|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Greggson desire to do with Jean Morrel?
(a) Make her his wife.
(b) Take her into hiding from the invaders.
(c) Use her for psychic experiments.
(d) Use her to spy on the invaders.
2. What common ailment or condition does Rikki Stormgren suffer from?
3. Who is Pierre Duval?
(a) Head of the Science Bureau.
(b) Head of the League of Nations.
(c) Head of National Security.
(d) Head of the Internal Revenue Service.
4. Although the media are very critical of Karellen's rule, the majority of humans are in favor of what?
(a) Karellen's goal of ending racism.
(b) Karellen's goal of transporting all humans to another planet.
(c) Karellen's goal of ending global warming.
(d) Karellen's goal of world peace.
5. What happens when Rikki Stormgren doesn't show up for work?
(a) Pieter Van Ryberg is given a private meeting with the head of the invaders.
(b) Pieter Pieter Van Ryberg becomes acting Secretary-General of the U.N.
(c) The invaders say they have taken Rikki Stormgren into custody.
(d) Pieter Van Ryberg learns that Rikki Stormgren has defected to Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the leader of the invaders make first contact with the people of Earth?
2. What does Karellen look like?
3. Who is the first person Rikki Stormgren meets after his abduction?
4. What are the invaders known as?
5. Where are George Greggson and Jean Morrel from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his letter to his sister, and why is that significant?
2. What is the relationship between Reinhold Hoffmann and the Russian scientist Konrad Schneider?
3. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
4. What does the arrival of the Overlords do to religion?
5. What frustrations does Jan Rodricks voice to his sister, Maia? Explain how he plans to deal with those frustrations.
6. How does Rupert Boyce explain the presence of an Overlord, Rashaverak, at his party?
7. Why are the journalists and spectators waiting in anticipation at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. Who are the Overlords, and where are they found at the beginning of Chapter 2?
9. How is Rikki Stormgren freed from the group that has kidnapped him?
10. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)