Short Answer Key
Chapter One: Mean Clouds
1. The farmers of the 1930s in the Oklahoma Panhandle were referred to as what kind of farmers?
2. What is the County Seat of Cimarron County?
3. What is the County Seat of Texas County and largest city in the Oklahoma Panhandle?
4. When there was enough rain, what crops did the Okies in the Panhandle grow?
Corn and wheat.
5. In what year does the author write it suddenly stopped raining in the Oklahoma Panhandle?
6. When had the Great Depression begun?
7. How many families a week were losing their farms to the banks in the Panhandle in 1932?
8. In 1936, the author writes that it had not rained more than a few drops in the Panhandle in how many years?
9. What city was the Dust Bowl centered near?
This section contains 2,813 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)