|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Weedpatch School was located just south of what California city?
(a) San Jose.
2. What did vandals do to harass the teachers of the Weedpatch School?
(a) Released chickens.
(b) Sent death threats.
(c) Slashed their tires.
(d) Broke their windows.
3. Who was the manager of the Weedpatch Camp?
(a) James Dickins.
(b) Andrew Granade.
(c) William Anderson.
(d) Dewey Russell.
4. One obstacle facing Mr. Hart was the fact that many of the Okie children were what?
5. What disease had Leo Hart contracted during his military service?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who at the Weedpatch School taught the kids shoe cobbling so they could repair their parents' shoes?
2. Whose hog placed third in the county fair in Chapter Eight: Our School?
3. What did Doyle Powers get as a reward for doing well on his math test in Chapter Eight: Our School?
4. Who taught History and Math at the Weedpatch School?
5. The new building of the Weedpatch School contained classrooms and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the community reaction when Mr. Hart decided to create a school for the Okie children?
2. Who headed a mob which attacked the Weedpatch Camp in Chapter 5: Mr. Hart? Why?
3. What challenges did the Okie children of the Weedpatch School face in their education?
4. What donations did Leo Hart acquire for the Weedpatch School? From whom?
5. How did Leo Hart go about helping the Okie children? What office did he run for?
6. What made progress slow with the Okie children of the Weedpatch School? How did the teachers cope?
7. What did the Weedpatch School look like after one year? How much did the student body grow?
8. Who taught at the Weedpatch School? What did the instructors teach?
9. What practical skills were taught alongside traditional academia to the children at the Weedpatch School?
10. What resistance did Hart meet with the Kern County community? What did the citizens think of Mr. Hart?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)