|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Mother Road.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was said that the farms in California were needing how many farm laborers during the period of the Dust Bowl?
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
2. What is the County Seat of Cimarron County?
(a) Boise City.
(d) Oklahoma City.
3. Where did the roads begin climbing into the Black Mountains as the Okies traveled west?
(a) Anderson, Arizona.
(b) Whitney, California.
(c) Kingman, Arizona.
(d) Santa Fe, New Mexico.
4. When there was enough rain, what crops did the Okies in the Panhandle grow?
(a) Cotton and tobacco.
(b) Wheat and rice.
(c) Tomatoes and corn.
(d) Corn and wheat.
5. What was the first Texas town recalled by the Okies on their trek west?
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular Jack Bryant song did the Okie families sing as they made their way west?
2. When had the Great Depression begun?
3. According to the ideas of the Okies, it was big news in California if someone died before the age of what?
4. How did Horace Ray Conley describe the sky during the dust storms?
5. What was the second northern Texas town passed by the Okies as they headed west?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)