|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Farad'n to learn prana-binder?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 8 days.
2. What training exercise does Leto practice when his inner voices turn against him?
(a) Picturing himself from infancy through old age.
(b) Deep meditation.
(c) The Litany against Fear.
(d) Deep compulsion.
3. What does the rock cropping that is Jacurutu resemble?
(a) An immense castle.
(b) An infant worm.
(c) An immense worm.
(d) A throne.
4. What does Leto call his visions of the future?
(a) Threads of himself.
(b) Pieces of the future.
(c) Threads of the future.
(d) Visions of himself.
5. Which view of light (Eos) does Leto say he prefers?
(a) Lisanu L'haqq - the Light of Life.
(b) Maiki L'happ - the Light of Truth.
(c) Maiki L'happ - the Light of Life.
(d) Lisanu L'haqq - the Light of Truth.
6. Who reveals to Irulan that The Preacher may be Paul Atreides?
7. Why does Farad'n burst into Jessica's bedchamber?
(a) He is abandoning his training.
(b) None of these.
(c) To report his hands have changed.
(d) He tries to seduce her.
8. How will House Corrino defeat House Atreides?
(a) Through secret attacks and abductions.
(b) Through open war.
(c) By introducing traitors into their society.
(d) By introducing stress into their society.
9. What does Idaho do in order to be freed?
(a) He uses his mental abilities to free himself from his chains.
(b) He flexes his right arm, breaking it.
(c) He uses his mental abilities to disarm the guards.
(d) He flexes his right wrist and severs an artery.
10. Who guards Leto at Jacurutu?
11. What does Farad'n go to the library to do?
(a) Study Corrino history.
(b) Study Arakis' ecology.
(c) Find his hidden plans.
(d) Study Atreides history.
12. According to Paul, what has contaminated him?
(b) All of these.
(d) Spice essence.
13. What day does The Preacher return to Alia's Temple?
(d) None of these.
14. What is used to enrage the sandworms into attacking?
(a) Spice fumes.
(b) A worm thumper.
(c) Ozone from a pseudosheild.
15. What does Leto recall as he waits for night outside Jacurutu?
(a) Muad'Dib's mystic journey into the desert.
(b) His father's epic battle with Baron Harkonnen.
(c) Chaucer's route from London to Canterbury.
(d) Lewis and Clark's adventure West.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leto tell the inner lives when they fall into silent, orderly ranks?
2. What does the "skin symbiote" allow Leto to do?
3. Where is House Corrino located?
4. How does Leto know the lifeless rock (Jacurutu) could sustain life?
5. What will Ghanima do if she is betrothed to Farad'n?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)