|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of the drug Jan Rodricks injects himself with?
(a) It gives him superhuman strength.
(b) It puts him into a state similar to hibernation.
(c) It gives him a heightened sense of awareness.
(d) It causes hallucinations.
2. What does Jan Rodricks observe that he also saw on the aliens' home planet?
(a) A glowing mountain.
(b) A museum.
(c) A giant web of light and color covering the atmosphere.
(d) Aliens flying.
3. What does Karellen plan to do with the children?
(a) Put them in suspended animation.
(b) Leave them with their parents for nurture and care.
(c) Evacuate them.
(d) Quarantine them.
4. How does Karellen explain mankind's understanding of the invaders' devil-like appearance to Jan Rodricks?
(a) The invaders can morph into whatever appearance they please.
(b) The invaders appeared to early man.
(c) The invaders made cave paintings of themselves in areas where humans had not yet emerged.
(d) Some people throughout history have had psychic visions of the invaders.
5. According to Karellen, what will humans develop?
(b) A form of energy the higher power can feed from.
(c) Telepathic abilities.
(d) The ability to travel at warp speed.
6. Why is Karellen sad for his race?
(a) It is forced to perform the same tasks on some other planet as it did Earth.
(b) It is becoming extinct.
(c) It is trapped by the Overmind.
(d) It will never reach the potential of the new race on Earth.
7. What does George Greggson's eldest son tell him about Thanthalteresco?
(a) He believes Thanthalteresco is dying.
(b) He believes Thanthalteresco wants to kidnap him.
(c) He believes Thanthalteresco saved him from the tsunami.
(d) He believes Thanthalteresco can read his mind.
8. Where does Karellen send one of his fellow invaders?
(a) To Ephesus.
(b) To Mars Hill.
(c) To Athens.
(d) To Corinth.
9. Who is Thanthalteresco?
(a) The enforcer.
(b) The professor.
(c) The inspector.
(d) The peacekeeper.
10. What happens to the island of Athens?
(a) It is destroyed by the aliens.
(b) The island sinks into the sea like the legendary Atlantis.
(c) All of its inhabitants evacuate, leaving it abandoned.
(d) It turns into an active volcano.
11. What does Karellen decide to do as the end of civilization approaches?
(a) Address the world.
(b) Destroy the world.
(c) Enslave the world.
(d) Transport people from the Earth to a safe place.
12. What is the name of George Greggson's oldest son?
13. Children all over the world under the age of _____ are experiencing a transformation.
14. What is Jean Morrel shocked to find in her new home?
(a) A Jacuzzi.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A garage.
(d) A kitchen.
15. Who is the founder of the community on the island compared to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles Yan Sen compares the aliens' cultivation of Earth to:
2. What does Jan Rodricks come to realize after his return to Earth from the aliens' planet?
3. What alarms Jan Rodricks when he returns to Earth?
4. Why do the invaders need to watch George Greggson's and Jean Morrel's children?
5. What do George Greggson and Jean Morrel decide to do after the incidents on New Athens ?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)