|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "Nobody is Rational" chapter, where does Ender collapse?
(a) In his backyard.
(b) In the Filho's courtyard.
(c) He doesn't collapse.
(d) On his way to Divine Wood.
2. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
(a) Wang-mu leaves Path.
(b) Ender programs Peter.
(c) Ender sends Peter to Path.
(d) Peter arrives on Path.
3. Who says, "all stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe"?
(a) Old Val.
4. Who controls the flight of the spaceship in Chapter 1?
5. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(b) Young Val.
6. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
7. What religious movement is thriving on Pacifica?
(a) Bee Communion.
(c) Ua Lava.
(d) Order of the Children of the Mind.
8. Who is Rooter?
(a) Human's mother.
(b) Jane's sister.
(c) Young Val's aunt.
(d) The Hive Queen's daughter.
9. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
(a) By moving Ender to Divine Wood.
(b) By bringing more attention to Ender's duties.
(c) By teaching the fathertrees to cast a philotic web to catch his aiua.
(d) By infecting Ender with the descolada virus.
10. What is Outspace?
(a) A planet.
(b) A country.
(c) Literally out of space.
(d) A theory of the universe.
11. Why is Wang-mu aghast when Peter tells her she may step off the ship?
(a) Because she believes they are still in space.
(b) Because men cannot tell women what to do.
(c) Because she is not allowed off the ship.
(d) Because he is being rude.
12. Who is Valentine?
(a) Mrio's cousin.
(b) Ender's sister.
(c) Jane's aunt.
(d) Peter's mother.
13. What is causing Young Val to fade away?
(a) She is becoming ill from descolada.
(b) She is only an illusion.
(c) She has always been weak.
(d) She is losing Ender's attention.
14. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
(a) Stopping the destruction of Lusitania.
(b) Saving the life of Jane.
(c) Finding a new planet on which to live.
(d) Reviving Ender into a new body.
15. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Aimaina Hikari?
2. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
3. How does Miro maintain contact with Jane during his travels?
4. How does Miro respond to Jane's looming destruction after the shutdown of the ansible networks begins?
5. How does the Hive Queen warn Miro and Val that she does not want to help them while they are on the way to see her?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)