|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Rikki Stormgren doesn't show up for work?
(a) Pieter Pieter Van Ryberg becomes acting Secretary-General of the U.N.
(b) The invaders say they have taken Rikki Stormgren into custody.
(c) Pieter Van Ryberg is given a private meeting with the head of the invaders.
(d) Pieter Van Ryberg learns that Rikki Stormgren has defected to Russia.
2. What is Alexander Wainwright's chief issue with the occupation by the alien invaders?
(a) They are playing God.
(b) They are contributing to global warming.
(c) They are draining Earth's resources.
(d) They are frightening children.
3. What will happen on Earth while Jan Rodricks travels to the alien planet?
(a) Time will stand still.
(b) Eighty years will have passed.
(c) Time will move backward.
(d) Eighty minutes will have passed.
4. How does sunlight affect the aliens?
(a) They die if exposed to direct sunlight for too long.
(b) They have to wear sunglasses.
(c) They have to wear a special-formula sunscreen.
(d) They have to wear protective clothing.
5. What are the invaders known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
2. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
3. What does Professor Sullivan agree to help Jan Rodricks do?
4. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
5. In what year does Chapter 2 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jan Rodricks and Rupert Boyce discuss while examining a stuffed elephant at Boyce's home, and why is Rodricks hesitant about telling Boyce the location of the Overlords' planet?
2. Why are newspapers virtually obsolete in 2050?
3. What is the difference between the Eastern media and Western media concerning the Overlords' rule?
4. What does Alexander Wainwright believe the Overlords are waiting for before revealing themselves?
5. Who is Pierre Duval, and what is his significance in the story?
6. Who is Karellen, and what does he state is his intention for occupying Earth?
7. What is so shocking about the Overlords' appearance as revealed in Chapter 5?
8. How do the Overlords intimidate humans with a ruse?
9. What game does Rupert Boyce play with his remaining guests, and why?
10. Who is Alexander Wainwright, and what is his role?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)