|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new race do with the moon?
(a) Colonize it.
(b) Make it spin.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Fling it toward the sun.
2. What does Vindarten do with Jan Rodricks?
(a) Explains the invaders' true purpose for visiting Earth.
(b) Plants his own thoughts in Jan Rodricks' mind.
(c) Tours the planet with him.
(d) Shows Jan Rodricks the future.
3. Why do the invaders plan to return Jan Rodricks to Earth?
(a) Because he is too hostile to the invaders.
(b) Because conditions on the alien planet would be too uncomfortable for him.
(c) Because they want him to act as ambassador.
(d) Because he is discovered to have a disease the invaders cannot treat.
4. What does George Greggson's eldest son tell him about Thanthalteresco?
(a) He believes Thanthalteresco is dying.
(b) He believes Thanthalteresco saved him from the tsunami.
(c) He believes Thanthalteresco can read his mind.
(d) He believes Thanthalteresco wants to kidnap him.
5. What is the name of the invaders' home planet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers the primary point of view in Chapter 14?
2. What bothers George Greggson about Jan Rodricks?
3. Why is Professor Sullivan sad in Chapter 13?
4. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
5. What comes as a warning prior to the tsunami?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are people worldwide grieving after George Greggson and Jean Morrel's children begin to change?
2. What does Karellen reveal during his weekly press conference in Chapter 14, and how does he justify the Overlords' actions based on their revelation during the conference?
3. What does Jan Rodricks observe after the Overlords depart and leave him as the last person on Earth, and what does he wonder about the Overlords and his role at the end?
4. During the press conference at which Karellen says that Jan Rodricks has stowed away on the Overlords' spaceship, what part of Karellen's nature does he reveal?
5. How does Jan Rodricks respond when approaching Earth on his return, and why?
6. Explain George Greggson's observations and feelings at the beginning of Chapter 21.
7. Explain the nature of Jeffrey Greggson's dreams as revealed in Chapter 18 and how the Overlords evaluate what is happening to him.
8. Describe Jan Rodricks' activities during his stay on Carina. How does he feel about his visit?
9. How does Karellen explain to Jan Rodricks mankind's ancient fear of the satanic appearance of the Overlords?
10. What is significant about the results of the tsunami on George Greggson's family?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)