|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Malu make about Jane's attitude toward her mechanical body?
(a) She is pleased with her mechanical existence.
(b) She doesn't need it.
(c) She is fundamentally dissatisfied with it.
(d) She doesn't appreciate it enough.
2. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
(a) A virus.
(b) A rat.
(c) A ball.
(d) A bee.
3. Why does the Hive Queen not want to help find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body?
(a) She says Jane will survive regardless of what they do.
(b) She says Jane is too connected to the computer world.
(c) She says Jane will rip Val's body apart.
(d) She says Jane is a full self, not a singe aiua.
4. What is the name of the island on Pacifica where Peter and Wang-mu try to contact Malu?
5. What was the original catalyst for Ender and Novinha's separation?
(a) Marcao's interference.
(b) Ender's affair.
(c) Novinha's entrance into the religious order.
(d) Quim's death.
6. How does Old Val propose that Novinha save Jane?
(a) By keeping Ender alive.
(b) By persuading Young Val to give up her body.
(c) By giving her own body to Jane.
(d) By giving Ender permission to die.
7. How many planets are Miro and Young Val able to visit on the quest that Jane sends them?
(c) Twenty four.
8. What does Jane claim that hearing of Young Val's impending death has caused Miro to realize?
(a) He loves Young Val.
(b) He is also mortal.
(c) He has lost connection with reality.
(d) He has very little time to complete his task.
9. Why does Human say that she does not think Ender will find his way into Peter when he dies?
(a) Because moving into Peter would damage him.
(b) Because Ender needs Peter's full person.
(c) Because Peter is too weak.
(d) Because Peter represents the part of himself he most hates.
10. When individual ansibles and entire networks go offline, how does Jane feel?
(a) As if she is being torn apart limb by limb.
(b) In pain, but finally satisfied.
11. What does the ship Peter and Wang-mu use to fly to Divine Wood look like?
(a) An aluminum can.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A rocket.
(d) A large box.
12. What is the profession of Aimaina Hikari?
(b) Analytical philospher.
(c) Gnomic philosopher.
13. What is Outspace?
(a) A country.
(b) A planet.
(c) Literally out of space.
(d) A theory of the universe.
14. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
15. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
(a) Ender says that Miro can have his body.
(b) Ender says Jane can gave Young Val's body.
(c) Ender says Jane and Miro can battle for superiority.
(d) Ender says Miro can marry Young Val.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
2. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
3. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
4. Why does Hikari pour his own servant tea?
5. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)