|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: Our School.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The farmers of the 1930s in the Oklahoma Panhandle were referred to as what kind of farmers?
2. Frequently the wind in the Dust Bowl blew more than how many miles per hour?
3. In the flatlands of the Panhandle, people could see the dust storms coming from up to how far away?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
4. The manager of the Weedpatch Camp was good friends with what author?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
5. To survive the Dust Bowl, many farmers relied on a diet of what and biscuits?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the manager of the Weedpatch Camp?
2. What is the County Seat of Cimarron County?
3. The starvation diets and unsanitary conditions of the Okie communities led to disease including tuberculosis, pneumonia and what?
4. What was the official name of the Weedpatch Camp?
5. How long did the new building at the Weedpatch School take to build?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)