|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jan Rodricks see in the museum he visits?
(a) The history of the invaders.
(b) Exhibits from several planets, including Earth.
(c) Antique alien spaceships.
(d) An alien library.
2. What does Karellen predict about Earth during his press conference in Chapter 14?
(a) The perfect world he helped create will soon be obsolete.
(b) Humans will ultimately destroy themselves.
(c) Humans will leave Earth permanantly.
(d) Humans will colonize other planets.
3. What do the remaining people on New Athens do after the aliens take action with their children?
(a) Band together to defeat the aliens.
(b) Dissolve into mass warfare.
(c) Decide how to live the rest of their lives.
(d) Plot how to rescue their children.
4. Why does Professor Sullivan build a decoy whale?
(a) A real whale would be too heavy for the alien ship.
(b) The decoy will be easier for Jan to stow away in.
(c) It's easier to fabricate a decoy than to "stuff" a real whale.
(d) A real whale would decompose.
5. Where does Karellen send one of his fellow invaders?
(a) To Mars Hill.
(b) To Ephesus.
(c) To Athens.
(d) To Corinth.
6. What is it that Jeffrey Greggson no longer needs as he seems to be changing into another life form?
(a) Human interaction.
7. What does Karellen plan to do with the children?
(a) Leave them with their parents for nurture and care.
(b) Quarantine them.
(c) Put them in suspended animation.
(d) Evacuate them.
8. What does Thanthalteresco call George Greggson's oldest son?
(a) Subject One.
(b) Subject Infinity.
(c) Subject Zero.
(d) Subject Hero.
9. Who is Thanthalteresco?
(a) The enforcer.
(b) The professor.
(c) The inspector.
(d) The peacekeeper.
10. Whom does George Greggson believe saves his eldest son from the tsunami?
(a) The invaders.
(b) His mother.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) The Coast Guard.
11. What comes as a warning prior to the tsunami?
(a) A siren.
(b) A television broadcast.
(c) Police going door-to-door.
(d) A telepathic warning from the invaders.
12. What does Vindarten do with Jan Rodricks?
(a) Explains the invaders' true purpose for visiting Earth.
(b) Shows Jan Rodricks the future.
(c) Plants his own thoughts in Jan Rodricks' mind.
(d) Tours the planet with him.
13. What does watching what the invaders do with the children remind George Greggson of?
(a) The fall of Saigon.
(b) The Exodus.
(c) An old newsreel from one of the world wars.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
14. What happens to the Earth?
(a) It is covered totally by water.
(b) It burns.
(c) It disintegrates.
(d) It is reborn.
15. What is the name of the inactive volcano on the island?
(b) Mt. Doom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karellen state was the reason for his occupation of Earth?
2. What is the name of George Greggson's daughter?
3. Who offers the primary point of view in Chapter 14?
4. According to Karellen, what will humans develop?
5. What alarms Jan Rodricks when he returns to Earth?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)