|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The interpretation of dreams is central to what faith?
(a) Golden Light.
(d) The Golden Path.
2. Who comes to Alia's Temple while pilgrims are there seeking refreshment after noon?
(a) Ghanima and Leto.
(b) The Preacher and Tariq.
(c) Lady Jessica and Gurney Halleck.
(d) Lady Jessica and Irulan.
3. Who does The Preacher deliver four messages to during a benediction at her temple?
(a) All of these.
(c) Alia and Idaho.
4. What does Idaho admit to Jessica when he comes to visit her?
(a) He is there to help her escape.
(b) None of these.
(c) He is there to murder her.
(d) He is there to abduct her.
5. Who does Alia ask to abduct Lady Jessica?
(a) Duncan Idaho.
(d) The Preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the mortal blow to House Atreides be?
2. Who's dreams does The Preacher hear, but refuse to interpret?
3. What language do the twins use to communicate in secret?
4. Who does Alia align herself with from within her inner lives?
5. Who does The Preacher promise to deliver to Farad'n?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the future as a setting an important part of science fiction as a genre? Could this science fiction novel take place in the past? What aspects of the story would have to be the same in order for it to remain a science fiction novel?
2. Lady Jessica suspects Leto is Abonimation, and demands and explanation from him when he begins discussing the concept of time and the choice he has to make to live and die for his subjects or live for thousands of years. What is Leto's response to Jessica's demand for an explanation?
3. Why does Leto talk Ghanima into inviting their parents persona-memories in despite the danger? What does Leto discover?
4. What happens to Leto to make him believe the Golden Path is the only way to redeem humanity? What signs does he receive? Where do these signs come from?
5. Leto experiences visions and knows things about the past that he could not know. Why does he have these visions? Where or who do the visions come from?
6. What is the plot to assassinate the twins Ghanima and Leto? How is the plan supposed to work? What is the reason behind the plot?
7. What does Jessica see in Alia that makes her realize, without doubt, that she is Abomination? What does she need to do as a result of seeing this in Alia?
8. Describe the assassination attempt that plays out against Lady Jessica during her and Alia's audience with the people. Who attempts to assassinate her? How does Jessica avoid being killed?
9. What does Idaho deduce about the assassination plot Alia is so concerned about? Who is it really against? How does Idaho believe the attack will happen? What precautions does he suggest? Does Alia listen to him?
10. There is growing tension between the old Fremen way of life and the new progressive Fremen way of life. What are the differences between the two? How has Arakis, and thus the Fremen society changed? What brought about these changes?
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)