|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vindarten?
(a) The only alien who understands Jan Rodricks.
(b) The only alien who can read Jan Rodricks' mind.
(c) The only alien who doesn't have wings.
(d) The only alien who speaks English.
2. The greatest achievement of the people in the island community comes in what field?
(b) Psychic ability.
3. Why do the invaders plan to return Jan Rodricks to Earth?
(a) Because he is discovered to have a disease the invaders cannot treat.
(b) Because they want him to act as ambassador.
(c) Because he is too hostile to the invaders.
(d) Because conditions on the alien planet would be too uncomfortable for him.
4. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son's dog?
5. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
(a) Stay on the island and die.
(b) Ask to accompany their children on the alien spacecraft.
(c) Try to stop the destruction of the island.
(d) Board a submarine to take them off the island.
6. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
7. What are the children involved in that lasts almost a year?
(a) Discovering the invaders' plans for them.
(c) Some sort of ritual dance.
(d) The rebuilding of society in the invaders' image.
8. What is causing grief to people all over the world?
(a) The loss of their children.
(b) The loss of their minds.
(c) The loss of their planet.
(d) The loss of their freedom.
9. What does Rashaverak tell George Greggson and Jean Morrel about their children?
(a) The children would be the last citizens of Earth.
(b) They were randomly chosen for an experiment by a higher power.
(c) The children would be transported to the invader's home planet.
(d) The aliens chose the children for immortality.
10. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel see Jeffrey Greggson doing as the invaders take action with the children in Chapter 21?
(a) Escaping from the aliens.
(b) Carrying his sister.
(c) Being carried by Karellen.
(d) Boarding the ship.
11. Who is Thanthalteresco?
(a) The enforcer.
(b) The professor.
(c) The peacekeeper.
(d) The inspector.
12. What does Jan Rodricks see in the museum he visits?
(a) An alien library.
(b) The history of the invaders.
(c) Exhibits from several planets, including Earth.
(d) Antique alien spaceships.
13. What is the Overmind?
(a) Karellen's true identity.
(b) The part of a human's brain that controls the will.
(c) The higher power.
(d) The collective group mind of the invaders.
14. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel spend as much time as possible doing?
(a) Planning the future.
(b) Conversing with the invaders.
(c) Being with their pets.
(d) Being with their son.
15. What does Rashaverak suggest that George Greggson and Jean Morrel do as their children begin to change in mental and physical abilities?
(a) Move their family to an island of the invaders' choosing.
(b) Ask the children to teach their parents the same abilities.
(c) Hide their children from the crisis that is to come.
(d) Spend as much time with their children as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vindarten do with Jan Rodricks?
2. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
3. Whom does George Greggson believe saves his eldest son from the tsunami?
4. What do the aliens do with Jan Rodricks?
5. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)