter.
(c) She realizes she wants to follow Malu.
(d) She realizes she is pregnant.
6. Who does Novinha blame for Ender's collapse in "Nobody is Rational"?
7. What does Novinha do immediately after Ender collapses in "Nobody is Rational"?
(a) She gives him CPR.
(b) She calls for help.
(c) She leaves him.
(d) She runs to get him water.
8. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
(a) Finding a new planet on which to live.
(b) Stopping the destruction of Lusitania.
(c) Reviving Ender into a new body.
(d) Saving the life of Jane.
9. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
(a) Ua Lava.
(b) Bee Communion.
(c) Order of the Children of the Mind.
10. How does Wang-mu interpret Malu's story of creation?
(a) As a well designed fable.
(b) As an allegory for philotic theory.
(c) As an interpretation of the Bible.
(d) As the ravings of a lunatic.
11. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
(a) He is much fatter and has no hair.
(b) He is a little whiter and more decoratively dressed.
(c) He is much taller.
(d) He looks nothing like the other Somoans.
12. In the "Nobody is Rational" chapter, where does Ender collapse?
(a) He doesn't collapse.
(b) In the Filho's courtyard.
(c) On his way to Divine Wood.
(d) In his backyard.
13. As Jane is in her death throes, what behavior on the part of Peter does Wang-mu see as proof of his humanity?
(a) Peter realizing that Jane is not human.
(b) She sees no humanity in Peter.
(c) Peter crying and comforting Jane.
(d) Peter walking away from Jane.
14. What is the name of the island on Pacifica where Peter and Wang-mu try to contact Malu?
15. Grace is a philosopher that writes under the name Grace _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Hive Queen not want to help find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body?
2. Why does Hikari pour his own servant tea?
3. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
4. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
5. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)