|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaac read on his computer everyday?
(a) Poetry of Hlavin.
(b) Poetry by Supaari.
(c) Music theory he downloads from the ship.
(d) Messages from Sofia.
2. What does Ha'anala want to do?
(a) Marry Rukuei.
(b) See Sofia before Sofia dies or leaves Rakhat.
(c) Return to her native home.
(d) Learn how to write music.
3. What does Emilio believe about Ha'anala's baby?
(a) It will not be raised by Sofia.
(b) Only the baby's life matters.
(c) It will not live without food.
(d) It will be killed if the Runa attack.
4. Why does Kanchay nearly kill Supaari?
(a) In retaliation for the brutality of his fellow Jana'ata.
(b) Supaari insults the Runa village chief.
(c) They have a friendly duel that turns ugly.
(d) Supaari makes eyes at Kanchay's sister.
5. What key word does Emilio isolate as he listens to chanted Mozart?
(c) He is unable to isolate any words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the Runa to make them excellent students?
2. What does Isaac insist on concerning his mother?
3. For what is the plant yasapa used on Rakhat?
4. What happens when Ha'anala begins labor?
5. What does Emilio say about the first mission to Rakhat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the priests wake Emilio and what are the results of what they know?
2. What do the humans do to keep the Gayjur government from finding them and what does Nico do instead?
3. What kind of solution does Danny come up with for the Jana'ata problem?
4. What does Sofia assume about Issac and what does she say to Emilio? How does she feel about her actions and the Jana'ata?
5. What does Suukmel tell Rukuei after the battle where Hlavin is killed?
6. What does Emilio do as Ha'anala dies and after she dies?
7. What kind of analogy does Sean see in relation to the Runa and the Jana'ata?
8. How does Sofia begin to teach Issac and what does she realize about him?
9. What kind of music does Bruno pick up in 2070-73, why does Emilio agree to listen to it and what does he say about it?
10. Describe the fight between Supaari and Hlavin.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)