Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the Weedpatch School gain from community taxes?
2. Mr. Hart determined that Okie children were essentially what?
3. On the first day of work on the Weedpatch School, the kids built what?
4. What organs had Leo Hart lost to his disease after his military service?
5. What were the federal buildings renovated into for the Weedpatch School?
How many farmers lost their land between 1935 and 1940? How many families left the Dust Bowl during this period? Where did they go?
Describe the prejudice and segregation faced by the Okies in California. What was the reaction of the local communities to the influx of Okies in the region? Why?
Describe the lives of the Okies in the Okievilles versus their situation in the Weedpatch and other federally funded camps. How much did it cost a family to stay at a migrant camp? What was life on the camp like?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)