|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is all lost for Supaari?
(a) Killing his wife.
(b) Leaving the colony.
(c) A second mating.
(d) Arguing with Hlavin.
2. How many sentient species are there on Rakhat?
3. Who returns all the rich gifts Hlavin sends?
4. What helps Sofia accept her fate without emotion?
(a) Her faith in God.
(b) She is actually very emotional.
(c) Her certainty that she is right.
(d) Her upbringing as a child.
5. What does Emilio want to know from Gina about Sofia?
(a) How Gina knows about her drug problem.
(b) Why Gina has not told him that Gina and Sofia are half sisters.
(c) How Gina knows she is alive.
(d) Why Gina has not told him Gina and Sofia are cousins.
6. To where is Supaari fleeing?
(a) Off planet.
(d) He does not know.
7. Why does Emilio leave Gina's house before dawn?
(a) His confessor calls him early most mornings.
(b) Gina has to go to work and leaves before dawn.
(d) He has to sleep in his own bed because of his anxiety.
8. With whom is Gina in love?
(a) No one.
9. How long would it take for a ship to reach Rakhat?
(a) 27 years.
(b) 44 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 3 years.
10. Who believes that returning to Rakhat will be good for Sandoz?
(a) No one.
11. Where does Guiliani take Emilio in Chapter 1?
(a) To a hermitage to spend some quiet months.
(b) To Guiliani's nephew's confirmation.
(c) A family baptism.
(d) To receive a blessing from the pope.
12. What does the Pope believe of Sandoz?
(a) He is a saint.
(b) He should be allowed to leave the order.
(c) He can work miracles with his hands.
(d) He is an object of Providence.
13. How is Emilio old enough for a Jesuit pension?
(a) He is almost 70 by earth years.
(b) By not taking into account lightspeed.
(c) He wants a pension based upon years of service.
(d) Because he travels back in time on Rakhat.
14. Who is Vincenzo Giuliani?
(a) The Pope's chatelaine.
(b) An elderly priest who is blind and no longer works.
(c) The Jesuit Father General.
(d) The Pope.
15. Who is Kinsai?
(a) The person Supaair hires as a nursemaid.
(b) The chief of the Runa.
(c) Supaair's mother's husband.
(d) Sofia's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandoz ask of Cardotti?
2. At whom does Emilio throw a knife?
3. What do the Runa decide to do to Supaari?
4. What does Carlo do to Gina?
5. Who is John Candotti?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)