|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jennifer Greggson able to do as she begins to show evidences of change in Chapter 18?
(a) Speak in the same language as the invaders.
(b) Read her parents' minds.
(d) Shake a rattle without touching it.
2. Why is Karellen impressed with the whale display in Chapter 13?
(a) Because it is more easily transported than a real whale.
(b) There are no animals the size of a whale on Karellen's home planet.
(c) Because it is eerily lifelike.
(d) Because a whale is evidence of evolution.
3. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son?
4. What does Jennifer Greggson spend all her time doing?
5. What happens to the island of Athens?
(a) The island sinks into the sea like the legendary Atlantis.
(b) All of its inhabitants evacuate, leaving it abandoned.
(c) It turns into an active volcano.
(d) It is destroyed by the aliens.
6. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
(b) Sodium pentathol.
7. What do the aliens do while the children develop their powers?
(a) Observe from space.
(b) Select the less-intelligent children for extermination.
(c) Mingle with the children.
(d) Tutor the children.
8. Who is the founder of the community on the island compared to?
9. What is the name of the invaders' home planet?
10. What is causing grief to people all over the world?
(a) The loss of their freedom.
(b) The loss of their minds.
(c) The loss of their children.
(d) The loss of their planet.
11. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
(a) The invaders can morph into whatever appearance they please.
(b) The invaders appeared to early man.
(c) Some people throughout history have had psychic visions of the invaders.
(d) The invaders made cave paintings of themselves in areas where humans had not yet emerged.
12. What is the effect of the drug Jan Rodricks injects himself with?
(a) It gives him a heightened sense of awareness.
(b) It causes hallucinations.
(c) It puts him into a state similar to hibernation.
(d) It gives him superhuman strength.
13. What does Karellen plan to do with the children?
(a) Leave them with their parents for nurture and care.
(b) Evacuate them.
(c) Quarantine them.
(d) Put them in suspended animation.
14. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
15. What bothers George Greggson about Jan Rodricks?
(a) That he will most likely die in space.
(b) That he will not return to Earth.
(c) That he will have information about the invaders that no one else has.
(d) That he will not age as much as those on Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charles Yan Sen?
2. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
3. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
4. What comes as a warning prior to the tsunami?
5. Why do the invaders plan to return Jan Rodricks to Earth?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)