|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the invaders want to keep tabs on Jan Rodricks?
(a) They are suspicious of his interest in their home planet.
(b) They think he may be showing psychic ability.
(c) They think he is planning an insurrection againt the invaders.
(d) They think that he is a threat to their influence on Earth.
2. What did Jan Rodricks' father do?
(a) He was a magician.
(b) He was a lounge singer.
(c) He was a clown.
(d) He was a wrestler.
3. What is the first thing the spectators experience after a spaceship lands?
(a) An earsplitting roar.
(b) A blinding flash of light.
(c) Earth tremors.
(d) Karellen's voice.
4. In Chapter 11, what does Jan Rodricks want Professor Sullivan to help him do?
(a) Catalog the new forms of sea life he has discovered.
(b) Sneak onto the alien spaceship.
(c) Use the submarine to go into hiding.
(d) Put a tracking/listening device inside one of the animals the aliens are taking.
5. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
(b) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
(c) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(d) There was only one spaceship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alexander Wainwright's chief issue with the occupation by the alien invaders?
2. Against what country do the invaders take direct action?
3. What common ailment or condition does Rikki Stormgren suffer from?
4. What happens when Rikki Stormgren doesn't show up for work?
5. What happens to those invited on board the alien ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. List at least two facts about each of Jan Rodricks' parents. How have his parents influenced who he is?
2. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
3. How does Rupert Boyce explain the presence of an Overlord, Rashaverak, at his party?
4. What are some of the adjustments the Overlords have to make to adapt to being on Earth?
5. Why are professional sports almost obsolete in 2050?
6. Why are newspapers virtually obsolete in 2050?
7. What frustrations does Jan Rodricks voice to his sister, Maia? Explain how he plans to deal with those frustrations.
8. Who is Alexander Wainwright, and what is his role?
9. Who is Pierre Duval, and what is his significance in the story?
10. What game does Rupert Boyce play with his remaining guests, and why?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)