|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who showed his total support for Weedpatch School by enrolling his own children there?
2. Who taught History and Math at the Weedpatch School?
3. Who at the Weedpatch School taught the kids shoe cobbling so they could repair their parents' shoes?
4. The hot summer before the school was to open, the Okie kids spent morning to night where?
5. The field trips and outings offered as rewards for scholastic achievement frequently included going where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the effects of the Great Depression on the farmers of the Oklahoma Panhandle. What impact did banking and stocks have on the farmers?
Essay Topic 2
How many farmers lost their land between 1935 and 1940? How many families left the Dust Bowl during this period? Where did they go?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the figure of Leo Hart, including childhood, education, war service, injury, marriage, children, and career. How did Hart come to meet the Okies?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)