|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Weedpatch School, often kids would miss weeks of school because their parents had what?
2. What did Mr. Hart buy and donate to the school to help out?
3. The new building of the Weedpatch School contained classrooms and what?
4. Who was the manager of the Weedpatch Camp?
5. Whose hog placed third in the county fair in Chapter Eight: Our School?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Mother Road, and the hazards that the Okie families faced during this route. What protection did the Okies have from climate elements? What floods were encountered along the way?
Essay Topic 2
How many farmers lost their land between 1935 and 1940? How many families left the Dust Bowl during this period? Where did they go?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Okies' crossing of the Black Mountains and the Mojave Desert. What dangers did the Okies face crossing these regions?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)