|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boat sighted off the shore of the Pacific island launch site?
(a) James Forrestal.
(b) Andrea Dorea.
(c) New Leviathan.
(d) Black Pearl.
2. Who is the first person Rikki Stormgren meets after his abduction?
3. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
(a) In an abandoned missle silo.
(b) In an abandoned mine.
(c) In the offices of the Freedom League.
(d) On the island of Taratura.
4. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
(a) The reporter asks if Karellen has revealed his future plans.
(b) The reporter asks if the invaders have accomplished all they set out to do.
(c) The reporter asks about the equipment Stormgren used to see Karellen.
(d) The reporter asks if the invaders are immortal.
5. What does Jan Rodricks examine at Rupert Boyce's home?
(a) A stuffed gorilla.
(b) Rupert Boyce's wife.
(c) Rupert Boyce's library.
(d) A stuffed elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rupert Boyce live?
2. What is Pieter Van Ryberg's theory?
3. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
4. Why do some humans still work?
5. In what year does Chapter 1 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the journalists and spectators waiting in anticipation at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. How does Rupert Boyce explain the presence of an Overlord, Rashaverak, at his party?
3. Why does Karellen want two children to come inside the ship with him?
4. Who is Pierre Duval, and what is his significance in the story?
5. What is the role of the American scientist Reinhold Hoffmann?
6. What does the use of machines do to Earth culture after the Overlords establish Utopia?
7. How is Rikki Stormgren freed from the group that has kidnapped him?
8. Who is Grigorievitch, and what expectations does he have of Konrad Schneider?
9. What happens during Rikki Stormgren's meeting with Karellen in Chapter 4?
10. How do the Overlords intimidate humans with a ruse?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)