|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leto say is the reason for Alia not aging?
(a) Manipulation of time.
(b) Short-term chemical adjustment to spice.
(c) Bene Gesserit training.
(d) The fact that she is Abomination.
2. Who tests Lady Jessica for her loyalty before sending her to Arakis?
(a) House Corrino.
(c) The Bene Gesserit Sisterhood.
(d) House Atreides.
3. Who are the Bene Gesserit?
(a) A group of rebels.
(b) A group of students.
(c) A collection of priests.
(d) A religious sisterhood.
4. What does Jessica see in Alia that confirms she is Abomination?
(a) Alia is tapping her fingers like Baron Harkonnen.
(b) None of these.
(c) She see's the Baron in Alia's eyes.
(d) Alia speaks in the Baron's voice.
5. Who does The Preacher deliver four messages to during a benediction at her temple?
(a) All of these.
(d) Alia and Idaho.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Irulan?
2. What awaits Leto and Ghanima as they begin their journey toward the Golden Path?
3. How many people come to Lady Jessica's arrival on Arakis?
4. Who caused the desert to bloom?
5. Who are the main characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the assassination attempt that plays out against Lady Jessica during her and Alia's audience with the people. Who attempts to assassinate her? How does Jessica avoid being killed?
2. At the beginning of the story, it is believed that The Preacher could be posing as someone else. Who do the people believe The Preacher may be? Why do people believe he is someone else?
3. Alia outlines the three reasons the Bene Gesserit give for large populations turning on their oppressors. What are they? Are these things occurring?
4. Why does Alia have to strengthen herself against "others"? What does she do in order to do that? Who are the "others"?
5. Who is Muad'Dib? What is his importance in the beginning of the story?
6. Alia finds it difficult, but she still asks her husband, Duncan Idaho, to abduct Jessica. How does he react? What does he say he will do?
7. What does The Preacher do to anger Farad'n when Farad'n invites The Preacher to his palace? What reasons does he give for not complying with Farad'n's requests? What does he offer as an alternative?
8. Spice is an important theme through out the book. What is spice? How is it produced? What is it used for?
9. Lady Jessica suspects Leto is Abonimation, and demands and explanation from him when he begins discussing the concept of time and the choice he has to make to live and die for his subjects or live for thousands of years. What is Leto's response to Jessica's demand for an explanation?
10. In the beginning of the story, we find out Ghanima, Leto, and Alia all share a unique characteristic. What is it? How does it differ between them?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)