|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son's dog?
2. What does watching what the invaders do with the children remind George Greggson of?
(a) The fall of Saigon.
(b) An old newsreel from one of the world wars.
(c) The Exodus.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
3. What does George Greggson's eldest son tell him about Thanthalteresco?
(a) He believes Thanthalteresco wants to kidnap him.
(b) He believes Thanthalteresco can read his mind.
(c) He believes Thanthalteresco is dying.
(d) He believes Thanthalteresco saved him from the tsunami.
4. Charles Yan Sen compares the aliens' cultivation of Earth to:
(b) Raising puppies.
(c) Human child-rearing practices.
(d) An anthropological experiment.
5. Who is Vindarten?
(a) The only alien who can read Jan Rodricks' mind.
(b) The only alien who speaks English.
(c) The only alien who understands Jan Rodricks.
(d) The only alien who doesn't have wings.
6. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
(a) The invaders appeared to early man.
(b) The invaders can morph into whatever appearance they please.
(c) Some people throughout history have had psychic visions of the invaders.
(d) The invaders made cave paintings of themselves in areas where humans had not yet emerged.
7. What does the device Karellen employs in the pressroom do?
(a) It causes those attending the press conference to accept everything they hear from Karellen.
(b) It turns the pressroom into a makeshift planetarium
(c) It gives those attending the press conference the ability to see the future.
(d) It discerns the thoughts of all those attending the press conference.
8. What does Karellen plan to do with the children?
(a) Put them in suspended animation.
(b) Leave them with their parents for nurture and care.
(c) Quarantine them.
(d) Evacuate them.
9. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
(a) Sodium pentathol.
10. What bothers George Greggson about Jan Rodricks?
(a) That he will not return to Earth.
(b) That he will most likely die in space.
(c) That he will have information about the invaders that no one else has.
(d) That he will not age as much as those on Earth.
11. Why does Karellen grieve for humans?
(a) Because they never reached their full potential.
(b) Because they were destroyed.
(c) Because he had the opportunity to save them but didn't.
(d) Because he had become so attached to them
12. What is Jan Rodricks not allowed to photograph?
(a) The alien-spacecraft launch site.
(b) A mountain surrounded by a strange ring of light.
(c) Alien children.
(d) The inside of an invader's home.
13. What does Vindarten do with Jan Rodricks?
(a) Shows Jan Rodricks the future.
(b) Explains the invaders' true purpose for visiting Earth.
(c) Plants his own thoughts in Jan Rodricks' mind.
(d) Tours the planet with him.
14. What comes as a warning prior to the tsunami?
(a) A siren.
(b) Police going door-to-door.
(c) A telepathic warning from the invaders.
(d) A television broadcast.
15. What does the new race do with the moon?
(a) Fling it toward the sun.
(b) Colonize it.
(c) Make it spin.
(d) Destroy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inactive volcano on the island?
2. What does Jan Rodricks see in the museum he visits?
3. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel see Jeffrey Greggson doing as the invaders take action with the children in Chapter 21?
4. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
5. What does Rashaverak suggest that George Greggson and Jean Morrel do as their children begin to change in mental and physical abilities?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)