|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the invaders known as?
2. What does Karelllen do for Rikki Stormgren during their last meeting?
(a) Karellen kidnaps Stormgren.
(b) Karellen reveals himself to Stormgren.
(c) Karellen introduces Stormgren to several other invaders.
(d) Karellen lays out his future plans.
3. Why does Jan Rodricks go to London?
(a) To attend the International Astronomical Union.
(b) To meet with several of the aliens.
(c) To attend a scientific symposium.
(d) To attend the League of Nations.
4. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
(a) In an abandoned missle silo.
(b) In the offices of the Freedom League.
(c) In an abandoned mine.
(d) On the island of Taratura.
5. In what city does Chapter 2 begin?
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
6. Why do some humans still work?
(a) To work on communal farms.
(b) To serve the aliens.
(c) To serve others.
(d) To buy luxuries.
7. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
(a) Konrad Schneider.
(b) Nikita Marx.
(c) Oskar Schindler.
(d) Vladimir Lenin.
8. What does George Greggson desire to do with Jean Morrel?
(a) Make her his wife.
(b) Take her into hiding from the invaders.
(c) Use her for psychic experiments.
(d) Use her to spy on the invaders.
9. What happens when Rikki Stormgren doesn't show up for work?
(a) Pieter Van Ryberg is given a private meeting with the head of the invaders.
(b) Pieter Pieter Van Ryberg becomes acting Secretary-General of the U.N.
(c) The invaders say they have taken Rikki Stormgren into custody.
(d) Pieter Van Ryberg learns that Rikki Stormgren has defected to Russia.
10. What does Karellen look like?
(b) A 9-foot tall human.
(c) An octopus.
(d) The Egyptian god Ra.
11. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The Age of Aquarius.
(c) The Gilded Age.
(d) The Age of Reason.
12. To whom does Jan Rodricks write a farewell letter?
(a) Rupert Boyce.
(b) George Greggson.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother-in-law.
13. What is the first thing the spectators experience after a spaceship lands?
(a) An earsplitting roar.
(b) Karellen's voice.
(c) Earth tremors.
(d) A blinding flash of light.
14. Why do the invaders want to keep tabs on Jan Rodricks?
(a) They think that he is a threat to their influence on Earth.
(b) They are suspicious of his interest in their home planet.
(c) They think he is planning an insurrection againt the invaders.
(d) They think he may be showing psychic ability.
15. What is Karellen holding when he exits the spaceship , showing himself for the first time?
(a) An alien weapon.
(b) A copy of the Declaration of Independence.
(c) A copy of the Bible.
(d) Two humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Chapter 2 begin?
2. What is the name of the colonel from Technical Intelligence?
3. What does Chapter 10 describe?
4. In what year does Chapter 1 take place?
5. What does Professor Sullivan agree to help Jan Rodricks do?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)