|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Karellen reveal that Jan Rodricks was a stowaway on the alien ship?
(a) On a worldwide broadcast.
(b) At a press conference.
(c) In a conversation with Professor Sullivan.
(d) Through thought transference.
2. What does Karellen state was the reason for his occupation of Earth?
(a) To keep humans fron destroying the Earth.
(b) To keep humans from destroying themselves.
(c) To stop the advancements in science that would have potentially destroyed Earth.
(d) To unite all the nations of the Earth under a one-world government.
3. What do the aliens do with the children in Chapter 21?
(a) Put them in suspended animation.
(b) Unite them with their parents.
(c) Evacuate them.
(d) Vaccinate them.
4. What does Karellen plan to do with the children?
(a) Evacuate them.
(b) Quarantine them.
(c) Put them in suspended animation.
(d) Leave them with their parents for nurture and care.
5. Which invader does George Greggson meet with?
6. What is the name of the inactive volcano on the island?
(a) Mt. Doom.
7. What does Karellen decide to do as the end of civilization approaches?
(a) Enslave the world.
(b) Transport people from the Earth to a safe place.
(c) Address the world.
(d) Destroy the world.
8. What does Jan Rodricks see in the museum he visits?
(a) The history of the invaders.
(b) Exhibits from several planets, including Earth.
(c) An alien library.
(d) Antique alien spaceships.
9. Why do the invaders need to watch George Greggson's and Jean Morrel's children?
(a) Because they are becoming dangerous to their parents.
(b) Because they are taking on inhuman characteristics.
(c) Because they are a danger to each other.
(d) Because they are becoming dangerous to the invaders.
10. What does the new race do with the moon?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Colonize it.
(c) Fling it toward the sun.
(d) Make it spin.
11. Who is the founder of the community on the island compared to?
12. Why does Karellen grieve for humans?
(a) Because he had become so attached to them
(b) Because he had the opportunity to save them but didn't.
(c) Because they never reached their full potential.
(d) Because they were destroyed.
13. What does the device Karellen employs in the pressroom do?
(a) It discerns the thoughts of all those attending the press conference.
(b) It gives those attending the press conference the ability to see the future.
(c) It causes those attending the press conference to accept everything they hear from Karellen.
(d) It turns the pressroom into a makeshift planetarium
14. According to Karellen, what will humans develop?
(a) Telepathic abilities.
(c) The ability to travel at warp speed.
(d) A form of energy the higher power can feed from.
15. What is the name of the invaders' home planet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children involved in that lasts almost a year?
2. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
3. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
4. Who is Thanthalteresco?
5. What does Jan Rodricks see has happened to the children of Earth?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)