|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jan Rodricks attend school?
(a) The University of Cairo.
(b) The University of Cape Town.
(c) The State University of New York.
(d) The University of Phoenix.
2. What is the name of the alien visiting with Rupert Boyce in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Jan Rodricks meet Professor Sullivan?
(a) In the Mediterranean Sea.
(b) In the South Pacifc Basin.
(c) In the Gulf of Mexico.
(d) In the North Sea.
4. What does Professor Sullivan agree to help Jan Rodricks do?
(a) Hide him from the invaders.
(b) Help him with his experiment.
(c) Learn the native tongue of the invaders.
(d) Write his memoirs.
5. Who is the Assistant Commissioner for Nuclear Science of Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pieter Van Ryberg's theory?
2. Who is the American scientist introduced in Chapter 1?
3. Where do the aliens come from?
4. How many hours a week do people typically work?
5. What does Karelllen do for Rikki Stormgren during their last meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are people worldwide grieving after George Greggson and Jean Morrel's children begin to change?
2. What group kidnaps Rikki Stormgren, and for what reason?
3. What is the role of the American scientist Reinhold Hoffmann?
4. What events are foreshadowed when the Inspector shares his report with Karellen after meeting with the New Athens council?
5. What frustrations does Jan Rodricks voice to his sister, Maia? Explain how he plans to deal with those frustrations.
6. In his radio address in Chapter 20, what does Karellen explain is his reason for occupying the planet?
7. What is ironic about Jan Rodricks' return to Earth?
8. How does Jan Rodricks respond when approaching Earth on his return, and why?
9. Who is Alexander Wainwright, and what is his role?
10. What does Karellen reveal during his weekly press conference in Chapter 14, and how does he justify the Overlords' actions based on their revelation during the conference?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)