|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alia sees Jessica as a greater threat than who?
(a) The Preacher.
(b) House Harkonnen.
(c) The Bene Gesserit.
(d) House Corrino.
2. Why do people use spice?
(a) It is used to treat medical conditions.
(b) It is used for cooking, but also as a drug.
(c) It is used for space flight and viewing inner lives.
(d) It is used to help purify the water found in the desert.
3. What does Jessica see in Alia that confirms she is Abomination?
(a) Alia speaks in the Baron's voice.
(b) None of these.
(c) Alia is tapping her fingers like Baron Harkonnen.
(d) She see's the Baron in Alia's eyes.
4. Who are the main characters?
(a) Muad'Dib and Lady Jessica.
(b) Ghanima and Leto.
(c) Irulan and Princess Wensicia.
(d) Alia and Gurney Halleck.
5. What cycle would have to be duplicated in order to produce spice on another planet?
(a) The melange-spice cycle.
(b) The sandworm breeding cycle.
(c) The sandtrout-sandworm cycle.
(d) The desert growth cycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does The Preacher promise to deliver to Farad'n?
2. Who encourages Alia by reassuring her of her plan to have Lady Jessica abducted?
3. What could be "accidentally" leaked about Lady Jessica that would finish her?
4. What would the mortal blow to House Atreides be?
5. Who does Farad'n propose keeping in his palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the CHOAM?
2. What does The Preacher do to anger Farad'n when Farad'n invites The Preacher to his palace? What reasons does he give for not complying with Farad'n's requests? What does he offer as an alternative?
3. It is decided in this section that Alia is indeed Abomination. Why is that decision made? What did Alia do that sealed her fate as Abomination?
4. Alia outlines the three reasons the Bene Gesserit give for large populations turning on their oppressors. What are they? Are these things occurring?
5. Why does Alia have to strengthen herself against "others"? What does she do in order to do that? Who are the "others"?
6. How does Leto tell Lady Jessica the Atreides' House will be undone? What factors play into their demise?
7. What four things does Alia feel are the traditional reaction to unrest? In which way is she going to react to the mass unrest threatening her Regency?
8. Why does Leto talk Ghanima into inviting their parents persona-memories in despite the danger? What does Leto discover?
9. Leto experiences visions and knows things about the past that he could not know. Why does he have these visions? Where or who do the visions come from?
10. What happens when Idaho goes to carry out Alia's plan to abduct Lady Jessica?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)