|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jan Rodricks come to realize after his return to Earth from the aliens' planet?
(a) He is an alien himself in human form.
(b) He is responsible for what the aliens have done.
(c) He had the opportunity to stop the aliens and failed to do so.
(d) He is the last man on Earth.
2. What does George Greggson's eldest son tell him about Thanthalteresco?
(a) He believes Thanthalteresco can read his mind.
(b) He believes Thanthalteresco wants to kidnap him.
(c) He believes Thanthalteresco is dying.
(d) He believes Thanthalteresco saved him from the tsunami.
3. What does watching what the invaders do with the children remind George Greggson of?
(a) The fall of Saigon.
(b) An old newsreel from one of the world wars.
(c) The Trail of Tears.
(d) The Exodus.
4. Where does Karellen send one of his fellow invaders?
(a) To Corinth.
(b) To Athens.
(c) To Ephesus.
(d) To Mars Hill.
5. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
(a) Other planets and solar systems.
(c) The invaders.
(d) His parents.
6. What does Jan Rodricks see has happened to the children of Earth?
(a) They have been scattered to all the continents of Earth.
(b) They have all been located together on one continent.
(c) They have taken on the appearance of the invaders.
(d) They all look identical.
7. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
(a) Sodium pentathol.
8. Why is Professor Sullivan sad in Chapter 13?
(a) He knows he will never see Jan Rodricks again.
(b) He believes that Jan Rodricks should stay on Earth.
(c) He realizes he will not be able to do any more research on the aliens.
(d) He believes that he should be stowing away on the alien ship.
9. What is unique about the island George Greggson and Jean Morrel visit?
(a) It is a colony made up of professors.
(b) It is a colony made up of artists.
(c) It is a colony made up of astronomers.
(d) It is a colony made up of zoologists.
10. What does the new race do with the moon?
(a) Colonize it.
(b) Fling it toward the sun.
(c) Make it spin.
(d) Destroy it.
11. What is Jan Rodricks not allowed to photograph?
(a) A mountain surrounded by a strange ring of light.
(b) Alien children.
(c) The inside of an invader's home.
(d) The alien-spacecraft launch site.
12. What does Rashaverak tell George Greggson and Jean Morrel about their children?
(a) They were randomly chosen for an experiment by a higher power.
(b) The children would be the last citizens of Earth.
(c) The aliens chose the children for immortality.
(d) The children would be transported to the invader's home planet.
13. What happens to the island of Athens?
(a) It turns into an active volcano.
(b) All of its inhabitants evacuate, leaving it abandoned.
(c) The island sinks into the sea like the legendary Atlantis.
(d) It is destroyed by the aliens.
14. What does Thanthalteresco call George Greggson's oldest son?
(a) Subject Zero.
(b) Subject Infinity.
(c) Subject Hero.
(d) Subject One.
15. What is causing grief to people all over the world?
(a) The loss of their children.
(b) The loss of their minds.
(c) The loss of their freedom.
(d) The loss of their planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
2. Why do the invaders need to watch George Greggson's and Jean Morrel's children?
3. What is it that Jeffrey Greggson no longer needs as he seems to be changing into another life form?
4. What does Karellen predict about Earth during his press conference in Chapter 14?
5. The greatest achievement of the people in the island community comes in what field?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)