Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the Weedpatch School gain from community taxes?
2. Mr. Hart determined that Okie children were essentially what?
3. On the first day of work on the Weedpatch School, the kids built what?
4. What organs had Leo Hart lost to his disease after his military service?
5. What were the federal buildings renovated into for the Weedpatch School?
What does Jerry Stanley mean by "dry farmers" when he describes the farmers of the Oklahoma Panhandle? How did the farmers survive?
Describe the rising hostility toward the Okies of Kern County following Leo Hart's appointment as superintendent. What were "Burn Brigades" and how were they organized?
Describe the region of the Tehachapi Mountains and the San Joaquin Valley. What cities did the Okies head to once arriving in California? What did they find there?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)