|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farad'n go to the library to do?
(a) Study Atreides history.
(b) Study Corrino history.
(c) Study Arakis' ecology.
(d) Find his hidden plans.
2. Who is truly behind Leto's capture?
3. How will House Corrino defeat House Atreides?
(a) By introducing stress into their society.
(b) Through secret attacks and abductions.
(c) Through open war.
(d) By introducing traitors into their society.
4. Where does Leto head after escaping Jacurutu?
(a) North into the desert.
(b) South to Tabr.
(c) South to Tanzerouft.
(d) West to Alia's Temple.
5. What does Tyeknik call Princess Wensicia?
(b) Queen Mother.
(c) Mother Superior.
(d) Almighty Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Leto realize he's been making during his trances?
2. What does Halleck inject Leto with?
3. Who does battle during one of Leto's forced spice trips?
4. Who declares Leto cannot remain a "repository of dead lives"?
5. What does the rock cropping that is Jacurutu resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ghanima need for Irulan to understand if she is to help Ghanima?
2. What does Leto accomplish by summoning both Gurney Halleck and Namri and speaking to them about his visions? Who does he vow to cooperate with?
3. Who does Halleck discover is truly behind Leto's capture? What does he do as a result?
4. How is it that Sabiha and Leto have both come to be at Shuloch again?
5. How could Ghanima be used to unite the warring Corrino and Atreides Houses? Who would like to see the Houses united?
6. What happens on Ayil (the holy day commemorating a deified Muad'Dib dying) when The Preacher returns to Alia's temple?
7. What has Bene Gesserit training done to Farad'n? When does Jessica declare it time for his graduation?
8. Why does Ghanima hate Farad'n so much? Are her feelings warranted? Why or why not?
9. What happens to Leto as he approaches Jacarutu? Why does it happen? How does this differ from his vision?
10. The decision for Ghanima and Leto to follow Leto's vision was a difficult one. After they have been separated, we find out that Leto did not tell Ghanima the whole of his vision. What did he not tell her? What does Leto need to do?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)