|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What island do George Greggson and Jean Morrel visit?
(a) New Athens.
(b) New Amsterdam.
(c) New Agribah.
(d) New Albany.
2. The greatest achievement of the people in the island community comes in what field?
(b) Psychic ability.
3. Why is Professor Sullivan sad in Chapter 13?
(a) He believes that Jan Rodricks should stay on Earth.
(b) He knows he will never see Jan Rodricks again.
(c) He realizes he will not be able to do any more research on the aliens.
(d) He believes that he should be stowing away on the alien ship.
4. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son?
5. Who offers the primary point of view in Chapter 14?
(a) Rupert Boyce.
(b) Jan Rodricks.
(d) Professor Sullivan.
6. What is the name of the invaders' home planet?
7. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
(a) A garage.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A Jacuzzi.
(d) A bathroom.
8. Who is Thanthalteresco?
(a) The inspector.
(b) The enforcer.
(c) The professor.
(d) The peacekeeper.
9. What is the name of the inactive volcano on the island?
(c) Mt. Doom.
10. What do the remaining people on New Athens do after the aliens take action with their children?
(a) Band together to defeat the aliens.
(b) Decide how to live the rest of their lives.
(c) Dissolve into mass warfare.
(d) Plot how to rescue their children.
11. Why is Karellen impressed with the whale display in Chapter 13?
(a) There are no animals the size of a whale on Karellen's home planet.
(b) Because a whale is evidence of evolution.
(c) Because it is eerily lifelike.
(d) Because it is more easily transported than a real whale.
12. What is the Overmind?
(a) Karellen's true identity.
(b) The collective group mind of the invaders.
(c) The higher power.
(d) The part of a human's brain that controls the will.
13. What is it that Jeffrey Greggson no longer needs as he seems to be changing into another life form?
(b) Human interaction.
14. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
(a) The invaders appeared to early man.
(b) The invaders made cave paintings of themselves in areas where humans had not yet emerged.
(c) Some people throughout history have had psychic visions of the invaders.
(d) The invaders can morph into whatever appearance they please.
15. What does Karellen plan to do with the children?
(a) Put them in suspended animation.
(b) Leave them with their parents for nurture and care.
(c) Quarantine them.
(d) Evacuate them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jennifer Greggson able to do as she begins to show evidences of change in Chapter 18?
2. What is Jan Rodricks not allowed to photograph?
3. What comes as a warning prior to the tsunami?
4. Why do the invaders plan to return Jan Rodricks to Earth?
5. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)