|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Assistant Commissioner for Nuclear Science of Russia?
2. What common ailment or condition does Rikki Stormgren suffer from?
3. What is Alexander Wainwright's chief issue with the occupation by the alien invaders?
(a) They are draining Earth's resources.
(b) They are contributing to global warming.
(c) They are frightening children.
(d) They are playing God.
4. What is the first thing the spectators experience after a spaceship lands?
(a) Karellen's voice.
(b) An earsplitting roar.
(c) Earth tremors.
(d) A blinding flash of light.
5. What does Karellen look like?
(a) A 9-foot tall human.
(b) The Egyptian god Ra.
(c) An octopus.
6. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To intimidate humans.
(b) To keep watch over humans.
(c) To encourage humans.
(d) To ultimately destroy humans.
7. What does Karellen believe can achieve political harmony?
(a) The elimination of religion.
(b) The forceful use of power.
(c) The elimination of illiteracy.
(d) The tactful use of power.
8. How does Pierre Duval conclude that Rikki Stormgren can see Karellen?
(a) By shining a bright flashlight through a two-way screen.
(b) By using an ultraviolet light.
(c) By using night-vision goggles.
(d) By luring Karellen outside of the alien ship.
9. What does Rikki Stormgren show Alexander Wainwright in Stormgren's office?
(a) A photograph of Karellen.
(b) A recording of discussions between Karellen and his supervisors.
(c) The draft of the World State's constitiution.
(d) Instructions for the Freedom League after Rikki Stormgren's death.
10. Why do the extremists kidnap Rikki Stormgren?
(a) The extremists want to hide the aliens' only human contact from them.
(b) The extremists want to hold Rikki Stormgren for ransom.
(c) The extremists want to brainwash Rikki Stormgren so that he will adopt their views.
(d) The extremists want to know how Rikki Stormgren communicates with the Overlords.
11. What is the name of the boat sighted off the shore of the Pacific island launch site?
(a) Andrea Dorea.
(b) New Leviathan.
(c) Black Pearl.
(d) James Forrestal.
12. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
(a) Infect one of the ships with viruses.
(b) Destroy one of the ships with laser technology.
(c) Destroy one of the ships with an atomic bomb.
(d) Convince the invaders that Earth's atmosphere is toxic.
13. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
(a) In an abandoned mine.
(b) In the offices of the Freedom League.
(c) On the island of Taratura.
(d) In an abandoned missle silo.
14. What has revolutionized the Earth's economy?
(a) Machines now do all the work.
(b) There is a one-world currency.
(c) There is no longer the need for currency.
(d) The aliens have introduced a new breed of primate that does all the work.
15. Where does the second half of Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Lake Baikal, Russia.
(b) Lake Voyenno, Russia.
(c) Lake Lucerne, Switzerland.
(d) Lake City, Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the American scientist and Russian scientist in Chapter 1 serve together at the end of WWII?
2. What message does Karellen give Pieter Van Ryberg after Van Ryberg shares information about Rikki Stormgren's abduction?
3. What is Karellen holding when he exits the spaceship , showing himself for the first time?
4. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
5. What does Pierre Duval conclude about the screen in the aliens' ship?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)