|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(c) Young Val.
2. Why does Hikari pour his own servant tea?
(a) Because his servant has no arms.
(b) To demonstrate humility.
(c) It is the usual custom.
(d) His servant is not allowed to touch the tea pot.
3. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
(a) Ender says that Miro can have his body.
(b) Ender says Jane can gave Young Val's body.
(c) Ender says Jane and Miro can battle for superiority.
(d) Ender says Miro can marry Young Val.
4. How does Old Val propose that Novinha save Jane?
(a) By giving her own body to Jane.
(b) By keeping Ender alive.
(c) By giving Ender permission to die.
(d) By persuading Young Val to give up her body.
5. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
(a) Saving the life of Jane.
(b) Finding a new planet on which to live.
(c) Reviving Ender into a new body.
(d) Stopping the destruction of Lusitania.
6. Who does Hikari call "assassins of the heart"?
(a) The Lusitanians.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) All humanity.
(d) Wang-mu and Peter.
7. Who does Malu refer to as "the god who dances on spider webs"?
(a) The Hive Queen.
(c) The Biblical God.
8. When was Peter called into being?
(a) During his parents' honeymoon.
(b) During the creation of Divine Wood.
(c) During Ender's first trip to Outspace.
(d) During the last xenocide.
9. What type of colony was Divine Wood originally?
10. What does Ua Lava mean?
(a) Of the aliens.
(c) For the people.
11. How does Jane determine who has the power to influence Hikari?
(a) She reads his mind.
(b) She calls him.
(c) She intercepts an email.
(d) She does not determine who can influence Hikari.
12. How old was Ender when he left Earth?
13. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
(a) He finds out that they are from Path.
(b) The computer cannot find any trace of them.
(c) The computer returns reports that they are spies.
(d) He finds out that they are imposters.
14. Who instructs Wang-mu and Peter that Malu can influence Hikari?
15. Orbiting the planet of the Descoladores, which of the following characters is not one of the ones that Miro and Val decide to go home to get?
(b) Hive Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Young Val oppose putting Jane's aiua into her body?
2. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
3. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
4. When individual ansibles and entire networks go offline, how does Jane feel?
5. What must Peter and Wang-mu promise to do before meeting Malu?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)