|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Duncan Idaho reveal he is really working for when he takes Lady Jessica?
(c) The Preacher.
2. What does Leto see in his vision that he describes to Stilgar?
(a) He destroys spice production forever.
(b) He leaves Arakis.
(c) None of these.
(d) He leads the Fremen to rebellion.
3. What trance does Alia practice to strengthen her against others?
(c) The dark trance.
(d) A spice induced trance.
4. Who's voice does Alia recognize in The Preacher?
(a) Paul Atreides.
(b) Leto Atreides.
(c) Baron Harkonnen.
(d) None of these.
5. Who's mental abilities does Alia use to deduce who may be conspiring against her?
(a) Lady Jessica.
(c) Duncan Idaho.
(d) Gurney Halleck.
6. What color is The Preacher's robe that smells of spice?
7. Who is able to view memories of the inner lives?
(a) The Bene Gesserit.
(b) The Preacher.
(c) The Fremen.
8. Who is Leto empathetic to that worries Ghanima?
(a) The Preacher.
(c) Lady Jessica.
9. What does Jessica have with her during her conversation with Leto that she can use to harm him?
(a) A guard.
(c) A knife.
(d) The gom jabbar.
10. What is the Cast Out?
(a) This is what happens to outsiders from other worlds.
(b) Punishment for abusing spice.
(c) Punishment for crimes against Fremen.
(d) A Fremen test of manhood.
11. Alia sees Jessica as a greater threat than who?
(a) The Preacher.
(b) The Bene Gesserit.
(c) House Harkonnen.
(d) House Corrino.
12. What soothing instrument does Leto play?
13. What does Leto decide it is better for him not to be?
(b) A priest.
14. What does Leto say is the reason for Alia not aging?
(a) The fact that she is Abomination.
(b) Manipulation of time.
(c) Bene Gesserit training.
(d) Short-term chemical adjustment to spice.
15. Who refuses to look into the future, realizing the "trap of prescience"?
(d) Lady Jessica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Alia's Temple while pilgrims are there seeking refreshment after noon?
2. Who states: "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live" ?
3. What is Leto's grandfather's name?
4. What does Alia send her spies searching for?
5. Who is plotting to have Ghanima and Leto killed?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)