|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nico pledge to Emilio?
(a) To take Emilio back to Earth as soon as possible.
(b) To die for him.
(c) To become Catholic because of Emilio's influence.
(d) To obey Emilio in all things.
2. What has happened to the Runa to make them excellent students?
(a) They are not well fed.
(b) They have always been excellent students.
(c) They have idolized Sofia.
(d) They have dropped their victim-like beliefs.
3. What does Emilio tell Sofia is the reason he left the priesthood?
(a) Because he had sex on Rukhat.
(b) Learning how to hate.
(c) He wanted to marry Gina.
(d) He does not believe in God.
4. For what is the plant yasapa used on Rakhat?
(a) Healing infection.
(b) Restoring snow blindness.
(c) Tea and brandy.
(d) It is cut up and used in salads.
5. What does Sofia accept about Supaari and Djalao?
(a) That both will always grieve for the old ways.
(b) They they will always hate each other.
(c) That they will never agree on the Runa's policy towards the Jana'ata.
(d) That they are lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emilio meet at Gina's grave?
2. What does Emilio believe about Ha'anala's baby?
3. What does Suukmel recall Ha'anala once saying?
4. What happens when Isaac uses real speech?
5. What does Emilio say about the first mission to Rakhat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bruno in 2047 on the way to Rakhat?
2. What does Rakhat look like when the men first step off the Bruno and what happens to Carlo immediately?
3. What does Hlavin do by his twelfth year of rule?
4. What does John believe about atheists, where did he learn this and what does he pray about Emilio and Rakhat?
5. What does Emilio do to avoid nightmares and what does he do when he sees himself dead?
6. How is Isaac doing by the time Sofia is taking him to the lander and what does she think about him on a ship?
7. What does Sean want to know from Emilio as they talk of God on the Bruno and what does Sean say Emilio must do about his misfortune?
8. What kind of solution does Danny come up with for the Jana'ata problem?
9. What kind of music does Bruno pick up in 2070-73, why does Emilio agree to listen to it and what does he say about it?
10. What does Laaks tell Emilio about Ha'anala and what is Emilio's response?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)