|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common language on Divine Wood?
2. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
(a) He is much fatter and has no hair.
(b) He is a little whiter and more decoratively dressed.
(c) He looks nothing like the other Somoans.
(d) He is much taller.
3. Why does Hikari pour his own servant tea?
(a) Because his servant has no arms.
(b) To demonstrate humility.
(c) His servant is not allowed to touch the tea pot.
(d) It is the usual custom.
4. When Old Val slaps Plikt across the face, what does she say to her?
(a) Old Val says Plikt is like a cannibal.
(b) Old Val says Plikt will never speak Ender's death.
(c) Old Val says Plikt will die a painful death.
(d) Old Val says Plikt is an evil coward.
5. How does the novel Children of the Mind begin?
(a) Peter arrives on Path.
(b) Wang-mu leaves Path.
(c) Ender programs Peter.
(d) Ender sends Peter to Path.
6. How does Jane determine who has the power to influence Hikari?
(a) She does not determine who can influence Hikari.
(b) She reads his mind.
(c) She calls him.
(d) She intercepts an email.
7. After Human and the Hive Queen create the largest philotic web ever and cannot locate Jane, what solution do they propose to retrieve her aiua?
(a) Continue their same strategy.
(b) Let her aiua find its way back into the web.
(c) Using the computer network as a detective to find her.
(d) Have Ender call her into one of his bodies.
8. Why does Jane send Miro and Young Val to different planets?
(a) To see if they are habitable.
(b) To see if they have meat sources.
(c) To see if they are conquerable.
(d) To see if they have friendly people.
9. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
(a) He finds out that they are from Path.
(b) The computer returns reports that they are spies.
(c) He finds out that they are imposters.
(d) The computer cannot find any trace of them.
10. When Ender tries to reconcile with his wife on Lusitania, what excuse does she give for not being able to see him?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is gardening.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is not in love.
11. Who goes with Young Val to visit the Hive Queen to seek more information about how to get Jane's aiua into Young Val?
12. What task has Peter been assigned that makes his work more interesting to Ender?
(a) Stopping the destruction of Lusitania.
(b) Saving the life of Jane.
(c) Finding a new planet on which to live.
(d) Reviving Ender into a new body.
13. When Miro leaves Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what action does Ender allow?
(a) Ender says Miro can marry Young Val.
(b) Ender says Jane and Miro can battle for superiority.
(c) Ender says that Miro can have his body.
(d) Ender says Jane can gave Young Val's body.
14. According to Malu, how was the sun formed?
(a) God touched a cloud and it spun into fire, becoming the sun.
(b) Jane made the sun from her anger.
(c) The sun developed out of a primordial soup.
(d) The sun was not formed, but instead always existed.
15. What is the name of Ender's debilitated stepson?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
2. Who says she is "sick of letting people go"?
3. What is the name of the island on Pacifica where Peter and Wang-mu try to contact Malu?
4. Why does the Hive Queen not want to help find a way to put Jane's aiua into Val's body?
5. When individual ansibles and entire networks go offline, how does Jane feel?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)