|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Dead Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Rosalene Long when her family left Stuart, Oklahoma?
2. What couple is described as having loaded up their family in Hollis, Oklahoma, in 1938 to head west?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Andersons.
(c) The Masters.
(d) The Rosses.
3. The average migrant farmhand during the Dust Bowl period worked how many hours a day?
4. What is the highest peak of the Tehachapi Mountains?
(a) Mount Lyell.
(b) Double Mountain.
(c) Mount Whitney.
(d) McKinley Mountain.
5. Where was the man from who claimed in Chapter Two: Mother Road, "All you could hear was 'Going to Californ-I-A!'"?
(a) Porum, OK.
(b) Camden, OK.
(c) Oklahoma City, OK.
(d) Prairieville, OK.
Short Answer Questions
1. Today most of Route 66 is what?
2. What division of the Department of Agriculture began the construction of farm-labor camps for the Okies?
3. What word to the Okies represented a magical place with better lives?
4. It was said that the farms in California were needing how many farm laborers during the period of the Dust Bowl?
5. What condition was caused by severe damage to the lungs by the inhalation of dust?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)