Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the Weedpatch School gain from community taxes?
2. Mr. Hart determined that Okie children were essentially what?
3. On the first day of work on the Weedpatch School, the kids built what?
4. What organs had Leo Hart lost to his disease after his military service?
5. What were the federal buildings renovated into for the Weedpatch School?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the lives of the Okies in the Okievilles versus their situation in the Weedpatch and other federally funded camps. How much did it cost a family to stay at a migrant camp? What was life on the camp like?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Leo Hart's establishment of the Weedpatch School. What legal matters did Hart have to attend in order to make Weedpatch a possibility? Who did he turn to for help?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dewey Russell and his involvement in the Weedpatch School. How did Russell become friends with John Steinbeck? How had the friendship influenced Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)