|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Weedpatch School made money on its potato crop, some of the money was used to take over one hundred students where?
(a) A fair.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A bowling alley.
(d) A musuem.
2. One obstacle facing Mr. Hart was the fact that many of the Okie children were what?
3. What were the mobs referred to as which attempted to scare away the Okies after Mr. Hart's election?
(a) Danger Mobs.
(b) Shelley Mobs.
(c) Burn Brigades.
(d) Fire Mobs.
4. What did vandals do to harass the teachers of the Weedpatch School?
(a) Broke their windows.
(b) Slashed their tires.
(c) Released chickens.
(d) Sent death threats.
5. Who bought an airplane from a military surplus facility for the Weedpatch School?
(a) Mark Allen White.
(b) Jim McPherson.
(c) Pete Bancroft.
(d) Andrew McWilliams.
6. What did Doyle Powers make on his math test in order to get a special reward in Chapter Eight: Our School?
7. How old was Leo Hart when he got in the habit of stopping by Weedpatch Camp to play ball with the Okie kids and talk to them?
8. How many children were initially enrolled in the Weedpatch School?
9. What did Mr. Hart buy and donate to the school to help out?
(a) A cow.
(b) A truck.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A tractor.
10. Many parents, after seeing their children improve at the Weedpatch School decided to do what?
(a) Pay taxes.
(b) Enroll in college.
(c) Move to San Francisco.
(d) Stay in Weedpatch.
11. Leo Hart became a school counselor in what county following his education?
(a) Mendocino County.
(b) Kern County.
(c) Sacramento County.
(d) Humboldt County.
12. Who taught History and Math at the Weedpatch School?
(a) Andrew McWilliams.
(b) Jim McPherson.
(c) Jesse Anderson.
(d) Mark Allen White.
13. Who helped Leo Hart build the Weedpatch School, piece by piece?
(a) The students.
(b) The federal agents.
(c) The Army Reserve.
(d) The Peace Corps.
14. Walls at the Weedpatch School would collapse from what?
15. By May, 1941, the students at the Weedpatch School were separated into how many main groups?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Leo Hart enroll in college after his military service?
2. What kind of school was Mr. Hart permitted to build for the Okie children?
3. Mr. Hart determined that Okie children were essentially what?
4. The kids at the Weedpatch School were given what responsibility?
5. What office did Leo Hart decide to run for in Chapter Five: Mr. Hart?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)