|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rupert Boyce live?
(a) In the middle of the African jungle.
(b) In southeast Asia.
(c) In New York City.
(d) In the middle of the Amazon jungle.
2. What do the journalists and spectators present on the day the aliens reveal themselves want to experience?
(a) A first glimpse of the aliens.
(b) A photo op with the aliens.
(c) A tour of the spaceship.
(d) A direct word from Karellen.
3. Why is Jan Rodricks generally unsatisfied?
(a) He doesn't like the scientific boundaries placed on humans by the invaders.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He has romantic ideas about love.
(d) He had his heart broken by Rosita Tsien.
4. How is the leader of the extremist group described?
(a) A balding man with brown eyes and a Chinese accent.
(b) An elderly man who walks with a cane and has a Russian accent.
(c) An elderly man with gray eyes and a Welsh accent.
(d) A younger man with blue eyes and a Polish accent.
5. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) There was only one spaceship.
(b) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
(c) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(d) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Karellen give Pieter Van Ryberg after Van Ryberg shares information about Rikki Stormgren's abduction?
2. Who is Pierre Duval?
3. What is the first thing the spectators experience after a spaceship lands?
4. How does the leader of the invaders make first contact with the people of Earth?
5. What causes the disillusion of many religious beliefs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the council meeting between the leaders of New Athens and the Overlord "Inspector," Thanthalteresco? How does Thanthalteresco respond to Dr. Sen's comments?
2. What group kidnaps Rikki Stormgren, and for what reason?
3. What happens during Rikki Stormgren's meeting with Karellen in Chapter 4?
4. How do the Overlords intimidate humans with a ruse?
5. Why are people worldwide grieving after George Greggson and Jean Morrel's children begin to change?
6. How does Jan Rodricks respond when approaching Earth on his return, and why?
7. What does Reinhold Hoffmann see in the night sky over the island of Taratura, and what does it imply?
8. Why do George Greggson and Jean Morrel move to New Athens? Describe their adjustment to their new home.
9. What game does Rupert Boyce play with his remaining guests, and why?
10. How are George Greggson and Jean Morrel introduced in Chapter 7?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)