|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new race do with the moon?
(a) Colonize it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Fling it toward the sun.
(d) Make it spin.
2. What bothers George Greggson about Jan Rodricks?
(a) That he will have information about the invaders that no one else has.
(b) That he will not age as much as those on Earth.
(c) That he will not return to Earth.
(d) That he will most likely die in space.
3. What is the name of George Greggson's daughter?
(a) Jennifer Anne.
(b) Elizabeth Anne.
(c) Carol Anne.
(d) Pepper Anne.
4. The invaders were sent to Earth by:
(a) The Force.
(b) The Galactic Empire.
(c) The United Federation of Planets.
(d) A higher power.
5. What does Jan Rodricks see in the museum he visits?
(a) An alien library.
(b) Antique alien spaceships.
(c) The history of the invaders.
(d) Exhibits from several planets, including Earth.
6. What does Thanthalteresco call George Greggson's oldest son?
(a) Subject Zero.
(b) Subject Infinity.
(c) Subject One.
(d) Subject Hero.
7. What do the children do three years later when their minds are more closely connected?
(a) Destroy all plant and animal life.
(b) Develop the ability to levitate and fly.
(c) Plan to overthrow the invaders.
(d) Destroy the remaining humans.
8. Who is Thanthalteresco?
(a) The peacekeeper.
(b) The inspector.
(c) The enforcer.
(d) The professor.
9. What happens to the Earth?
(a) It burns.
(b) It is reborn.
(c) It disintegrates.
(d) It is covered totally by water.
10. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son's dog?
11. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
12. What does Jennifer Greggson spend all her time doing?
13. What is Jan Rodricks not allowed to photograph?
(a) The alien-spacecraft launch site.
(b) A mountain surrounded by a strange ring of light.
(c) The inside of an invader's home.
(d) Alien children.
14. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
(a) A garage.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A Jacuzzi.
(d) A kitchen.
15. What is the effect of the drug Jan Rodricks injects himself with?
(a) It causes hallucinations.
(b) It puts him into a state similar to hibernation.
(c) It gives him a heightened sense of awareness.
(d) It gives him superhuman strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karellen explain the invaders' motives for occupying Earth?
2. What does Jan Rodricks see has happened to the children of Earth?
3. What do the aliens do while the children develop their powers?
4. Charles Yan Sen compares the aliens' cultivation of Earth to:
5. Why is Professor Sullivan sad in Chapter 13?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)