|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the American scientist see from the Pacific island?
(a) Russian submarines approaching the island.
(b) Russian troops storming the beaches.
(c) The launch of the Russian spacecraft.
(d) Shadows of the approaching alien ships.
2. What does George Greggson desire to do with Jean Morrel?
(a) Take her into hiding from the invaders.
(b) Make her his wife.
(c) Use her for psychic experiments.
(d) Use her to spy on the invaders.
3. What does Professor Sullivan agree to help Jan Rodricks do?
(a) Hide him from the invaders.
(b) Learn the native tongue of the invaders.
(c) Write his memoirs.
(d) Help him with his experiment.
4. What does Karelllen do for Rikki Stormgren during their last meeting?
(a) Karellen reveals himself to Stormgren.
(b) Karellen introduces Stormgren to several other invaders.
(c) Karellen lays out his future plans.
(d) Karellen kidnaps Stormgren.
5. What does Karellen believe can achieve political harmony?
(a) The forceful use of power.
(b) The tactful use of power.
(c) The elimination of illiteracy.
(d) The elimination of religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
2. How does the leader of the invaders make first contact with the people of Earth?
3. What is the result of people working less?
4. Where is the alien ship located in Chapter 5?
5. What does Chapter 10 describe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Pieter Van Ryberg, and what does he do after Rikki Stormgren's disappearance?
2. What are some of the adjustments the Overlords have to make to adapt to being on Earth?
3. Why are the journalists and spectators waiting in anticipation at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his letter to his sister, and why is that significant?
5. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
6. What does the arrival of the Overlords do to religion?
7. Rikki Stormgren triggers an x-ray device on board the Overlords' ship. Why does Stormgren bring the device on board, and what does the x-ray reveal?
8. Who is Karellen, and what does he state is his intention for occupying Earth?
9. Who is Grigorievitch, and what expectations does he have of Konrad Schneider?
10. What happens during Rikki Stormgren's meeting with Karellen in Chapter 4?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)