|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the Weedpatch School gain from community taxes?
2. Mr. Hart determined that Okie children were essentially what?
3. On the first day of work on the Weedpatch School, the kids built what?
4. What organs had Leo Hart lost to his disease after his military service?
5. What were the federal buildings renovated into for the Weedpatch School?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the rising hostility toward the Okies of Kern County following Leo Hart's appointment as superintendent. What were "Burn Brigades" and how were they organized?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Leo Hart's establishment of the Weedpatch School. What legal matters did Hart have to attend in order to make Weedpatch a possibility? Who did he turn to for help?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Mother Road, and the hazards that the Okie families faced during this route. What protection did the Okies have from climate elements? What floods were encountered along the way?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)