|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The Gilded Age.
(c) The Age of Aquarius.
(d) The Age of Reason.
2. What does Rikki Stormgren show Alexander Wainwright in Stormgren's office?
(a) The draft of the World State's constitiution.
(b) Instructions for the Freedom League after Rikki Stormgren's death.
(c) A photograph of Karellen.
(d) A recording of discussions between Karellen and his supervisors.
3. Where does Jan Rodricks meet Professor Sullivan?
(a) In the North Sea.
(b) In the South Pacifc Basin.
(c) In the Mediterranean Sea.
(d) In the Gulf of Mexico.
4. What game does Jan Rodricks play with the guests at the party?
(b) Something similar to a Ouija board.
(d) Twenty Questions.
5. How many hours a week do people typically work?
(b) All humans work from home and set their own hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the aliens find Jean Morrel valuable?
2. Where do the aliens come from?
3. What does Karellen give Rikki Stormgren after Stormgren's meeting with Pierre Duval?
4. What has revolutionized the Earth's economy?
5. Who is Alexander Wainwright?
Short Essay Questions
1. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his letter to his sister, and why is that significant?
2. List at least two facts about each of Jan Rodricks' parents. How have his parents influenced who he is?
3. Who is Alexander Wainwright, and what is his role?
4. What does the use of machines do to Earth culture after the Overlords establish Utopia?
5. How is Rikki Stormgren freed from the group that has kidnapped him?
6. What does Jan Rodricks ask Professor Sullivan to help him do, and what is Sullivan's response?
7. How does Rupert Boyce explain the presence of an Overlord, Rashaverak, at his party?
8. What does the arrival of the Overlords do to religion?
9. Why are newspapers virtually obsolete in 2050?
10. Who is Grigorievitch, and what expectations does he have of Konrad Schneider?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)