|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: Our School.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Rosalene Long when her family left Stuart, Oklahoma?
2. Many parents, after seeing their children improve at the Weedpatch School decided to do what?
(a) Enroll in college.
(b) Stay in Weedpatch.
(c) Pay taxes.
(d) Move to San Francisco.
3. What were the federal buildings renovated into for the Weedpatch School?
4. How much did the airplane cost which was bought and donated to the Weedpatch School?
5. What was the first Texas town recalled by the Okies on their trek west?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Okie children refer to the dust storms they'd escaped from when telling about them in Chapter Five: Mr. Hart?
2. What word to the Okies represented a magical place with better lives?
3. Who headed the mob which burned down an Okie migrant camp near the Kern River in Chapter Five: Mr. Hart?
4. At the Weedpatch School, often kids would miss weeks of school because their parents had what?
5. Citizens armed with clubs and what attacked the Weedpatch Camp one night, trying to frighten the Okies away in Chapter Five: Mr. Hart?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)