|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Pacific island that is the shuttle launch site?
(a) Bora Bora.
(c) Papeete Bay.
2. What are the invaders known as?
3. What is the first thing the spectators experience after a spaceship lands?
(a) A blinding flash of light.
(b) An earsplitting roar.
(c) Karellen's voice.
(d) Earth tremors.
4. Why do the aliens find Jean Morrel valuable?
(a) Because she channeled a spirit.
(b) Because she has extraordinarily high IQ.
(c) Because she has an advanced immune system.
(d) Because she has memory of past lives.
5. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To encourage humans.
(b) To ultimately destroy humans.
(c) To intimidate humans.
(d) To keep watch over humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pieter Van Ryberg's theory?
2. What did Jan Rodricks' father do?
3. Why does Jan Rodricks go to London?
4. How many hours a week do people typically work?
5. What does Karelllen do for Rikki Stormgren during their last meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the journalists and spectators waiting in anticipation at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What does Alexander Wainwright believe the Overlords are waiting for before revealing themselves?
3. What are Rashaverak's feelings about Rupert Boyce as he relates them to Karellen?
4. How are George Greggson and Jean Morrel introduced in Chapter 7?
5. Rikki Stormgren triggers an x-ray device on board the Overlords' ship. Why does Stormgren bring the device on board, and what does the x-ray reveal?
6. What is the role of the American scientist Reinhold Hoffmann?
7. Who is Alexander Wainwright, and what is his role?
8. Who is Pierre Duval, and what is his significance in the story?
9. What does Jan Rodricks ask Professor Sullivan to help him do, and what is Sullivan's response?
10. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)