|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Dead Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many cruel farmers would pour what on surplus food or burn it rather than give it to the starving Okies?
2. What town did the Okies first cross through in California?
3. Today most of Route 66 is what?
(b) Under water.
4. In the flatlands of the Panhandle, people could see the dust storms coming from up to how far away?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
5. In what year did the Department of Agriculture began the construction of farm-labor camps for the Okies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did families often stop to pick cotton along their route west during the Dust Bowl?
2. The excess of farm workers arriving in California in the 1930s was good for the farmers because it did what?
3. What half of Kansas was a part of the Dust Bowl?
4. What is the highest peak of the Tehachapi Mountains?
5. It was said amongs the Okies that no one went hungry in California because what were everywhere there?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)