|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age-old hypnotic process does Ghanima use to convince herself Leto is dead?
(a) Spice trance.
(b) Litany against Fear.
(c) Deep meditation.
(d) Deep compulsion.
2. Where does Leto arrive with Muriz?
3. What does Leto find and allow to cover him in the sand?
(d) None of these.
4. What is Lady Jessica frequently referred to as?
(b) The teacher.
(c) The witch.
(d) The sister.
5. What is Leto trapped by as he approaches Jacurutu?
(d) Worm traps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica offer Farad'n?
2. Who does Leto envision sharing his future with?
3. What day does The Preacher return to Alia's Temple?
4. Who does Leto find in the desert while planning his next steps?
5. What training exercise does Leto practice when his inner voices turn against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leto convince The Preacher of who he is?
2. What plan does Alia propose to Ghanima while holding her captive? What is Ghanima's response? How does Irulan respond to their plan?
3. How does Leto leave Jacurutu? Where does he go and why?
4. What does Leto accomplish by summoning both Gurney Halleck and Namri and speaking to them about his visions? Who does he vow to cooperate with?
5. Farad'n learns of everything Princess Wensicia has done on his behalf. How does he react to the political game? How does he feel about his growing place in history?
6. Why does Leto tell Muriz he is the son of Muad'Dib? Why does he force him to become wadqiuyas (blood brothers)?
7. Why won't Leto allow Paul to wander in the desert to die?
8. What bad news does Alia receive in her temple while it is still thought that Leto is dead and she holds Ghanima captive?
9. What happens as Leto realizes the mistake he has made in the spice trances? What is the mistake? What does he do?
10. In order for the twins' plan to work, Ghanima must convince herself that Leto is dead. How does she do this? What does she believe happened to Leto? What really happens?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)