Prelude and Chapters 1-4
1. What is Emilio Sandoz wishing for as he paces nightly?
(a) To leave the order.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) To die.
(d) To have a vision.
2. What does Edward Behr tell Sandoz?
(a) He would probably be happier out of the order.
(b) He says he does not know how to comfort Sandoz.
(c) Healing takes time.
(d) He will probably never heal.
3. What does Behr advise Vincenzo Giuliani?
(a) to send Sandoz to a peaceful assignement where he does not have to do much.
(b) To allow Sandoz to forsake his vows without ex-communication.
(c) Behr wouldn't dream of advising Giuliani.
(d) To go slowly with Sandoz.
4. Who is Vincenzo Giuliani?
(a) The Jesuit Father General.
(b) An elderly priest who is blind and no longer works.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Pope's chatelaine.
5. Where does Guiliani take Emilio in Chapter 1?
(a) To Guiliani's nephew's confirmation.
(b) A family baptism.
(c) To receive a blessing from the pope.
(d) To a hermitage to spend some quiet months.
This section contains 4,603 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)