|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jan Rodricks not allowed to photograph?
(a) The alien-spacecraft launch site.
(b) A mountain surrounded by a strange ring of light.
(c) Alien children.
(d) The inside of an invader's home.
2. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
3. Who offers the primary point of view in Chapter 14?
(a) Jan Rodricks.
(b) Rupert Boyce.
(d) Professor Sullivan.
4. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
(a) The invaders made cave paintings of themselves in areas where humans had not yet emerged.
(b) The invaders can morph into whatever appearance they please.
(c) The invaders appeared to early man.
(d) Some people throughout history have had psychic visions of the invaders.
5. What is it that Jeffrey Greggson no longer needs as he seems to be changing into another life form?
(b) Human interaction.
6. What does Karellen predict about Earth during his press conference in Chapter 14?
(a) The perfect world he helped create will soon be obsolete.
(b) Humans will colonize other planets.
(c) Humans will leave Earth permanantly.
(d) Humans will ultimately destroy themselves.
7. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel spend as much time as possible doing?
(a) Being with their pets.
(b) Being with their son.
(c) Planning the future.
(d) Conversing with the invaders.
8. What does Vindarten do with Jan Rodricks?
(a) Explains the invaders' true purpose for visiting Earth.
(b) Shows Jan Rodricks the future.
(c) Tours the planet with him.
(d) Plants his own thoughts in Jan Rodricks' mind.
9. Why do the invaders need to watch George Greggson's and Jean Morrel's children?
(a) Because they are becoming dangerous to the invaders.
(b) Because they are a danger to each other.
(c) Because they are taking on inhuman characteristics.
(d) Because they are becoming dangerous to their parents.
10. The greatest achievement of the people in the island community comes in what field?
(c) Psychic ability.
11. What does watching what the invaders do with the children remind George Greggson of?
(a) The Trail of Tears.
(b) The Exodus.
(c) An old newsreel from one of the world wars.
(d) The fall of Saigon.
12. What does George Greggson's eldest son tell him about Thanthalteresco?
(a) He believes Thanthalteresco saved him from the tsunami.
(b) He believes Thanthalteresco wants to kidnap him.
(c) He believes Thanthalteresco can read his mind.
(d) He believes Thanthalteresco is dying.
13. What does Rashaverak suggest that George Greggson and Jean Morrel do as their children begin to change in mental and physical abilities?
(a) Hide their children from the crisis that is to come.
(b) Move their family to an island of the invaders' choosing.
(c) Spend as much time with their children as possible.
(d) Ask the children to teach their parents the same abilities.
14. What happens to the island of Athens?
(a) The island sinks into the sea like the legendary Atlantis.
(b) All of its inhabitants evacuate, leaving it abandoned.
(c) It turns into an active volcano.
(d) It is destroyed by the aliens.
15. What does Karellen decide to do as the end of civilization approaches?
(a) Transport people from the Earth to a safe place.
(b) Enslave the world.
(c) Destroy the world.
(d) Address the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does George Greggson believe saves his eldest son from the tsunami?
2. Who is the founder of the community on the island compared to?
3. Why do the invaders plan to return Jan Rodricks to Earth?
4. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
5. What is the name of George Greggson's daughter?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)