|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
(a) The reporter asks if Karellen has revealed his future plans.
(b) The reporter asks if the invaders have accomplished all they set out to do.
(c) The reporter asks if the invaders are immortal.
(d) The reporter asks about the equipment Stormgren used to see Karellen.
2. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The Age of Reason.
(c) The Age of Aquarius.
(d) The Gilded Age.
3. What is true about Earth in the 21st century?
(a) It has become totally communist.
(b) It has become totally socialist.
(c) It has reached Utopia.
(d) It has begun the colonization of other planets.
4. What does Jan Rodricks examine at Rupert Boyce's home?
(a) A stuffed elephant.
(b) A stuffed gorilla.
(c) Rupert Boyce's library.
(d) Rupert Boyce's wife.
5. How does Pierre Duval conclude that Rikki Stormgren can see Karellen?
(a) By luring Karellen outside of the alien ship.
(b) By using night-vision goggles.
(c) By shining a bright flashlight through a two-way screen.
(d) By using an ultraviolet light.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the aliens have established their rule on Earth, what evidence is seen of their influence?
2. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
3. What is the role of Rikki Stormgren?
4. To whom does Jan Rodricks write a farewell letter?
5. What happens to those invited on board the alien ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so shocking about the Overlords' appearance as revealed in Chapter 5?
2. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
3. What group kidnaps Rikki Stormgren, and for what reason?
4. What does Alexander Wainwright believe the Overlords are waiting for before revealing themselves?
5. Who is Pieter Van Ryberg, and what does he do after Rikki Stormgren's disappearance?
6. What are some of the adjustments the Overlords have to make to adapt to being on Earth?
7. What does the use of machines do to Earth culture after the Overlords establish Utopia?
8. How do the Overlords intimidate humans with a ruse?
9. Why are professional sports almost obsolete in 2050?
10. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)