|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
(a) Sodium pentathol.
2. Why does Professor Sullivan build a decoy whale?
(a) The decoy will be easier for Jan to stow away in.
(b) A real whale would decompose.
(c) It's easier to fabricate a decoy than to "stuff" a real whale.
(d) A real whale would be too heavy for the alien ship.
3. The greatest achievement of the people in the island community comes in what field?
(c) Psychic ability.
4. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
(b) His parents.
(c) The invaders.
(d) Other planets and solar systems.
5. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
(a) The invaders appeared to early man.
(b) The invaders made cave paintings of themselves in areas where humans had not yet emerged.
(c) Some people throughout history have had psychic visions of the invaders.
(d) The invaders can morph into whatever appearance they please.
6. Who is Vindarten?
(a) The only alien who can read Jan Rodricks' mind.
(b) The only alien who doesn't have wings.
(c) The only alien who speaks English.
(d) The only alien who understands Jan Rodricks.
7. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A Jacuzzi.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A garage.
8. What does Karellen predict about Earth during his press conference in Chapter 14?
(a) Humans will ultimately destroy themselves.
(b) Humans will leave Earth permanantly.
(c) The perfect world he helped create will soon be obsolete.
(d) Humans will colonize other planets.
9. What is unique about Karellen's planet?
(a) It has no oceans.
(b) It has minimal land mass.
(c) It has an atmosphere toxic to humans.
(d) Whales once existed there, but are now extinct.
10. What does Jan Rodricks see has happened to the children of Earth?
(a) They have taken on the appearance of the invaders.
(b) They have all been located together on one continent.
(c) They have been scattered to all the continents of Earth.
(d) They all look identical.
11. Why do the invaders need to watch George Greggson's and Jean Morrel's children?
(a) Because they are taking on inhuman characteristics.
(b) Because they are a danger to each other.
(c) Because they are becoming dangerous to their parents.
(d) Because they are becoming dangerous to the invaders.
12. Charles Yan Sen compares the aliens' cultivation of Earth to:
(a) Raising puppies.
(b) An anthropological experiment.
(c) Human child-rearing practices.
13. What does Jan Rodricks observe that he also saw on the aliens' home planet?
(a) A glowing mountain.
(b) A museum.
(c) Aliens flying.
(d) A giant web of light and color covering the atmosphere.
14. The invaders were sent to Earth by:
(a) The Force.
(b) The United Federation of Planets.
(c) The Galactic Empire.
(d) A higher power.
15. What is the Overmind?
(a) The collective group mind of the invaders.
(b) The part of a human's brain that controls the will.
(c) The higher power.
(d) Karellen's true identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jan Rodricks come to realize after his return to Earth from the aliens' planet?
2. What alarms Jan Rodricks when he returns to Earth?
3. How does Karellen reveal that Jan Rodricks was a stowaway on the alien ship?
4. Why did the invaders build Utopia?
5. What is Jan Rodricks not allowed to photograph?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)