|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the aliens do with the children in Chapter 21?
(a) Put them in suspended animation.
(b) Unite them with their parents.
(c) Vaccinate them.
(d) Evacuate them.
2. What do the children do three years later when their minds are more closely connected?
(a) Develop the ability to levitate and fly.
(b) Destroy the remaining humans.
(c) Destroy all plant and animal life.
(d) Plan to overthrow the invaders.
3. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son's dog?
4. What does Vindarten do with Jan Rodricks?
(a) Tours the planet with him.
(b) Explains the invaders' true purpose for visiting Earth.
(c) Plants his own thoughts in Jan Rodricks' mind.
(d) Shows Jan Rodricks the future.
5. What does Thanthalteresco call George Greggson's oldest son?
(a) Subject Zero.
(b) Subject Hero.
(c) Subject Infinity.
(d) Subject One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
2. The greatest achievement of the people in the island community comes in what field?
3. What is the effect of the drug Jan Rodricks injects himself with?
4. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
5. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Karellen reveal during his weekly press conference in Chapter 14, and how does he justify the Overlords' actions based on their revelation during the conference?
2. During the press conference at which Karellen says that Jan Rodricks has stowed away on the Overlords' spaceship, what part of Karellen's nature does he reveal?
3. What does Karellen tell Professor Sullivan about the whale display upon seeing it for the first time, and what is the significance of what he says ?
4. What does Jan Rodricks observe after the Overlords depart and leave him as the last person on Earth, and what does he wonder about the Overlords and his role at the end?
5. Why is Karellen sad at the end of the novel?
6. What is significant about the results of the tsunami on George Greggson's family?
7. Why do the Overlords watch George Greggson's children?
8. What is ironic about Jan Rodricks' return to Earth?
9. Explain the nature of Jeffrey Greggson's dreams as revealed in Chapter 18 and how the Overlords evaluate what is happening to him.
10. What happens at the council meeting between the leaders of New Athens and the Overlord "Inspector," Thanthalteresco? How does Thanthalteresco respond to Dr. Sen's comments?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)