|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Selikat try to beat out of Hlavin?
(a) Saying he knows what he does not know.
(b) Asking when he is perfect.
(c) Asking for more knowledge.
(d) Asking why.
2. Who is Celestina?
(a) A four-year-old who befriends Sandoz at the baptism.
(b) Guiliani's youngest niece.
(c) A four-year-old who befriends Sandoz at the confirmation.
(d) The prelate's housekeeper.
3. What is Emilio Sandoz wishing for as he paces nightly?
(a) To die.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) To have a vision.
(d) To leave the order.
4. About what does Rosa speak her mind?
(a) Carlo's whoring.
(b) Celestina's schooling.
(c) The Pope's insanity.
(d) Leaving Emilio alone.
5. What does Supaari notice when a Runa midwife shows him his daughter?
(a) She has no deformity.
(b) He is not allowed to see his daughter.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is the wrong color to be his daughter.
6. Who is Vincenzo Giuliani?
(a) An elderly priest who is blind and no longer works.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Pope's chatelaine.
(d) The Jesuit Father General.
7. What does Sandoz refuse to do?
(a) Take on a parrish.
(b) Teach others the Rakhat social system.
(c) Return to Rakhat.
(d) Nothing; he is very cooperative.
8. What is the setting in the opening of Chapter 7?
(d) A cave on the dark side of Rakhat.
9. What does Emilio tell Gina is wrong for him?
(a) Sex with men.
(b) Sex with women.
10. What does Emilio insist upon doing with Gina right away?
(a) Trying to have a child.
(b) Marrying her.
(c) Legally adopting Celestina.
(d) Leaving for an undisclosed location.
11. How long has it been since Bruno has fled with a drugged Emilio when Chapter 18 opens?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two years.
12. Who is assigned as Emilio's linguistic assistant?
(c) No one has yet been assigned.
13. Who is Jholaa?
(a) Hlavin's wife.
(b) Hlavin's daughter.
(c) Hlavin's sister.
(d) Hlavin's protector.
14. Who are the Runa?
(a) The aliens who have overrun Rakhat.
(b) The extinct species on Rakhat.
(c) The only sentient being on Rakhat.
(d) The placid residents of Rakhat.
15. What does Emilio name his new pet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Candotti?
2. Who are the Jana'ata?
3. What does Gina abide by concerning Emilio?
4. Who returns all the rich gifts Hlavin sends?
5. How does John Candotti describe the members of the new crew that will travel to Rakhat?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)