|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Okie children refer to the dust storms they'd escaped from when telling about them in Chapter Five: Mr. Hart?
(a) Terror winds.
(b) Red storms.
(c) Black clouds.
(d) Awful nights.
2. The new building of the Weedpatch School contained classrooms and what?
(a) A garden.
(b) A stable.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A dormitory.
3. Who, in addition to teaching English, would teach plumbing, electric wiring, sports and aircraft mechanics at the Weedpatch School?
(a) Andrew McGivens.
(b) John Roberts.
(c) John Smithson.
(d) Lee Hanson.
4. On the first day of work on the Weedpatch School, the kids built what?
(a) A fish pond.
(b) A fort.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A trench.
5. Who cooked the school lunches in the new cafeteria at the Weedpatch School?
(a) Edna Hart.
(b) Leo Hart.
(c) Edward Ross.
(d) James Skawinski.
6. What did vandals do to the original buildings at the Weedpatch School?
(a) Set fire to them.
(b) Flooded them.
(c) Egged them.
(d) Painted them.
7. Who at the Weedpatch School taught the kids science and sewing so they could make more attractive and better fitting clothes for themselves?
(a) James Harris.
(b) Rose Gilger.
(c) Edna Gildner.
(d) Mark Allen White.
8. Where did Leo Hart enroll in college after his military service?
(a) University of Arkansas.
(b) University of New York.
(c) University of Arizona.
(d) University of California.
9. Walls at the Weedpatch School would collapse from what?
10. The Weedpatch School's population grew to how many students several years after its establishment?
11. Incidents of vandalism against the Okies' school included what dead animals left where the kids would find them?
12. The manager of the Weedpatch Camp was good friends with what author?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) James Joyce.
13. The kids with what percentage or better averages were occasionally taken on field trips organized by their teachers?
14. Citizens armed with clubs and what attacked the Weedpatch Camp one night, trying to frighten the Okies away in Chapter Five: Mr. Hart?
15. In what year did Leo Hart meet with the teachers he had hired and the kids who would be the first students at the new Weedpatch School?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bought an airplane from a military surplus facility for the Weedpatch School?
2. What was the official name of the Weedpatch School?
3. How old was Leo Hart when he got in the habit of stopping by Weedpatch Camp to play ball with the Okie kids and talk to them?
4. What office did Leo Hart decide to run for in Chapter Five: Mr. Hart?
5. What did Doyle Powers make on his math test in order to get a special reward in Chapter Eight: Our School?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)