|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to marry after a family vacation?
(a) Gina and Carlo.
(b) Gina and Emilio.
(c) No one.
(d) Emilio and Maria.
2. What does Sofia do with her observations on the Runa people?
(a) Write them in her laptop computer.
(b) Shows them to Supaari.
(c) Transmits them to the ship.
(d) Burns them when she is arrested.
3. Who returns all the rich gifts Hlavin sends?
4. What is the setting in the opening of Chapter 7?
(a) A cave on the dark side of Rakhat.
5. Why are the Jesuits killed on Rakhat?
(a) They meddled in local affairs.
(b) They eat poisonous plants.
(c) They try to convert the natives.
(d) They die of despair.
6. Of what does Giuliani speak to Sandoz?
(a) A new mission to Rakhat.
(d) Nothing; the two men do not speak to each other.
7. What does Hlavin claim?
(a) That he is the greatest poet on the planet.
(b) That Supaari kidnaps someone else's baby.
(c) That Supaari has murdered his entire family.
(d) That the Runa desire his family's death.
8. How long has the new crew been training when Candotti visits Sandoz?
(a) A few weeks.
(d) They have not yet started.
9. When is Emilio beaten on the trip to Rakhat?
(a) When he tries to sabotage the navigation.
(b) When he tries to strangle the pilot.
(c) When he refuses to eat.
(d) When he spits in Carlo's face.
10. Why does Emilio leave Gina's house before dawn?
(a) His confessor calls him early most mornings.
(b) Gina has to go to work and leaves before dawn.
(c) He has to sleep in his own bed because of his anxiety.
11. What does Emilio refuse to do for Danny?
(a) Teach him Rakhat.
(b) Heal his infected arm.
(c) Speak to him.
(d) Absolve him.
12. What does Sandoz ask of Cardotti?
(b) To kill Sandoz.
(d) Help in signing his resignation from the Order and the priesthood.
13. What does Celestina bring Emilio?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A guinea pig.
14. Who is Vincenzo Giuliani?
(a) An elderly priest who is blind and no longer works.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Pope's chatelaine.
(d) The Jesuit Father General.
15. Who is assigned as Emilio's linguistic assistant?
(c) No one has yet been assigned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Guiliani take Emilio in Chapter 1?
2. Who loses her life bringing the village warning?
3. Who does Supaari hope will name his child?
4. What does Emilio fear he has?
5. How does Hlavin shun protocol when at the embassy?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)