|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karelllen do for Rikki Stormgren during their last meeting?
(a) Karellen lays out his future plans.
(b) Karellen introduces Stormgren to several other invaders.
(c) Karellen kidnaps Stormgren.
(d) Karellen reveals himself to Stormgren.
2. What special day does Chapter 5 deal with?
(a) The day the aliens give ultimatums to Earth.
(b) The day the aliens reveal themselves.
(c) The day the aliens go back to their home planet.
(d) The day the aliens begin their methodical destruction of mankind.
3. How long does Jan Rodricks feel that it will take him to reach the aliens' home planet?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six minutes.
(d) Six years.
4. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) Jonah and the Whale.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) The Good Samaritan.
5. What does Professor Sullivan agree to help Jan Rodricks do?
(a) Hide him from the invaders.
(b) Write his memoirs.
(c) Learn the native tongue of the invaders.
(d) Help him with his experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the second half of Chapter 1 take place?
2. What does Rupert Boyce say Professor Sullivan will do?
3. What common ailment or condition does Rikki Stormgren suffer from?
4. What is the global language of Earth?
5. What is Pieter Van Ryberg's theory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Overlords intimidate humans with a ruse?
2. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
3. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
4. Why does Karellen want two children to come inside the ship with him?
5. Who is Rikki Stormgren, and what is his role?
6. What is the relationship between Reinhold Hoffmann and the Russian scientist Konrad Schneider?
7. What frustrations does Jan Rodricks voice to his sister, Maia? Explain how he plans to deal with those frustrations.
8. What does the arrival of the Overlords do to religion?
9. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his letter to his sister, and why is that significant?
10. Why are newspapers virtually obsolete in 2050?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)