|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
(a) The reporter asks if the invaders have accomplished all they set out to do.
(b) The reporter asks if the invaders are immortal.
(c) The reporter asks about the equipment Stormgren used to see Karellen.
(d) The reporter asks if Karellen has revealed his future plans.
2. What does Jan Rodricks see on the way to the ocean lab?
(a) Unusual marine life.
(b) A mutated whale.
(c) Ruins of an alien spaceship.
(d) An alien submarine.
3. What do Karellen and his supervisors say they will do in their meeting with Rikki Stormgren in Chapter 4?
(a) Set foot on Earth and reveal themselves in 50 years.
(b) Take 50 humans with them to colonize another planet.
(c) Depart the Earth in 50 years, leaving mankind with new technology.
(d) Destroy the Earth in 50 years if mankind hasn't been able to remain peaceful.
4. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) The Good Samaritan.
(c) Jonah and the Whale.
(d) Noah's Ark.
5. Where does Jan Rodricks meet Professor Sullivan?
(a) In the Mediterranean Sea.
(b) In the Gulf of Mexico.
(c) In the South Pacifc Basin.
(d) In the North Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the aliens deal with Earth's gravity?
2. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
3. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
4. What is the global language of Earth?
5. Where does the second half of Chapter 1 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Rashaverak's feelings about Rupert Boyce as he relates them to Karellen?
2. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his letter to his sister, and why is that significant?
3. How is Rikki Stormgren freed from the group that has kidnapped him?
4. What group kidnaps Rikki Stormgren, and for what reason?
5. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
6. What are some of the adjustments the Overlords have to make to adapt to being on Earth?
7. List at least two facts about each of Jan Rodricks' parents. How have his parents influenced who he is?
8. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
9. Who is Pieter Van Ryberg, and what does he do after Rikki Stormgren's disappearance?
10. What happens during Rikki Stormgren's meeting with Karellen in Chapter 4?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)