|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the children involved in that lasts almost a year?
(a) Some sort of ritual dance.
(b) Discovering the invaders' plans for them.
(c) The rebuilding of society in the invaders' image.
2. What does Jan Rodricks see has happened to the children of Earth?
(a) They have taken on the appearance of the invaders.
(b) They have all been located together on one continent.
(c) They have been scattered to all the continents of Earth.
(d) They all look identical.
3. What is the name of George Greggson's daughter?
(a) Jennifer Anne.
(b) Elizabeth Anne.
(c) Carol Anne.
(d) Pepper Anne.
4. Why is Professor Sullivan sad in Chapter 13?
(a) He knows he will never see Jan Rodricks again.
(b) He believes that he should be stowing away on the alien ship.
(c) He realizes he will not be able to do any more research on the aliens.
(d) He believes that Jan Rodricks should stay on Earth.
5. What alarms Jan Rodricks when he returns to Earth?
(a) Human bodies.
(b) The Earth is totally covered with water.
(c) The Earth is dark with no man-made lights.
(d) The Earth is devoid of all vegetation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the invaders need to watch George Greggson's and Jean Morrel's children?
2. What does watching what the invaders do with the children remind George Greggson of?
3. What do the children do three years later when their minds are more closely connected?
4. Which invader does George Greggson meet with?
5. What is causing grief to people all over the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jan Rodricks' activities during his stay on Carina. How does he feel about his visit?
2. During the press conference at which Karellen says that Jan Rodricks has stowed away on the Overlords' spaceship, what part of Karellen's nature does he reveal?
3. What does Karellen tell Professor Sullivan about the whale display upon seeing it for the first time, and what is the significance of what he says ?
4. Why are George Greggson and Jean Morrel spending more time with their children in Chapter 19?
5. Explain the nature of Jeffrey Greggson's dreams as revealed in Chapter 18 and how the Overlords evaluate what is happening to him.
6. What are George Greggson's thoughts on Jan Rodricks after he learns that Rodricks has stowed away on an Overlord ship? How does Greggson identify with Rodricks?
7. What is ironic about Jan Rodricks' return to Earth?
8. What does Jan Rodricks observe after the Overlords depart and leave him as the last person on Earth, and what does he wonder about the Overlords and his role at the end?
9. Why do the Overlords watch George Greggson's children?
10. What is significant about the results of the tsunami on George Greggson's family?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)