|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ghanima blame and want retribution for Leto's death?
2. What day does The Preacher return to Alia's Temple?
3. What does Leto tell Paul that brings him to tears?
4. Where is Leto heading after the attack?
5. Who stated: "Now I do what all life must do in the service of life"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ghanima hate Farad'n so much? Are her feelings warranted? Why or why not?
2. How could Ghanima be used to unite the warring Corrino and Atreides Houses? Who would like to see the Houses united?
3. What transpires between Idaho and Alia when he returns to her?
4. What does Leto allow to cover him in the sand? Why?
5. Jessica and Idaho have a conversation regarding the current circumstances with Farad'n, Arakis, Alia, and Ghanima. They know that their conversation is being overheard. Does this change the things they choose to say to each other? Jessica believes this could be the reason for some of the things Idaho says. He has been aligned with at least two different characters, so who does he truly serve? Is he saying things for Farad'n's benefit, or does he mean the things he says about Jessica and House Atreides?
6. Farad'n learns of everything Princess Wensicia has done on his behalf. How does he react to the political game? How does he feel about his growing place in history?
7. What bad news does Alia receive in her temple while it is still thought that Leto is dead and she holds Ghanima captive?
8. Why does Leto tell Muriz he is the son of Muad'Dib? Why does he force him to become wadqiuyas (blood brothers)?
9. How does Leto convince The Preacher of who he is?
10. In this section, Idaho delivers Lady Jessica to Farad'n. Why? Who is behind the plan? What does Farad'n suspect is happening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leto both hates and thanks his mother for kidnapping him and forcing him to take spice. Why? What happens to him during one of his trances that causes his outlook to change? What does he do as a result of the last trance he has?
Essay Topic 2
We discover that Leto and Ghanima, after dangerously inviting their parent persona-memories in, have not only gained valuable information, but have also learned to live in harmony with those inner lives. Why are they able to do this, but Alia is not? Why is Leto able to communicate with his grandfather and father easier than Ghanima? Describe the differences between the three in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Paul and Leto struggle over whether or not to allow Paul to die. They also struggle over how he should die. Why? What purpose does each man have? What is each man attempting to avoid?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)