|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the remaining people on New Athens do after the aliens take action with their children?
(a) Dissolve into mass warfare.
(b) Band together to defeat the aliens.
(c) Decide how to live the rest of their lives.
(d) Plot how to rescue their children.
2. What happens to the Earth?
(a) It is reborn.
(b) It disintegrates.
(c) It burns.
(d) It is covered totally by water.
3. What does Jan Rodricks observe that he also saw on the aliens' home planet?
(a) A museum.
(b) A giant web of light and color covering the atmosphere.
(c) Aliens flying.
(d) A glowing mountain.
4. What are the children involved in that lasts almost a year?
(a) The rebuilding of society in the invaders' image.
(b) Discovering the invaders' plans for them.
(c) Some sort of ritual dance.
5. What does Karellen decide to do as the end of civilization approaches?
(a) Address the world.
(b) Enslave the world.
(c) Transport people from the Earth to a safe place.
(d) Destroy the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Greggson's eldest son tell him about Thanthalteresco?
2. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
3. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
4. What is the Overmind?
5. How does Karellen reveal that Jan Rodricks was a stowaway on the alien ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the council meeting between the leaders of New Athens and the Overlord "Inspector," Thanthalteresco? How does Thanthalteresco respond to Dr. Sen's comments?
2. What events are foreshadowed when the Inspector shares his report with Karellen after meeting with the New Athens council?
3. Describe Jan Rodricks' activities during his stay on Carina. How does he feel about his visit?
4. What does Jan Rodricks observe after the Overlords depart and leave him as the last person on Earth, and what does he wonder about the Overlords and his role at the end?
5. During the press conference at which Karellen says that Jan Rodricks has stowed away on the Overlords' spaceship, what part of Karellen's nature does he reveal?
6. What is significant about the results of the tsunami on George Greggson's family?
7. What are George Greggson's thoughts on Jan Rodricks after he learns that Rodricks has stowed away on an Overlord ship? How does Greggson identify with Rodricks?
8. According to Karellen, why did the Overlords build Utopia, and what is his desire for mankind?
9. How does Jan Rodricks respond when approaching Earth on his return, and why?
10. How does Karellen explain to Jan Rodricks mankind's ancient fear of the satanic appearance of the Overlords?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)