|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karellen known as?
(a) Supervisor for Peace.
(b) Supervisor of Planetary Colonization.
(c) Supervisor for Earth.
(d) Supervisor of Humanity.
2. Where is the alien ship located in Chapter 5?
(a) Hovering over New York City.
(b) Resting in Central Park.
(c) In orbit over Earth.
(d) Hovering over Washington, D.C.
3. What does the fax Rikki Stormgren receives from the Freedom League say?
(a) The invaders are humans from the future.
(b) The invaders are not living beings at all - they are androids.
(c) The invaders have no physical form - they are pure energy.
(d) The identity of the invaders is too hideous to reveal.
4. Why do the extremists kidnap Rikki Stormgren?
(a) The extremists want to know how Rikki Stormgren communicates with the Overlords.
(b) The extremists want to brainwash Rikki Stormgren so that he will adopt their views.
(c) The extremists want to hide the aliens' only human contact from them.
(d) The extremists want to hold Rikki Stormgren for ransom.
5. Who is the first person Rikki Stormgren meets after his abduction?
6. Why does Jan Rodricks go to London?
(a) To attend the League of Nations.
(b) To attend a scientific symposium.
(c) To attend the International Astronomical Union.
(d) To meet with several of the aliens.
7. How does the leader of the invaders make first contact with the people of Earth?
(a) He appears on all television broadcasts worldwide.
(b) He guest hosts on "Saturday Night Live."
(c) He appears in a holographic image.
(d) He broadcasts over all radio stations worldwide.
8. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
(a) The reporter asks if the invaders are immortal.
(b) The reporter asks about the equipment Stormgren used to see Karellen.
(c) The reporter asks if the invaders have accomplished all they set out to do.
(d) The reporter asks if Karellen has revealed his future plans.
9. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
(a) Konrad Schneider.
(b) Oskar Schindler.
(c) Vladimir Lenin.
(d) Nikita Marx.
10. How does Earth's atmosphere affect the aliens?
(a) Earth's atmosphere causes a skin rash.
(b) They can breathe it, but need supplemental gas.
(c) They have to go through a detoxification process after being exposed to Earth's atmosphere.
(d) They can breathe it without effort.
11. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To intimidate humans.
(b) To keep watch over humans.
(c) To ultimately destroy humans.
(d) To encourage humans.
12. In what year does Chapter 2 begin?
13. What has revolutionized the Earth's economy?
(a) There is a one-world currency.
(b) Machines now do all the work.
(c) The aliens have introduced a new breed of primate that does all the work.
(d) There is no longer the need for currency.
14. Where do Rikki Stormgren and Pierre Duval meet to discuss Stormgren's findings on board the alien ship?
(a) League of Nations.
(b) Science Bureau.
(c) The Freedom League.
(d) Stormgren's Office.
15. Where does Jan Rodricks attend school?
(a) The University of Cairo.
(b) The University of Cape Town.
(c) The State University of New York.
(d) The University of Phoenix.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karellen give Rikki Stormgren after Stormgren's meeting with Pierre Duval?
2. What is the name of the alien visiting with Rupert Boyce in Chapter 7?
3. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
4. Why are some people still unsatisfied with Utopia?
5. To whom does Jan Rodricks write a farewell letter?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)