|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Farad'n ceased to be by becoming Bene Gesserit?
2. Who does Ghanima blame and want retribution for Leto's death?
3. Who reveals to Irulan that The Preacher may be Paul Atreides?
4. What is Lady Jessica frequently referred to as?
5. Who reports that Jessica is training Farad'n to Alia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Bene Gesserit training done to Farad'n? When does Jessica declare it time for his graduation?
2. Describe the first lesson that Lady Jessica teaches Farad'n.
3. How does Leto convince The Preacher of who he is?
4. How is it that Sabiha and Leto have both come to be at Shuloch again?
5. Jessica and Idaho have a conversation regarding the current circumstances with Farad'n, Arakis, Alia, and Ghanima. They know that their conversation is being overheard. Does this change the things they choose to say to each other? Jessica believes this could be the reason for some of the things Idaho says. He has been aligned with at least two different characters, so who does he truly serve? Is he saying things for Farad'n's benefit, or does he mean the things he says about Jessica and House Atreides?
6. How could Ghanima be used to unite the warring Corrino and Atreides Houses? Who would like to see the Houses united?
7. How does Leto leave Jacurutu? Where does he go and why?
8. In order for the twins' plan to work, Ghanima must convince herself that Leto is dead. How does she do this? What does she believe happened to Leto? What really happens?
9. Why does Ghanima hate Farad'n so much? Are her feelings warranted? Why or why not?
10. Farad'n learns of everything Princess Wensicia has done on his behalf. How does he react to the political game? How does he feel about his growing place in history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jessica agree to teach Farad'n the ways of the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood? Does she have ulterior motives? Does she believe that Farad'n has earned this education? Does she believe he will use the powers for good? Why or Why not? Why does Farad'n want to learn the ways of the Bene Gesserit? How does this education serve both of their interests?
Essay Topic 2
What does Leto see when he is injected with the blue spice solution? Describe in detail what he sees in his past, present, and future. Why has Leto been avoiding this kind of open mindedness? What are the dangers?
Essay Topic 3
Frank Herbert tells the reader about "Abomination". What does abomination mean in the story? How does it come about? Who is the abomination? Is there anyone else at risk of becoming an abomination?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)