|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karelllen do for Rikki Stormgren during their last meeting?
(a) Karellen reveals himself to Stormgren.
(b) Karellen introduces Stormgren to several other invaders.
(c) Karellen kidnaps Stormgren.
(d) Karellen lays out his future plans.
2. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
(a) The Good Samaritan.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) David and Goliath.
(d) Jonah and the Whale.
3. What is the name of the boat sighted off the shore of the Pacific island launch site?
(a) Andrea Dorea.
(b) Black Pearl.
(c) New Leviathan.
(d) James Forrestal.
4. What do the journalists and spectators present on the day the aliens reveal themselves want to experience?
(a) A first glimpse of the aliens.
(b) A direct word from Karellen.
(c) A photo op with the aliens.
(d) A tour of the spaceship.
5. What group is reserved for the most important people on Earth?
(a) Category Purple.
(b) Category Red.
(c) Category Green.
(d) Category Orange.
6. What does Chapter 10 describe?
(a) The state of the world in 2010.
(b) The state of the world in 2001.
(c) The state of the world in 2050.
(d) The state of the world in 2025.
7. In his farewell letter, what does Jan Rodricks express frustration about?
(a) Being held hostage on Earth.
(b) Being unsure of his next step.
(c) Being unable to find the invaders' weak points.
(d) Being unable to discern the invaders' true motives.
8. Why do the extremists kidnap Rikki Stormgren?
(a) The extremists want to know how Rikki Stormgren communicates with the Overlords.
(b) The extremists want to hold Rikki Stormgren for ransom.
(c) The extremists want to hide the aliens' only human contact from them.
(d) The extremists want to brainwash Rikki Stormgren so that he will adopt their views.
9. Why do the aliens find Jean Morrel valuable?
(a) Because she has memory of past lives.
(b) Because she channeled a spirit.
(c) Because she has extraordinarily high IQ.
(d) Because she has an advanced immune system.
10. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
(a) Destroy one of the ships with an atomic bomb.
(b) Destroy one of the ships with laser technology.
(c) Infect one of the ships with viruses.
(d) Convince the invaders that Earth's atmosphere is toxic.
11. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
(a) In an abandoned missle silo.
(b) In an abandoned mine.
(c) On the island of Taratura.
(d) In the offices of the Freedom League.
12. Where did the American scientist and Russian scientist in Chapter 1 serve together at the end of WWII?
13. How does Pierre Duval conclude that Rikki Stormgren can see Karellen?
(a) By using night-vision goggles.
(b) By shining a bright flashlight through a two-way screen.
(c) By using an ultraviolet light.
(d) By luring Karellen outside of the alien ship.
14. How many hours a week do people typically work?
(d) All humans work from home and set their own hours.
15. What does Karellen give Rikki Stormgren after Stormgren's meeting with Pierre Duval?
(a) A draft of the new World State's constitution.
(b) A copy of the original Declaration of Independence.
(c) A timeline displaying the invaders' plans for the next 100 years.
(d) A written history of the aliens' work on Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
2. What happens to those invited on board the alien ship?
3. What does Professor Sullivan agree to help Jan Rodricks do?
4. Where does Jan Rodricks meet Professor Sullivan?
5. What happens when the spectators first see Karellen?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)