|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Dead Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tehachapi Mountains lead directly into what valley in California?
(a) Death Valley.
(b) San Joaquin Valley.
(c) Antelope Valley.
(d) Sacramento Valley.
2. What would people sleep with on their faces to protect themselves from the dust?
(a) Wet rags.
(c) Face masks.
(d) Pillow cases.
3. What was Route 66 referred to by the Okies?
(a) Mother Road.
(b) Devil Road.
(c) Coyote Road.
(d) Bear Road.
4. The starvation diets and unsanitary conditions of the Okie communities led to disease including tuberculosis, pneumonia and what?
5. The average migrant farmhand during the Dust Bowl period worked how many hours a day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition was caused by severe damage to the lungs by the inhalation of dust?
2. Today most of Route 66 is what?
3. How did Horace Ray Conley describe the sky during the dust storms?
4. What popular Jack Bryant song did the Okie families sing as they made their way west?
5. The trip from the Dust Bowl to California was nearly how many miles?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)