|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people come to Lady Jessica's arrival on Arakis?
(a) Only a handful.
(b) One million.
(c) Half a million.
2. Who's voice does Alia recognize in The Preacher?
(a) None of these.
(b) Leto Atreides.
(c) Baron Harkonnen.
(d) Paul Atreides.
3. What does Leto see in his vision that he describes to Stilgar?
(a) He leaves Arakis.
(b) He leads the Fremen to rebellion.
(c) None of these.
(d) He destroys spice production forever.
4. Alia sees Jessica as a greater threat than who?
(a) The Preacher.
(b) The Bene Gesserit.
(c) House Harkonnen.
(d) House Corrino.
5. Where does Leto say he will die?
(a) In the desert.
(b) The Circle.
(c) The Attendant.
(d) On the Golden Path.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alia align herself with from within her inner lives?
2. Who wants to guide Leto and Ghanima's education?
3. What trance does Alia practice to strengthen her against others?
4. Who does Farad'n propose keeping in his palace?
5. Who's mental abilities does Alia use to deduce who may be conspiring against her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Alia outlines the three reasons the Bene Gesserit give for large populations turning on their oppressors. What are they? Are these things occurring?
2. There is growing tension between the old Fremen way of life and the new progressive Fremen way of life. What are the differences between the two? How has Arakis, and thus the Fremen society changed? What brought about these changes?
3. What three paths has Leto seen for himself that he explains to Stilgar? What are the implications of these paths? Where does Leto believe he will die?
4. Alia finds it difficult, but she still asks her husband, Duncan Idaho, to abduct Jessica. How does he react? What does he say he will do?
5. Lady Jessica suspects Leto is Abonimation, and demands and explanation from him when he begins discussing the concept of time and the choice he has to make to live and die for his subjects or live for thousands of years. What is Leto's response to Jessica's demand for an explanation?
6. Why does Alia feel alone? What makes her believe that she has no where to turn but inward? Why does she turn inward?
7. What does The Preacher do to anger Farad'n when Farad'n invites The Preacher to his palace? What reasons does he give for not complying with Farad'n's requests? What does he offer as an alternative?
8. Why do Leto and Ghanima head toward The Attendant? What does Leto deduce is going to happen at The Attendant?
9. What is the agreement that Alia has with her uncle Baron Harkonnen? Why does she believe she needs his help? Does the Baron have ulterior motives?
10. Leto experiences visions and knows things about the past that he could not know. Why does he have these visions? Where or who do the visions come from?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)