|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the American scientist and Russian scientist in Chapter 1 serve together at the end of WWII?
2. What special day does Chapter 5 deal with?
(a) The day the aliens reveal themselves.
(b) The day the aliens go back to their home planet.
(c) The day the aliens begin their methodical destruction of mankind.
(d) The day the aliens give ultimatums to Earth.
3. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To keep watch over humans.
(b) To intimidate humans.
(c) To ultimately destroy humans.
(d) To encourage humans.
4. What does Professor Sullivan agree to help Jan Rodricks do?
(a) Help him with his experiment.
(b) Learn the native tongue of the invaders.
(c) Hide him from the invaders.
(d) Write his memoirs.
5. How does the leader of the invaders make first contact with the people of Earth?
(a) He guest hosts on "Saturday Night Live."
(b) He broadcasts over all radio stations worldwide.
(c) He appears in a holographic image.
(d) He appears on all television broadcasts worldwide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
2. What does Jan Rodricks' mother do?
3. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
4. What is the name of the Pacific island that is the shuttle launch site?
5. What does Karellen do to the extremists when Karellen helps Rikki Stormgren escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. List at least two facts about each of Jan Rodricks' parents. How have his parents influenced who he is?
2. Who is Pieter Van Ryberg, and what does he do after Rikki Stormgren's disappearance?
3. What does the use of machines do to Earth culture after the Overlords establish Utopia?
4. Who is Grigorievitch, and what expectations does he have of Konrad Schneider?
5. Rikki Stormgren triggers an x-ray device on board the Overlords' ship. Why does Stormgren bring the device on board, and what does the x-ray reveal?
6. What is so shocking about the Overlords' appearance as revealed in Chapter 5?
7. What do Jan Rodricks and Rupert Boyce discuss while examining a stuffed elephant at Boyce's home, and why is Rodricks hesitant about telling Boyce the location of the Overlords' planet?
8. What game does Rupert Boyce play with his remaining guests, and why?
9. How does Rupert Boyce explain the presence of an Overlord, Rashaverak, at his party?
10. What does Jan Rodricks ask Professor Sullivan to help him do, and what is Sullivan's response?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)