|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the remaining people on New Athens do after the aliens take action with their children?
(a) Decide how to live the rest of their lives.
(b) Plot how to rescue their children.
(c) Dissolve into mass warfare.
(d) Band together to defeat the aliens.
2. What happens to the Earth?
(a) It is covered totally by water.
(b) It burns.
(c) It is reborn.
(d) It disintegrates.
3. Why do the invaders plan to return Jan Rodricks to Earth?
(a) Because they want him to act as ambassador.
(b) Because he is discovered to have a disease the invaders cannot treat.
(c) Because conditions on the alien planet would be too uncomfortable for him.
(d) Because he is too hostile to the invaders.
4. The greatest achievement of the people in the island community comes in what field?
(c) Psychic ability.
5. What do the aliens do with the children in Chapter 21?
(a) Vaccinate them.
(b) Evacuate them.
(c) Put them in suspended animation.
(d) Unite them with their parents.
6. What does Rashaverak tell George Greggson and Jean Morrel about their children?
(a) The children would be the last citizens of Earth.
(b) The aliens chose the children for immortality.
(c) The children would be transported to the invader's home planet.
(d) They were randomly chosen for an experiment by a higher power.
7. What is the name of the invaders' home planet?
8. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
(b) His parents.
(c) Other planets and solar systems.
(d) The invaders.
9. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
(a) Stay on the island and die.
(b) Board a submarine to take them off the island.
(c) Ask to accompany their children on the alien spacecraft.
(d) Try to stop the destruction of the island.
10. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
(a) A garage.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A bathroom.
(d) A Jacuzzi.
11. According to Karellen, what will humans develop?
(a) Telepathic abilities.
(b) The ability to travel at warp speed.
(d) A form of energy the higher power can feed from.
12. What does the new race do with the moon?
(a) Make it spin.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Colonize it.
(d) Fling it toward the sun.
13. What happens to the island of Athens?
(a) It turns into an active volcano.
(b) The island sinks into the sea like the legendary Atlantis.
(c) All of its inhabitants evacuate, leaving it abandoned.
(d) It is destroyed by the aliens.
14. What alarms Jan Rodricks when he returns to Earth?
(a) The Earth is totally covered with water.
(b) Human bodies.
(c) The Earth is devoid of all vegetation.
(d) The Earth is dark with no man-made lights.
15. Why does Karellen grieve for humans?
(a) Because he had the opportunity to save them but didn't.
(b) Because they never reached their full potential.
(c) Because he had become so attached to them
(d) Because they were destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karellen decide to do as the end of civilization approaches?
2. What are the children involved in that lasts almost a year?
3. What is Jennifer Greggson able to do as she begins to show evidences of change in Chapter 18?
4. Which invader does George Greggson meet with?
5. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)