|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jan Rodricks' mother do?
(a) She is a guidance counselor.
(b) She is an astronomer.
(c) She is a college professor.
(d) She is a high school teacher.
2. How is the leader of the extremist group described?
(a) An elderly man with gray eyes and a Welsh accent.
(b) A balding man with brown eyes and a Chinese accent.
(c) A younger man with blue eyes and a Polish accent.
(d) An elderly man who walks with a cane and has a Russian accent.
3. What is Alexander Wainwright's chief issue with the occupation by the alien invaders?
(a) They are playing God.
(b) They are frightening children.
(c) They are contributing to global warming.
(d) They are draining Earth's resources.
4. What does Karelllen do for Rikki Stormgren during their last meeting?
(a) Karellen introduces Stormgren to several other invaders.
(b) Karellen reveals himself to Stormgren.
(c) Karellen kidnaps Stormgren.
(d) Karellen lays out his future plans.
5. What is Pieter Van Ryberg's theory?
(a) The invaders came to Earth to collect animals and humans for a galactic zoo.
(b) The invaders want to take humans as mates.
(c) The invaders have secretly been on Earth for centuries.
(d) The invaders are searching for a home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the invaders known as?
2. Why are some people still unsatisfied with Utopia?
3. What does Rupert Boyce say Professor Sullivan will do?
4. What does Karellen believe can achieve political harmony?
5. What group is reserved for the most important people on Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Grigorievitch, and what expectations does he have of Konrad Schneider?
2. Why does Karellen want two children to come inside the ship with him?
3. Rikki Stormgren triggers an x-ray device on board the Overlords' ship. Why does Stormgren bring the device on board, and what does the x-ray reveal?
4. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his letter to his sister, and why is that significant?
5. Who are the Overlords, and where are they found at the beginning of Chapter 2?
6. Who is Alexander Wainwright, and what is his role?
7. What are some of the adjustments the Overlords have to make to adapt to being on Earth?
8. What game does Rupert Boyce play with his remaining guests, and why?
9. What does Alexander Wainwright believe the Overlords are waiting for before revealing themselves?
10. What is the relationship between Reinhold Hoffmann and the Russian scientist Konrad Schneider?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)