|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Karellen, what will humans develop?
(b) Telepathic abilities.
(c) The ability to travel at warp speed.
(d) A form of energy the higher power can feed from.
2. What do the children do three years later when their minds are more closely connected?
(a) Plan to overthrow the invaders.
(b) Destroy all plant and animal life.
(c) Develop the ability to levitate and fly.
(d) Destroy the remaining humans.
3. What does Karellen decide to do as the end of civilization approaches?
(a) Transport people from the Earth to a safe place.
(b) Enslave the world.
(c) Destroy the world.
(d) Address the world.
4. What is causing grief to people all over the world?
(a) The loss of their children.
(b) The loss of their freedom.
(c) The loss of their planet.
(d) The loss of their minds.
5. What do the aliens do with the children in Chapter 21?
(a) Vaccinate them.
(b) Evacuate them.
(c) Put them in suspended animation.
(d) Unite them with their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
2. What does Vindarten do with Jan Rodricks?
3. What is the name of George Greggson's daughter?
4. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
5. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jan Rodricks' activities during his stay on Carina. How does he feel about his visit?
2. Explain the nature of Jeffrey Greggson's dreams as revealed in Chapter 18 and how the Overlords evaluate what is happening to him.
3. During the press conference at which Karellen says that Jan Rodricks has stowed away on the Overlords' spaceship, what part of Karellen's nature does he reveal?
4. Why do the Overlords watch George Greggson's children?
5. Why is Karellen sad at the end of the novel?
6. What events are foreshadowed when the Inspector shares his report with Karellen after meeting with the New Athens council?
7. How does Karellen explain to Jan Rodricks mankind's ancient fear of the satanic appearance of the Overlords?
8. Why do George Greggson and Jean Morrel move to New Athens? Describe their adjustment to their new home.
9. What is significant about the results of the tsunami on George Greggson's family?
10. What is ironic about Jan Rodricks' return to Earth?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)