|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Overmind?
(a) Karellen's true identity.
(b) The part of a human's brain that controls the will.
(c) The collective group mind of the invaders.
(d) The higher power.
2. What does Jeffrey Greggson dream about after his family has relocated to its new home?
(a) His parents.
(c) The invaders.
(d) Other planets and solar systems.
3. Why do the invaders plan to return Jan Rodricks to Earth?
(a) Because he is too hostile to the invaders.
(b) Because he is discovered to have a disease the invaders cannot treat.
(c) Because they want him to act as ambassador.
(d) Because conditions on the alien planet would be too uncomfortable for him.
4. Who offers the primary point of view in Chapter 14?
(a) Professor Sullivan.
(b) Jan Rodricks.
(c) Rupert Boyce.
5. What alarms Jan Rodricks when he returns to Earth?
(a) The Earth is totally covered with water.
(b) The Earth is dark with no man-made lights.
(c) The Earth is devoid of all vegetation.
(d) Human bodies.
6. According to Karellen, what will humans develop?
(a) A form of energy the higher power can feed from.
(b) The ability to travel at warp speed.
(d) Telepathic abilities.
7. What does the new race do with the moon?
(a) Colonize it.
(b) Make it spin.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Fling it toward the sun.
8. What does watching what the invaders do with the children remind George Greggson of?
(a) The fall of Saigon.
(b) An old newsreel from one of the world wars.
(c) The Trail of Tears.
(d) The Exodus.
9. What is unique about the island George Greggson and Jean Morrel visit?
(a) It is a colony made up of professors.
(b) It is a colony made up of astronomers.
(c) It is a colony made up of artists.
(d) It is a colony made up of zoologists.
10. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son?
11. Whom does George Greggson believe saves his eldest son from the tsunami?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) His mother.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) The invaders.
12. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel see Jeffrey Greggson doing as the invaders take action with the children in Chapter 21?
(a) Boarding the ship.
(b) Being carried by Karellen.
(c) Escaping from the aliens.
(d) Carrying his sister.
13. Why is Professor Sullivan sad in Chapter 13?
(a) He believes that he should be stowing away on the alien ship.
(b) He knows he will never see Jan Rodricks again.
(c) He realizes he will not be able to do any more research on the aliens.
(d) He believes that Jan Rodricks should stay on Earth.
14. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
(a) Ask to accompany their children on the alien spacecraft.
(b) Stay on the island and die.
(c) Try to stop the destruction of the island.
(d) Board a submarine to take them off the island.
15. Why do the invaders need to watch George Greggson's and Jean Morrel's children?
(a) Because they are becoming dangerous to the invaders.
(b) Because they are becoming dangerous to their parents.
(c) Because they are a danger to each other.
(d) Because they are taking on inhuman characteristics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jennifer Greggson spend all her time doing?
2. Who is Charles Yan Sen?
3. The greatest achievement of the people in the island community comes in what field?
4. Where does Karellen send one of his fellow invaders?
5. What is the name of George Greggson's daughter?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)