|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres of land next to the Weedpatch Camp was Mr. Hart allowed to lease for his school?
2. Who, in addition to teaching English, would teach plumbing, electric wiring, sports and aircraft mechanics at the Weedpatch School?
(a) John Roberts.
(b) Andrew McGivens.
(c) John Smithson.
(d) Lee Hanson.
3. Leo Hart became a school counselor in what county following his education?
(a) Sacramento County.
(b) Kern County.
(c) Mendocino County.
(d) Humboldt County.
4. What did Doyle Powers make on his math test in order to get a special reward in Chapter Eight: Our School?
5. How old was Leo Hart when he got in the habit of stopping by Weedpatch Camp to play ball with the Okie kids and talk to them?
6. Of what branch of the military had Leo Hart been a member?
(d) Air Force.
7. Where did Leo Hart enroll in college after his military service?
(a) University of California.
(b) University of New York.
(c) University of Arkansas.
(d) University of Arizona.
8. Many parents, after seeing their children improve at the Weedpatch School decided to do what?
(a) Move to San Francisco.
(b) Pay taxes.
(c) Enroll in college.
(d) Stay in Weedpatch.
9. What were the mobs referred to as which attempted to scare away the Okies after Mr. Hart's election?
(a) Burn Brigades.
(b) Fire Mobs.
(c) Danger Mobs.
(d) Shelley Mobs.
10. Who was hired as a music teacher and when he received a check for a year of services, he donated it back to the school?
(a) Jim McPherson.
(b) Fred Smith.
(c) Andrew McWilliams.
(d) Rose Gilger.
11. How did Okie parents feel about the transformation of their children at the Weedpatch School?
12. What type of airplane did the Weedpatch School have?
13. Who helped Leo Hart build the Weedpatch School, piece by piece?
(a) The students.
(b) The Peace Corps.
(c) The federal agents.
(d) The Army Reserve.
14. Citizens armed with clubs and what attacked the Weedpatch Camp one night, trying to frighten the Okies away in Chapter Five: Mr. Hart?
15. Hart secured enough what to build a new school building in Chapter Six: Weedpatch School?
Short Answer Questions
1. By May, 1941, the student body population at the Weedpatch School had increased to nearly how many students?
2. What kind of school was Mr. Hart permitted to build for the Okie children?
3. By when after the opening of the Weedpatch School had the kids helped to till the field next to the school?
4. The manager of the Weedpatch Camp was good friends with what author?
5. What office did Leo Hart decide to run for in Chapter Five: Mr. Hart?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)