|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Mother Road.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members were in Rosalene Long's family?
2. What was the first major town in New Mexico crossed by the Okies as they headed west?
(b) Santa Fe
3. What often raced before the dust storms, warning the Okies they were on their way?
(a) Coyotes and rabbits.
(b) Birds and horses.
(c) Rabbits and birds.
4. What was the first Texas town recalled by the Okies on their trek west?
5. Where did Rosalene Long's family get caught in a flood as they headed west?
(a) Gallup, New Mexico.
(b) Santa Fe, New Mexico.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. From 1930 through 1940, the number of dust bowl farmers declined by how many?
2. It was said amongs the Okies that no one went hungry in California because what were everywhere there?
3. What town did the Okies first cross through in California?
4. In what year did the winds of the Dust Bowl finally subside?
5. Today most of Route 66 is what?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)