Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the leader of the extremist group described?
(a) A younger man with blue eyes and a Polish accent.
(b) An elderly man with gray eyes and a Welsh accent.
(c) A balding man with brown eyes and a Chinese accent.
(d) An elderly man who walks with a cane and has a Russian accent.
2. Where can the alien spacecraft be found in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) Hovering over Earth's major cities.
(b) Resting on open land around Earth's major cities.
(c) Concentrated over New York City.
(d) In continual orbit around the Earth.
3. What happens when the spectators first see Karellen?
(a) Some vomit.
(b) Some fall to their knees in worship.
(c) Some try to attack Karellen.
(d) Some faint.
4. In what year does Chapter 1 take place?
5. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(b) There was only one spaceship.
(c) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
(d) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the global language of Earth?
2. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
3. What happens when Rikki Stormgren doesn't show up for work?
4. What does Pierre Duval conclude about the screen in the aliens' ship?
5. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the response and mindset of the people of New Athens after the children are evacuated.
2. Who is Pierre Duval, and what is his significance in the story?
3. Who is Alexander Wainwright, and what is his role?
4. What happens at the council meeting between the leaders of New Athens and the Overlord "Inspector," Thanthalteresco? How does Thanthalteresco respond to Dr. Sen's comments?
5. Why are George Greggson and Jean Morrel spending more time with their children in Chapter 19?
6. What is Karellen's philosophy about world order that he shares with Rikki Stormgren?
7. Who is Pieter Van Ryberg, and what does he do after Rikki Stormgren's disappearance?
8. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his letter to his sister, and why is that significant?
9. What does Jan Rodricks learn from his research in star catalogs, and what is the significance of his discovery?
10. Explain the nature of Jeffrey Greggson's dreams as revealed in Chapter 18 and how the Overlords evaluate what is happening to him.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)