|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group is reserved for the most important people on Earth?
(a) Category Purple.
(b) Category Green.
(c) Category Red.
(d) Category Orange.
2. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
(b) Rupert Boyce.
(c) Jan Rodricks.
(d) Rikki Stormgren.
3. What is true about Earth in the 21st century?
(a) It has become totally communist.
(b) It has become totally socialist.
(c) It has reached Utopia.
(d) It has begun the colonization of other planets.
4. What is the first thing the spectators experience after a spaceship lands?
(a) Earth tremors.
(b) Karellen's voice.
(c) An earsplitting roar.
(d) A blinding flash of light.
5. When Karellen ultimately speaks prior to his revealing himself for the first time, what does he ask for?
(a) A meeting with the president.
(b) A meeting with Rikki Stormgren.
(c) Two children.
(d) A camera crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some humans still work?
2. What does Rikki Stormgren believe about the two races, humans and Overlords?
3. Why are professional sports obsolete?
4. What does Jan Rodricks' mother do?
5. How long does Jan Rodricks feel that it will take him to reach the aliens' home planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Pieter Van Ryberg, and what does he do after Rikki Stormgren's disappearance?
2. What frustrations does Jan Rodricks voice to his sister, Maia? Explain how he plans to deal with those frustrations.
3. What are some of the adjustments the Overlords have to make to adapt to being on Earth?
4. How are George Greggson and Jean Morrel introduced in Chapter 7?
5. What does Reinhold Hoffmann see in the night sky over the island of Taratura, and what does it imply?
6. What is the relationship between Reinhold Hoffmann and the Russian scientist Konrad Schneider?
7. List at least two facts about each of Jan Rodricks' parents. How have his parents influenced who he is?
8. What does the arrival of the Overlords do to religion?
9. Who is Rikki Stormgren, and what is his role?
10. Who are the Overlords, and where are they found at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)