|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the invaders build Utopia?
(a) As an experiment to see how humans would exist in a perfect world.
(b) To divert people from their doomed future.
(c) To squelch human curiousity.
(d) To give people an appreciation for freedom.
2. How does Karellen explain the invaders' motives for occupying Earth?
(a) To remove humans from Earth, because Earth will ultimately be destroyed.
(b) To repopulate Earth with the invaders after humans are gone.
(c) To study humans and teach them the ways of the invaders.
(d) To protect Earth, because it will serve a higher purpose.
3. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
(a) Other planets and solar systems.
(b) The invaders.
(d) His parents.
4. Who is the founder of the community on the island compared to?
5. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A Jacuzzi.
(c) A garage.
(d) A bathroom.
6. What does Thanthalteresco call George Greggson's oldest son?
(a) Subject Zero.
(b) Subject One.
(c) Subject Hero.
(d) Subject Infinity.
7. What does George Greggson's eldest son tell him about Thanthalteresco?
(a) He believes Thanthalteresco is dying.
(b) He believes Thanthalteresco can read his mind.
(c) He believes Thanthalteresco saved him from the tsunami.
(d) He believes Thanthalteresco wants to kidnap him.
8. What happens to the island of Athens?
(a) It turns into an active volcano.
(b) All of its inhabitants evacuate, leaving it abandoned.
(c) It is destroyed by the aliens.
(d) The island sinks into the sea like the legendary Atlantis.
9. What happens to the Earth?
(a) It is covered totally by water.
(b) It is reborn.
(c) It burns.
(d) It disintegrates.
10. What does Rashaverak suggest that George Greggson and Jean Morrel do as their children begin to change in mental and physical abilities?
(a) Hide their children from the crisis that is to come.
(b) Ask the children to teach their parents the same abilities.
(c) Spend as much time with their children as possible.
(d) Move their family to an island of the invaders' choosing.
11. Whom does George Greggson believe saves his eldest son from the tsunami?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) The invaders.
12. What is it that Jeffrey Greggson no longer needs as he seems to be changing into another life form?
(c) Human interaction.
13. What do the aliens do with the children in Chapter 21?
(a) Evacuate them.
(b) Vaccinate them.
(c) Put them in suspended animation.
(d) Unite them with their parents.
14. What does Vindarten do with Jan Rodricks?
(a) Plants his own thoughts in Jan Rodricks' mind.
(b) Shows Jan Rodricks the future.
(c) Tours the planet with him.
(d) Explains the invaders' true purpose for visiting Earth.
15. Charles Yan Sen compares the aliens' cultivation of Earth to:
(a) Human child-rearing practices.
(b) An anthropological experiment.
(d) Raising puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jan Rodricks see in the museum he visits?
2. What does watching what the invaders do with the children remind George Greggson of?
3. What do the aliens do while the children develop their powers?
4. Why does Professor Sullivan build a decoy whale?
5. What do the children do three years later when their minds are more closely connected?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)