|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are George Greggson and Jean Morrel from?
2. What is the name of the colonel from Technical Intelligence?
3. What game does Jan Rodricks play with the guests at the party?
(a) Something similar to a Ouija board.
(b) Twenty Questions.
4. Why does Rupert Boyce hold special interest for the aliens?
(a) The aliens are interested in his new wife.
(b) The aliens are interested in his veterinary work.
(c) The aliens are interested in his political views.
(d) The aliens are interested in his library.
5. What does Rikki Stormgren believe about the two races, humans and Overlords?
(a) He believes the two races have met each other in the past.
(b) He believes the two races will blend to become one.
(c) He believes the two races will ultimately destroy each other.
(d) He believes the two races will coexist on earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Chapter 2 begin?
2. What do Karellen and his supervisors say they will do in their meeting with Rikki Stormgren in Chapter 4?
3. What happens when Rikki Stormgren doesn't show up for work?
4. How does Pierre Duval conclude that Rikki Stormgren can see Karellen?
5. What is true about Earth in the 21st century?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the adjustments the Overlords have to make to adapt to being on Earth?
2. What is the relationship between Reinhold Hoffmann and the Russian scientist Konrad Schneider?
3. Why are the journalists and spectators waiting in anticipation at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. How do the Overlords intimidate humans with a ruse?
5. What does Reinhold Hoffmann see in the night sky over the island of Taratura, and what does it imply?
6. How is Rikki Stormgren freed from the group that has kidnapped him?
7. What is the difference between the Eastern media and Western media concerning the Overlords' rule?
8. Who is Rikki Stormgren, and what is his role?
9. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
10. What are Rashaverak's feelings about Rupert Boyce as he relates them to Karellen?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)