|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farad'n go to the library to do?
2. Where is House Corrino located?
3. Which view of light (Eos) does Leto say he prefers?
4. What does Tyeknik call Princess Wensicia?
5. How does Namri refer to Alia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Ayil (the holy day commemorating a deified Muad'Dib dying) when The Preacher returns to Alia's temple?
2. Jessica and Idaho have a conversation regarding the current circumstances with Farad'n, Arakis, Alia, and Ghanima. They know that their conversation is being overheard. Does this change the things they choose to say to each other? Jessica believes this could be the reason for some of the things Idaho says. He has been aligned with at least two different characters, so who does he truly serve? Is he saying things for Farad'n's benefit, or does he mean the things he says about Jessica and House Atreides?
3. How is it that Sabiha and Leto have both come to be at Shuloch again?
4. How does Leto leave Jacurutu? Where does he go and why?
5. What happens as Leto realizes the mistake he has made in the spice trances? What is the mistake? What does he do?
6. What happens to Leto as he approaches Jacarutu? Why does it happen? How does this differ from his vision?
7. The decision for Ghanima and Leto to follow Leto's vision was a difficult one. After they have been separated, we find out that Leto did not tell Ghanima the whole of his vision. What did he not tell her? What does Leto need to do?
8. In order for the twins' plan to work, Ghanima must convince herself that Leto is dead. How does she do this? What does she believe happened to Leto? What really happens?
9. What does Leto accomplish by summoning both Gurney Halleck and Namri and speaking to them about his visions? Who does he vow to cooperate with?
10. What does Leto allow to cover him in the sand? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Golden Path? Who creates it, and who is meant to follow it? Describe it and it's purpose in detail. Ultimately, what is the result of the Golden Path. Is it what the characters intended it to be?
Essay Topic 2
What do Leto and The Preacher discuss in the desert? What role will each of the men play in the Golden Path?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events that take place at the end of the book and how the story concludes for each character. Are the characters where they anticipated being? Why or why not? Discuss each character's place at the end of the story in detail.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)