|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
(a) Oskar Schindler.
(b) Vladimir Lenin.
(c) Nikita Marx.
(d) Konrad Schneider.
2. Why do the invaders want to keep tabs on Jan Rodricks?
(a) They think he may be showing psychic ability.
(b) They are suspicious of his interest in their home planet.
(c) They think he is planning an insurrection againt the invaders.
(d) They think that he is a threat to their influence on Earth.
3. What does Rupert Boyce say Professor Sullivan will do?
(a) Deliver a hippo and a rhino to the invaders.
(b) Deliver a camel and a kangaroo to the invaders.
(c) Deliver a sperm whale and a giant squid to the invaders.
(d) Deliver a platypus and a wombat to the invaders.
4. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
(a) Convince the invaders that Earth's atmosphere is toxic.
(b) Destroy one of the ships with an atomic bomb.
(c) Destroy one of the ships with laser technology.
(d) Infect one of the ships with viruses.
5. In his farewell letter, what does Jan Rodricks express frustration about?
(a) Being unable to find the invaders' weak points.
(b) Being held hostage on Earth.
(c) Being unable to discern the invaders' true motives.
(d) Being unsure of his next step.
6. What possibility do Jan Rodricks and Rupert Boyce discuss in Chapter 11?
(a) The interbreeding of the aliens with humans.
(b) The rumor that the invaders are dying of an Earth disease.
(c) The chance that a human might go to the aliens' home planet.
(d) The opportunity of forcing the invaders to leave.
7. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) There was only one spaceship.
(b) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
(c) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(d) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
8. What is the name of the space shuttle being launched in Chapter 1?
9. What do the journalists and spectators present on the day the aliens reveal themselves want to experience?
(a) A photo op with the aliens.
(b) A direct word from Karellen.
(c) A tour of the spaceship.
(d) A first glimpse of the aliens.
10. What is the name of the colonel from Technical Intelligence?
11. What game does Jan Rodricks play with the guests at the party?
(c) Something similar to a Ouija board.
(d) Twenty Questions.
12. What special day does Chapter 5 deal with?
(a) The day the aliens go back to their home planet.
(b) The day the aliens give ultimatums to Earth.
(c) The day the aliens reveal themselves.
(d) The day the aliens begin their methodical destruction of mankind.
13. What does Pierre Duval conclude about the screen in the aliens' ship?
(a) It is a window to the invaders' home world.
(b) It is a device that allows the aliens to see the past.
(c) It is a video screen.
(d) It is a sheet of two-way glass.
14. What is Alexander Wainwright's chief issue with the occupation by the alien invaders?
(a) They are contributing to global warming.
(b) They are draining Earth's resources.
(c) They are frightening children.
(d) They are playing God.
15. What common ailment or condition does Rikki Stormgren suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the global language of Earth?
2. Against what country do the invaders take direct action?
3. In what year does Chapter 1 take place?
4. How does Pierre Duval conclude that Rikki Stormgren can see Karellen?
5. In what city does Chapter 2 begin?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)