|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thanthalteresco?
(a) The enforcer.
(b) The inspector.
(c) The peacekeeper.
(d) The professor.
2. What do the aliens do with Jan Rodricks?
(a) Leave him in charge of their base.
(b) Make him part of the new race.
(c) Return for him after he has recorded the activities of the new race.
(d) Take him with them back to their home planet.
3. What does Jan Rodricks see in the museum he visits?
(a) Exhibits from several planets, including Earth.
(b) Antique alien spaceships.
(c) An alien library.
(d) The history of the invaders.
4. What is the name of George Greggson's daughter?
(a) Carol Anne.
(b) Pepper Anne.
(c) Elizabeth Anne.
(d) Jennifer Anne.
5. What do the remaining people on New Athens do after the aliens take action with their children?
(a) Dissolve into mass warfare.
(b) Plot how to rescue their children.
(c) Decide how to live the rest of their lives.
(d) Band together to defeat the aliens.
6. The greatest achievement of the people in the island community comes in what field?
(a) Psychic ability.
7. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
(b) The invaders.
(c) Other planets and solar systems.
(d) His parents.
8. What is Jan Rodricks not allowed to photograph?
(a) The alien-spacecraft launch site.
(b) Alien children.
(c) The inside of an invader's home.
(d) A mountain surrounded by a strange ring of light.
9. What is the Overmind?
(a) Karellen's true identity.
(b) The part of a human's brain that controls the will.
(c) The collective group mind of the invaders.
(d) The higher power.
10. How does Karellen explain the invaders' motives for occupying Earth?
(a) To study humans and teach them the ways of the invaders.
(b) To remove humans from Earth, because Earth will ultimately be destroyed.
(c) To repopulate Earth with the invaders after humans are gone.
(d) To protect Earth, because it will serve a higher purpose.
11. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son?
12. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel see Jeffrey Greggson doing as the invaders take action with the children in Chapter 21?
(a) Being carried by Karellen.
(b) Carrying his sister.
(c) Escaping from the aliens.
(d) Boarding the ship.
13. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son's dog?
14. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
(a) Try to stop the destruction of the island.
(b) Ask to accompany their children on the alien spacecraft.
(c) Board a submarine to take them off the island.
(d) Stay on the island and die.
15. Charles Yan Sen compares the aliens' cultivation of Earth to:
(a) Raising puppies.
(b) An anthropological experiment.
(c) Human child-rearing practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vindarten do with Jan Rodricks?
2. What happens to the Earth?
3. Where does Karellen send one of his fellow invaders?
4. Who is Vindarten?
5. What does Rashaverak suggest that George Greggson and Jean Morrel do as their children begin to change in mental and physical abilities?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)