|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many planets are Miro and Young Val able to visit on the quest that Jane sends them?
(b) Twenty four.
2. What is Libo's relationship to Novinha?
(a) The father of her children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father's friend.
(d) Her former husband.
3. Why does Human say that she does not think Ender will find his way into Peter when he dies?
(a) Because Ender needs Peter's full person.
(b) Because moving into Peter would damage him.
(c) Because Peter is too weak.
(d) Because Peter represents the part of himself he most hates.
4. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
5. Why is combining the memories of Jane and Young Val possibly dangerous?
(a) It could cause Val to lose a sense of herself.
(b) It could cause Jane to lose a sense of herself.
(c) It could cause insanity.
(d) It could cause friends to fail to recognize them.
6. Orbiting the planet of the Descoladores, which of the following characters is not one of the ones that Miro and Val decide to go home to get?
(d) Hive Queen.
7. Who does Novinha blame for Ender's collapse in "Nobody is Rational"?
8. As Jane is in her death throes, what behavior on the part of Peter does Wang-mu see as proof of his humanity?
(a) She sees no humanity in Peter.
(b) Peter walking away from Jane.
(c) Peter realizing that Jane is not human.
(d) Peter crying and comforting Jane.
9. In Chapter 1, who insists that Peter better "be nice" to her?
10. Who is Pipo?
(a) The colony's original xenobiologist.
(b) The first ever philosopher.
(c) An elder of a religious order.
(d) A hobo on the planet Path.
11. What does Jane claim that hearing of Young Val's impending death has caused Miro to realize?
(a) He is also mortal.
(b) He has lost connection with reality.
(c) He loves Young Val.
(d) He has very little time to complete his task.
12. When Old Val slaps Plikt across the face, what does she say to her?
(a) Old Val says Plikt is like a cannibal.
(b) Old Val says Plikt will never speak Ender's death.
(c) Old Val says Plikt is an evil coward.
(d) Old Val says Plikt will die a painful death.
13. Why does Young Val oppose putting Jane's aiua into her body?
(a) Young Val feels it will cut her off from her deepest self.
(b) Young Val wants Jane dead.
(c) Young Val doesn't think she is dying.
(d) Young Val thinks it will allow Jane to have too much power.
14. What observation does Malu make about Jane's attitude toward her mechanical body?
(a) She doesn't need it.
(b) She is pleased with her mechanical existence.
(c) She is fundamentally dissatisfied with it.
(d) She doesn't appreciate it enough.
15. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(d) Young Val.
Short Answer Questions
1. What epiphany does Wang-mu have after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
2. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
3. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
4. What is the profession of Aimaina Hikari?
5. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)