|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers the primary point of view in Chapter 14?
(a) Jan Rodricks.
(c) Professor Sullivan.
(d) Rupert Boyce.
2. Which invader does George Greggson meet with?
3. What is causing grief to people all over the world?
(a) The loss of their freedom.
(b) The loss of their children.
(c) The loss of their planet.
(d) The loss of their minds.
4. What comes as a warning prior to the tsunami?
(a) A siren.
(b) Police going door-to-door.
(c) A telepathic warning from the invaders.
(d) A television broadcast.
5. Why is Karellen sad for his race?
(a) It will never reach the potential of the new race on Earth.
(b) It is trapped by the Overmind.
(c) It is forced to perform the same tasks on some other planet as it did Earth.
(d) It is becoming extinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charles Yan Sen?
2. What do the children do three years later when their minds are more closely connected?
3. What does Rashaverak tell George Greggson and Jean Morrel about their children?
4. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
5. What happens to the Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do George Greggson and Jean Morrel move to New Athens? Describe their adjustment to their new home.
2. What are George Greggson's thoughts on Jan Rodricks after he learns that Rodricks has stowed away on an Overlord ship? How does Greggson identify with Rodricks?
3. What is significant about the results of the tsunami on George Greggson's family?
4. What does Jan Rodricks observe after the Overlords depart and leave him as the last person on Earth, and what does he wonder about the Overlords and his role at the end?
5. What is ironic about Jan Rodricks' return to Earth?
6. What does Karellen tell Professor Sullivan about the whale display upon seeing it for the first time, and what is the significance of what he says ?
7. Describe Jan Rodricks' activities during his stay on Carina. How does he feel about his visit?
8. During the press conference at which Karellen says that Jan Rodricks has stowed away on the Overlords' spaceship, what part of Karellen's nature does he reveal?
9. What does Karellen reveal during his weekly press conference in Chapter 14, and how does he justify the Overlords' actions based on their revelation during the conference?
10. How does Jan Rodricks respond when approaching Earth on his return, and why?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)