|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was hired as a music teacher and when he received a check for a year of services, he donated it back to the school?
(a) Andrew McWilliams.
(b) Jim McPherson.
(c) Rose Gilger.
(d) Fred Smith.
2. By when after the opening of the Weedpatch School had the kids helped to till the field next to the school?
3. What did vandals do to the original buildings at the Weedpatch School?
(a) Egged them.
(b) Painted them.
(c) Set fire to them.
(d) Flooded them.
4. Who cooked the school lunches in the new cafeteria at the Weedpatch School?
(a) James Skawinski.
(b) Leo Hart.
(c) Edna Hart.
(d) Edward Ross.
5. When the Weedpatch School made money on its potato crop, some of the money was used to take over one hundred students where?
(a) A bowling alley.
(b) A fair.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A musuem.
Short Answer Questions
1. The kids at the Weedpatch School were given what responsibility?
2. Who taught History and Math at the Weedpatch School?
3. What reason did Mr. Hart cite for removing the Okie children from the public schools?
4. How many acres of land next to the Weedpatch Camp was Mr. Hart allowed to lease for his school?
5. What organs had Leo Hart lost to his disease after his military service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What resistance did Hart meet with the Kern County community? What did the citizens think of Mr. Hart?
2. Where did Leo Hart obtain land for the Weedpatch School? How much did it cost?
3. What incidents of vandalism thwarted the Weedpatch School?
4. When did Leo Hart first meet with the students and teachers of the Weedpatch School? Where?
5. What did the Weedpatch School look like after one year? How much did the student body grow?
6. What was the community reaction when Mr. Hart decided to create a school for the Okie children?
7. What nontraditional responsibilities were the children of the Weedpatch School given?
8. What were some of the obstacles facing Leo Hart in his attempts to help the Okie children?
9. What were the buildings renovated into for the Weedpatch School?
10. How did Leo Hart come to meet the children of the Weedpatch Camp? What did he learn from them?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)