|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does George Greggson believe saves his eldest son from the tsunami?
(a) The invaders.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) His mother.
2. Why does Karellen grieve for humans?
(a) Because they never reached their full potential.
(b) Because they were destroyed.
(c) Because he had the opportunity to save them but didn't.
(d) Because he had become so attached to them
3. What do the remaining people on New Athens do after the aliens take action with their children?
(a) Band together to defeat the aliens.
(b) Decide how to live the rest of their lives.
(c) Plot how to rescue their children.
(d) Dissolve into mass warfare.
4. What happens to the island of Athens?
(a) The island sinks into the sea like the legendary Atlantis.
(b) It turns into an active volcano.
(c) All of its inhabitants evacuate, leaving it abandoned.
(d) It is destroyed by the aliens.
5. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
(a) His parents.
(b) The invaders.
(c) Other planets and solar systems.
6. Why is Professor Sullivan sad in Chapter 13?
(a) He knows he will never see Jan Rodricks again.
(b) He believes that he should be stowing away on the alien ship.
(c) He realizes he will not be able to do any more research on the aliens.
(d) He believes that Jan Rodricks should stay on Earth.
7. According to Karellen, what will humans develop?
(a) Telepathic abilities.
(b) The ability to travel at warp speed.
(d) A form of energy the higher power can feed from.
8. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
9. What happens to the Earth?
(a) It is covered totally by water.
(b) It burns.
(c) It disintegrates.
(d) It is reborn.
10. What is the name of the inactive volcano on the island?
(a) Mt. Doom.
11. What does Karellen plan to do with the children?
(a) Leave them with their parents for nurture and care.
(b) Quarantine them.
(c) Evacuate them.
(d) Put them in suspended animation.
12. What do the aliens do with Jan Rodricks?
(a) Take him with them back to their home planet.
(b) Make him part of the new race.
(c) Leave him in charge of their base.
(d) Return for him after he has recorded the activities of the new race.
13. What is unique about Karellen's planet?
(a) It has minimal land mass.
(b) It has no oceans.
(c) Whales once existed there, but are now extinct.
(d) It has an atmosphere toxic to humans.
14. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
(a) The invaders can morph into whatever appearance they please.
(b) The invaders made cave paintings of themselves in areas where humans had not yet emerged.
(c) The invaders appeared to early man.
(d) Some people throughout history have had psychic visions of the invaders.
15. Why is Karellen sad for his race?
(a) It is trapped by the Overmind.
(b) It is becoming extinct.
(c) It will never reach the potential of the new race on Earth.
(d) It is forced to perform the same tasks on some other planet as it did Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jan Rodricks see has happened to the children of Earth?
2. What does Thanthalteresco call George Greggson's oldest son?
3. What do the aliens do with the children in Chapter 21?
4. Where does Karellen send one of his fellow invaders?
5. What does Karellen predict about Earth during his press conference in Chapter 14?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)