|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jane is in her death throes, what behavior on the part of Peter does Wang-mu see as proof of his humanity?
(a) She sees no humanity in Peter.
(b) Peter walking away from Jane.
(c) Peter crying and comforting Jane.
(d) Peter realizing that Jane is not human.
2. Who does Grace identify as Wang-mu's rival for Peter's love at Jane's deathbed?
3. How many planets are Miro and Young Val able to visit on the quest that Jane sends them?
(d) Twenty four.
4. Who does Novinha blame for Ender's collapse in "Nobody is Rational"?
5. What does the ship Peter and Wang-mu use to fly to Divine Wood look like?
(a) A large box.
(b) An aluminum can.
(c) A rocket.
(d) An airplane.
6. Who is Pipo?
(a) The colony's original xenobiologist.
(b) An elder of a religious order.
(c) A hobo on the planet Path.
(d) The first ever philosopher.
7. What must Peter and Wang-mu promise to do before meeting Malu?
(a) Listen to him without interrupting him.
(b) Serve him for one year.
(c) Pay Grace for bringing them to him.
(d) Offer him a large meal.
8. Who does Hikari call "assassins of the heart"?
(a) The Lusitanians.
(b) All humanity.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) Wang-mu and Peter.
9. What is the profession of Aimaina Hikari?
(b) Analytical philospher.
(c) Gnomic philosopher.
10. What causes an awkward moment when Miro speaks with Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us"?
(a) Ender says that Miro has secret passions for his sister.
(b) Ender says Miro's own confidence will be his downfall.
(c) Ender says that he has never liked Miro and asks him to leave.
(d) Ender says Miro is attracted to Young Val, who is like Ender in a wig.
11. During Ender and Novinha's conversation in the garden, Novinha says that she loves and misses Ender ____ than she ever did Libo.
12. What is Libo's relationship to Novinha?
(a) The father of her children.
(b) Her father's friend.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her former husband.
13. Who instructs Wang-mu and Peter that Malu can influence Hikari?
14. In what language does Malu address Peter and Wang-mu during their first meeting?
(a) An ancient holy dialect.
(c) A well-known technical language.
(d) DNA blueprints.
15. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Human and the Hive Queen discuss how to effect Jane's transfer, what news does the Hive Queen receive about Ender?
2. How does Malu arrive for his first meeting with Peter and Wang-mu?
3. Who does Novinha say "spins a pretty story"?
4. Who does Wang-mu become aware of standing beside her and holding her hand as Jane dies?
5. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)