|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to those invited on board the alien ship?
(a) They are levitated on board.
(b) They are morphed into different beings.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are beamed on board.
2. What does Karellen do to the extremists when Karellen helps Rikki Stormgren escape?
(a) Puts them in a state of temporary paralysis.
(b) Erases their memories.
(c) Causes them to go temporarily blind.
(d) Transports them to the alien ship.
3. What do the journalists and spectators present on the day the aliens reveal themselves want to experience?
(a) A first glimpse of the aliens.
(b) A photo op with the aliens.
(c) A direct word from Karellen.
(d) A tour of the spaceship.
4. Why do the invaders want to keep tabs on Jan Rodricks?
(a) They think he may be showing psychic ability.
(b) They think he is planning an insurrection againt the invaders.
(c) They think that he is a threat to their influence on Earth.
(d) They are suspicious of his interest in their home planet.
5. What is the name of the alien visiting with Rupert Boyce in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karellen known as?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Jan Rodricks want Professor Sullivan to help him do?
3. How many ships are actually present on or around Earth?
4. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
5. What is the role of Rikki Stormgren?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the use of machines do to Earth culture after the Overlords establish Utopia?
2. What are some of the adjustments the Overlords have to make to adapt to being on Earth?
3. How do the Overlords intimidate humans with a ruse?
4. Why are newspapers virtually obsolete in 2050?
5. What is the relationship between Reinhold Hoffmann and the Russian scientist Konrad Schneider?
6. Who is Pierre Duval, and what is his significance in the story?
7. What group kidnaps Rikki Stormgren, and for what reason?
8. Who is Karellen, and what does he state is his intention for occupying Earth?
9. What does Reinhold Hoffmann see in the night sky over the island of Taratura, and what does it imply?
10. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)