|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
(a) The invaders appeared to early man.
(b) Some people throughout history have had psychic visions of the invaders.
(c) The invaders made cave paintings of themselves in areas where humans had not yet emerged.
(d) The invaders can morph into whatever appearance they please.
2. What alarms Jan Rodricks when he returns to Earth?
(a) The Earth is devoid of all vegetation.
(b) The Earth is dark with no man-made lights.
(c) Human bodies.
(d) The Earth is totally covered with water.
3. Who is Vindarten?
(a) The only alien who can read Jan Rodricks' mind.
(b) The only alien who doesn't have wings.
(c) The only alien who understands Jan Rodricks.
(d) The only alien who speaks English.
4. What does Jan Rodricks observe that he also saw on the aliens' home planet?
(a) A giant web of light and color covering the atmosphere.
(b) A museum.
(c) A glowing mountain.
(d) Aliens flying.
5. What do the remaining people on New Athens do after the aliens take action with their children?
(a) Dissolve into mass warfare.
(b) Band together to defeat the aliens.
(c) Decide how to live the rest of their lives.
(d) Plot how to rescue their children.
6. What does Jan Rodricks come to realize after his return to Earth from the aliens' planet?
(a) He is an alien himself in human form.
(b) He is responsible for what the aliens have done.
(c) He had the opportunity to stop the aliens and failed to do so.
(d) He is the last man on Earth.
7. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel spend as much time as possible doing?
(a) Being with their pets.
(b) Being with their son.
(c) Planning the future.
(d) Conversing with the invaders.
8. What happens to the Earth?
(a) It burns.
(b) It is reborn.
(c) It is covered totally by water.
(d) It disintegrates.
9. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
(b) Sodium pentathol.
10. What does the new race do with the moon?
(a) Colonize it.
(b) Fling it toward the sun.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Make it spin.
11. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
(a) Other planets and solar systems.
(c) His parents.
(d) The invaders.
12. Who is the founder of the community on the island compared to?
13. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
14. What is the name of the invaders' home planet?
15. Charles Yan Sen compares the aliens' cultivation of Earth to:
(a) An anthropological experiment.
(c) Raising puppies.
(d) Human child-rearing practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inactive volcano on the island?
2. What is causing grief to people all over the world?
3. Why is Professor Sullivan sad in Chapter 13?
4. What do the children do three years later when their minds are more closely connected?
5. Who is Charles Yan Sen?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)