|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Dead Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there was enough rain, what crops did the Okies in the Panhandle grow?
(a) Cotton and tobacco.
(b) Wheat and rice.
(c) Corn and wheat.
(d) Tomatoes and corn.
2. What division of the Department of Agriculture began the construction of farm-labor camps for the Okies?
(a) The Farm Security Administration.
(b) The Farm Equity Association.
(c) Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
(d) Department of Farm Security.
3. How did Horace Ray Conley describe the sky during the dust storms?
4. The starvation diets and unsanitary conditions of the Okie communities led to disease including tuberculosis, pneumonia and what?
5. The great winds of the Dust Bowl began in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the roads begin climbing into the Black Mountains as the Okies traveled west?
2. Where was the man from who claimed in Chapter Two: Mother Road, "All you could hear was 'Going to Californ-I-A!'"?
3. What were the squatter communities of the Okies come to be known as?
4. The Okie squatter diet consisted largely of boiled cabbage and what?
5. What was the official name of the Weedpatch Camp?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)