|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the countries of Earth?
(a) Each country has an ambassador to the aliens.
(b) They have been divided into four geographic regions.
(c) Each one has been given autonomy over their people.
(d) They are all united, but have kept their original names.
2. Why are some people still unsatisfied with Utopia?
(a) They want to explore the stars.
(b) They are uncertain about the future.
(c) They yearn for more interpersonal relationships.
(d) They are tired of being under the invaders' yoke.
3. What device does Rikki Stormgren take with him on board the invaders' ship?
(a) A recording device to eavesdrop on the aliens' discussions.
(b) A homing beacon to monitor the whereabouts of Karellen.
(c) A camera for taking a photograph of Karellen.
(d) An x-ray device for looking behind the on-board screen.
4. What do the journalists and spectators present on the day the aliens reveal themselves want to experience?
(a) A tour of the spaceship.
(b) A direct word from Karellen.
(c) A photo op with the aliens.
(d) A first glimpse of the aliens.
5. What is the name of the alien visiting with Rupert Boyce in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the spectators first see Karellen?
2. What is true about Earth in the 21st century?
3. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
4. What does Jan Rodricks examine at Rupert Boyce's home?
5. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
2. How do the Overlords intimidate humans with a ruse?
3. Who is Alexander Wainwright, and what is his role?
4. What is the relationship between Reinhold Hoffmann and the Russian scientist Konrad Schneider?
5. What are some of the adjustments the Overlords have to make to adapt to being on Earth?
6. What happens during Rikki Stormgren's meeting with Karellen in Chapter 4?
7. How is Rikki Stormgren freed from the group that has kidnapped him?
8. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
9. What group kidnaps Rikki Stormgren, and for what reason?
10. What do Jan Rodricks and Rupert Boyce discuss while examining a stuffed elephant at Boyce's home, and why is Rodricks hesitant about telling Boyce the location of the Overlords' planet?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)