|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karellen give Rikki Stormgren after Stormgren's meeting with Pierre Duval?
(a) A written history of the aliens' work on Earth.
(b) A timeline displaying the invaders' plans for the next 100 years.
(c) A draft of the new World State's constitution.
(d) A copy of the original Declaration of Independence.
2. What does Karellen look like?
(b) A 9-foot tall human.
(c) The Egyptian god Ra.
(d) An octopus.
3. What are the invaders known as?
4. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) Jonah and the Whale.
(c) David and Goliath.
(d) The Good Samaritan.
5. What does Karellen believe can achieve political harmony?
(a) The elimination of illiteracy.
(b) The elimination of religion.
(c) The tactful use of power.
(d) The forceful use of power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rupert Boyce's new wife?
2. What will happen on Earth while Jan Rodricks travels to the alien planet?
3. Why do the invaders want to keep tabs on Jan Rodricks?
4. What is true about Earth in the 21st century?
5. Where does Rupert Boyce live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rikki Stormgren, and what is his role?
2. What is so shocking about the Overlords' appearance as revealed in Chapter 5?
3. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
4. Who is Pieter Van Ryberg, and what does he do after Rikki Stormgren's disappearance?
5. Who is Karellen, and what does he state is his intention for occupying Earth?
6. Why are newspapers virtually obsolete in 2050?
7. How are George Greggson and Jean Morrel introduced in Chapter 7?
8. What is the role of the American scientist Reinhold Hoffmann?
9. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
10. What do Jan Rodricks and Rupert Boyce discuss while examining a stuffed elephant at Boyce's home, and why is Rodricks hesitant about telling Boyce the location of the Overlords' planet?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)