|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the island of Athens?
(a) It is destroyed by the aliens.
(b) The island sinks into the sea like the legendary Atlantis.
(c) It turns into an active volcano.
(d) All of its inhabitants evacuate, leaving it abandoned.
2. What alarms Jan Rodricks when he returns to Earth?
(a) The Earth is dark with no man-made lights.
(b) Human bodies.
(c) The Earth is totally covered with water.
(d) The Earth is devoid of all vegetation.
3. Why do the invaders plan to return Jan Rodricks to Earth?
(a) Because they want him to act as ambassador.
(b) Because conditions on the alien planet would be too uncomfortable for him.
(c) Because he is too hostile to the invaders.
(d) Because he is discovered to have a disease the invaders cannot treat.
4. Why is Karellen sad for his race?
(a) It is forced to perform the same tasks on some other planet as it did Earth.
(b) It is trapped by the Overmind.
(c) It is becoming extinct.
(d) It will never reach the potential of the new race on Earth.
5. What island do George Greggson and Jean Morrel visit?
(a) New Albany.
(b) New Athens.
(c) New Agribah.
(d) New Amsterdam.
6. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son?
7. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
(a) Try to stop the destruction of the island.
(b) Ask to accompany their children on the alien spacecraft.
(c) Board a submarine to take them off the island.
(d) Stay on the island and die.
8. What bothers George Greggson about Jan Rodricks?
(a) That he will not age as much as those on Earth.
(b) That he will have information about the invaders that no one else has.
(c) That he will not return to Earth.
(d) That he will most likely die in space.
9. What do the aliens do with Jan Rodricks?
(a) Take him with them back to their home planet.
(b) Leave him in charge of their base.
(c) Make him part of the new race.
(d) Return for him after he has recorded the activities of the new race.
10. Who is Vindarten?
(a) The only alien who doesn't have wings.
(b) The only alien who can read Jan Rodricks' mind.
(c) The only alien who speaks English.
(d) The only alien who understands Jan Rodricks.
11. Why do the invaders need to watch George Greggson's and Jean Morrel's children?
(a) Because they are becoming dangerous to their parents.
(b) Because they are a danger to each other.
(c) Because they are taking on inhuman characteristics.
(d) Because they are becoming dangerous to the invaders.
12. What is causing grief to people all over the world?
(a) The loss of their minds.
(b) The loss of their planet.
(c) The loss of their freedom.
(d) The loss of their children.
13. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
(d) Sodium pentathol.
14. Who offers the primary point of view in Chapter 14?
(a) Jan Rodricks.
(b) Rupert Boyce.
(c) Professor Sullivan.
15. Who is Charles Yan Sen?
(a) A theologian.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A poet.
(d) A psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inactive volcano on the island?
2. What does Jan Rodricks come to realize after his return to Earth from the aliens' planet?
3. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
4. What does Karellen decide to do as the end of civilization approaches?
5. How does Karellen reveal that Jan Rodricks was a stowaway on the alien ship?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)