|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Hive Queen suggest that she and Human help Ender?
(a) By moving Ender to Divine Wood.
(b) By bringing more attention to Ender's duties.
(c) By infecting Ender with the descolada virus.
(d) By teaching the fathertrees to cast a philotic web to catch his aiua.
2. Why does Malu suggest Val might be a better host than Peter for Jane?
(a) She is more powerful.
(b) She is more gentle and altruistic.
(c) She is strong enough to handle Jane's temper.
(d) She is a female.
3. What happens at the end of the "You Don't Believe in God" chapter when Ender and Novinha reunite in the garden?
(a) Novinha sends Ender away forever.
(b) Novinha says Ender must go but she will miss hm.
(c) Novinha grants Ender permission to stay.
(d) Novinha invites Ender to stay only for the night.
4. What is causing Young Val to fade away?
(a) She is becoming ill from descolada.
(b) She is only an illusion.
(c) She is losing Ender's attention.
(d) She has always been weak.
5. Who is Pipo?
(a) The first ever philosopher.
(b) The colony's original xenobiologist.
(c) A hobo on the planet Path.
(d) An elder of a religious order.
6. What was the original catalyst for Ender and Novinha's separation?
(a) Ender's affair.
(b) Marcao's interference.
(c) Quim's death.
(d) Novinha's entrance into the religious order.
7. Whose name does Ender call out to when Plikt is by his bedside?
(d) Young Val.
8. As Jane is in her death throes, what behavior on the part of Peter does Wang-mu see as proof of his humanity?
(a) Peter crying and comforting Jane.
(b) Peter walking away from Jane.
(c) She sees no humanity in Peter.
(d) Peter realizing that Jane is not human.
9. When Miro goes to speak to Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us," what does he ask Ender to do?
(a) Rejoin the real world and admit his mortality.
(b) Kill himself so that Peter can live.
(c) Talk to Jane or rejoin the real world.
(d) Talk to Young Val.
10. How does Miro respond to Jane's looming destruction after the shutdown of the ansible networks begins?
(a) He hurries about the starship.
(b) He tries to contact her, but fails.
(c) He begins sobbing.
(d) He is elated.
11. Where is Ender at the beginning of the novel?
(c) Divine Wood.
12. When Miro and Young Val return to Lusitania one day and are greeted by his brothers, sisters, and Old Val, what do they tell them about Ender?
(a) Ender is divorcing his wife.
(b) Ender is weaker than ever.
(c) Ender is dying.
(d) Ender has retreated into the Filhos.
13. How does Malu compare in appearance to other Samoans?
(a) He is a little whiter and more decoratively dressed.
(b) He is much fatter and has no hair.
(c) He is much taller.
(d) He looks nothing like the other Somoans.
14. What does Wang-mu catch in her hands upon her and Peter's arrival on Divine Wind?
(a) A virus.
(b) A bee.
(c) A ball.
(d) A rat.
15. What do Malu's followers do after Malu leaves his first visit with Peter and Wang-mu?
(a) They run after him.
(b) They beg Peter and Wang-mu to take them away.
(c) They begin tearing down the structure they erected.
(d) They fall in the sand and begin weeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes an awkward moment when Miro speaks with Ender at the end of the chapter, "There are Too Many of Us"?
2. What does Novinha do immediately after Ender collapses in "Nobody is Rational"?
3. Which of the following is a condition to full entry into the religious order that Novinha has joined?
4. What happens when Hikari asks his computer for information on Wang-mu and Peter?
5. What religious order does Novinha, Ender's wife, enter?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)