|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what country do the invaders take direct action?
(a) Republic of the Congo.
(d) Republic of South Africa.
2. What is Rikki Stormgren able to accomplish on the aliens' ship with the device he carries on board?
(a) Get a glimpse of who he believes to be Karellen.
(b) He kills Karellen.
(c) Hear details of the invaders' real plans for Earth.
(d) Determine where the aliens are going after they leave Earth.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Jan Rodricks want Professor Sullivan to help him do?
(a) Put a tracking/listening device inside one of the animals the aliens are taking.
(b) Use the submarine to go into hiding.
(c) Catalog the new forms of sea life he has discovered.
(d) Sneak onto the alien spaceship.
4. What did Jan Rodricks' father do?
(a) He was a wrestler.
(b) He was a clown.
(c) He was a lounge singer.
(d) He was a magician.
5. Why do the invaders want to keep tabs on Jan Rodricks?
(a) They think that he is a threat to their influence on Earth.
(b) They think he may be showing psychic ability.
(c) They are suspicious of his interest in their home planet.
(d) They think he is planning an insurrection againt the invaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pieter Van Ryberg's theory?
2. What is the name of Rupert Boyce's new wife?
3. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
4. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
5. Where can the alien spacecraft be found in the second part of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Overlords intimidate humans with a ruse?
2. What does Jan Rodricks ask Professor Sullivan to help him do, and what is Sullivan's response?
3. Who is Pierre Duval, and what is his significance in the story?
4. What does Reinhold Hoffmann see in the night sky over the island of Taratura, and what does it imply?
5. Rikki Stormgren triggers an x-ray device on board the Overlords' ship. Why does Stormgren bring the device on board, and what does the x-ray reveal?
6. How does Rupert Boyce explain the presence of an Overlord, Rashaverak, at his party?
7. List at least two facts about each of Jan Rodricks' parents. How have his parents influenced who he is?
8. Why are newspapers virtually obsolete in 2050?
9. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
10. Who is Grigorievitch, and what expectations does he have of Konrad Schneider?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)