|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the remaining people on New Athens do after the aliens take action with their children?
(a) Band together to defeat the aliens.
(b) Decide how to live the rest of their lives.
(c) Dissolve into mass warfare.
(d) Plot how to rescue their children.
2. Which invader does George Greggson meet with?
3. What comes as a warning prior to the tsunami?
(a) A siren.
(b) A television broadcast.
(c) A telepathic warning from the invaders.
(d) Police going door-to-door.
4. What is it that Jeffrey Greggson no longer needs as he seems to be changing into another life form?
(b) Human interaction.
5. What is Jennifer Greggson able to do as she begins to show evidences of change in Chapter 18?
(b) Speak in the same language as the invaders.
(c) Read her parents' minds.
(d) Shake a rattle without touching it.
6. What does watching what the invaders do with the children remind George Greggson of?
(a) The Exodus.
(b) The Trail of Tears.
(c) An old newsreel from one of the world wars.
(d) The fall of Saigon.
7. What does Karellen plan to do with the children?
(a) Quarantine them.
(b) Put them in suspended animation.
(c) Leave them with their parents for nurture and care.
(d) Evacuate them.
8. What do the children do three years later when their minds are more closely connected?
(a) Develop the ability to levitate and fly.
(b) Plan to overthrow the invaders.
(c) Destroy all plant and animal life.
(d) Destroy the remaining humans.
9. What does Karellen predict about Earth during his press conference in Chapter 14?
(a) Humans will ultimately destroy themselves.
(b) Humans will colonize other planets.
(c) The perfect world he helped create will soon be obsolete.
(d) Humans will leave Earth permanantly.
10. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
(a) His parents.
(c) Other planets and solar systems.
(d) The invaders.
11. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel spend as much time as possible doing?
(a) Being with their son.
(b) Being with their pets.
(c) Conversing with the invaders.
(d) Planning the future.
12. What is unique about Karellen's planet?
(a) Whales once existed there, but are now extinct.
(b) It has minimal land mass.
(c) It has no oceans.
(d) It has an atmosphere toxic to humans.
13. What bothers George Greggson about Jan Rodricks?
(a) That he will not age as much as those on Earth.
(b) That he will not return to Earth.
(c) That he will have information about the invaders that no one else has.
(d) That he will most likely die in space.
14. Who is Thanthalteresco?
(a) The enforcer.
(b) The professor.
(c) The peacekeeper.
(d) The inspector.
15. What drug does Jan Rodricks inject himself with after being smuggled on board the alien ship?
(b) Sodium pentathol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children involved in that lasts almost a year?
2. What is unique about the island George Greggson and Jean Morrel visit?
3. Why does Professor Sullivan build a decoy whale?
4. Why is Karellen sad for his race?
5. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel see Jeffrey Greggson doing as the invaders take action with the children in Chapter 21?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)