|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
(a) Konrad Schneider.
(b) Oskar Schindler.
(c) Vladimir Lenin.
(d) Nikita Marx.
2. Where does the second half of Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Lake Lucerne, Switzerland.
(b) Lake Baikal, Russia.
(c) Lake City, Florida.
(d) Lake Voyenno, Russia.
3. How does Karellen free Rikki Stormgren?
(a) Rikki Stormgren is put in a temporary coma.
(b) Rikki Stormgren is beamed aboard the invaders' ship.
(c) By communicating through floating spheres.
(d) The exterior walls of Rikki Stormgren's cell are blasted away.
4. How do the aliens deal with Earth's gravity?
(a) They wear antigravity devices.
(b) They wear weighted uniforms.
(c) They wear weighted belts.
(d) They wear weighted shoes.
5. Against what country do the invaders take direct action?
(a) Republic of South Africa.
(b) Republic of the Congo.
6. What is the name of the space shuttle being launched in Chapter 1?
7. What does the American scientist see from the Pacific island?
(a) The launch of the Russian spacecraft.
(b) Russian submarines approaching the island.
(c) Russian troops storming the beaches.
(d) Shadows of the approaching alien ships.
8. In his farewell letter, what does Jan Rodricks express frustration about?
(a) Being held hostage on Earth.
(b) Being unsure of his next step.
(c) Being unable to discern the invaders' true motives.
(d) Being unable to find the invaders' weak points.
9. What is Alexander Wainwright's chief issue with the occupation by the alien invaders?
(a) They are frightening children.
(b) They are contributing to global warming.
(c) They are draining Earth's resources.
(d) They are playing God.
10. Who is the Assistant Commissioner for Nuclear Science of Russia?
11. What do Karellen and his supervisors say they will do in their meeting with Rikki Stormgren in Chapter 4?
(a) Depart the Earth in 50 years, leaving mankind with new technology.
(b) Take 50 humans with them to colonize another planet.
(c) Destroy the Earth in 50 years if mankind hasn't been able to remain peaceful.
(d) Set foot on Earth and reveal themselves in 50 years.
12. What did Jan Rodricks' father do?
(a) He was a wrestler.
(b) He was a magician.
(c) He was a clown.
(d) He was a lounge singer.
13. Where do Rikki Stormgren and Pierre Duval meet to discuss Stormgren's findings on board the alien ship?
(a) The Freedom League.
(b) League of Nations.
(c) Science Bureau.
(d) Stormgren's Office.
14. Why do the aliens find Jean Morrel valuable?
(a) Because she has an advanced immune system.
(b) Because she has memory of past lives.
(c) Because she has extraordinarily high IQ.
(d) Because she channeled a spirit.
15. How long does Jan Rodricks feel that it will take him to reach the aliens' home planet?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pierre Duval?
2. What does Karellen believe can achieve political harmony?
3. Although the media are very critical of Karellen's rule, the majority of humans are in favor of what?
4. What does Karellen do to the extremists when Karellen helps Rikki Stormgren escape?
5. Where did the American scientist and Russian scientist in Chapter 1 serve together at the end of WWII?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)