Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter One: Mean Clouds
1. How does Jerry Stanley describe the Oklahoma Panhandle farmers of the 1930s?
2. What made things worse for the Okie farmers in 1931?
3. What did the Oklahoma Panhandle look like by 1936? What change took place at that time?
4. Where was the geographical region known as the Dust Bowl? What did the dust do to the farms?
5. How did the Okies of the Dust Bowl know when the storms were coming? What precautions had to be taken?
This section contains 948 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)