|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
2. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
(a) Stopping the destruction of Lusitania.
(b) Reviving Ender into a new body.
(c) Finding a new planet on which to live.
(d) Saving the life of Jane.
3. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
(a) Ender programs Peter.
(b) Ender sends Peter to Path.
(c) Wang-mu leaves Path.
(d) Peter arrives on Path.
4. Who is Rooter?
(a) Young Val's aunt.
(b) Human's mother.
(c) The Hive Queen's daughter.
(d) Jane's sister.
5. What is the name of the island on Pacifica where Peter and Wang-mu try to contact Malu?
6. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
(a) Because men cannot tell women what to do.
(b) Because she is not allowed off the ship.
(c) Because she believes they are still in space.
(d) Because he is being rude.
7. What is Libo's relationship to Novinha?
(a) The father of her children.
(b) Her father's friend.
(c) Her former husband.
(d) Her husband.
8. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
(a) Human tells her that Ender's recovery is slow but steady.
(b) Human tells her that Ender is recovering well.
(c) Human tells her Ender is dead.
(d) Human tells her Ender is in poor shape and unconscious.
9. Who does Novinha blame for Ender's collapse in "Nobody is Rational"?
10. Who does Hikari call "assassins of the heart"?
(a) All humanity.
(b) Wang-mu and Peter.
(c) The Lusitanians.
(d) The Japanese.
11. In what language does Malu address Peter and Wang-mu during their first meeting?
(b) An ancient holy dialect.
(c) DNA blueprints.
(d) A well-known technical language.
12. What does Grace's husband describe as "impure feet tickling the Gods"?
(a) Peter meeting Malu.
(b) Peter talking to Jane.
(c) Peter marrying Wang-mu.
(d) Peter meeting Grace.
13. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
14. What is the relationship of Quim to Novinha?
(a) He is her son.
(b) He is her friend.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her husband.
15. How does Malu arrive for his first meeting with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) In a spaceship.
(b) On a bicycle.
(c) In a canoe.
(d) By caravan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Miro and Young Val's work styles different when they are on the quest that Jane sends them?
2. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
3. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
4. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
5. Jane determined that Hikari is a secret disciple of who?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)