|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the Weedpatch School gain from community taxes?
2. Mr. Hart determined that Okie children were essentially what?
3. On the first day of work on the Weedpatch School, the kids built what?
4. What organs had Leo Hart lost to his disease after his military service?
5. What were the federal buildings renovated into for the Weedpatch School?
Essay Topic 1
How many farmers lost their land between 1935 and 1940? How many families left the Dust Bowl during this period? Where did they go?
Essay Topic 2
How was discrimination against Okie children more difficult than against their parents? What stereotypes followed the Okies? How were they segregated from the greater community?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Okies' crossing of the Black Mountains and the Mojave Desert. What dangers did the Okies face crossing these regions?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)