Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the leader of the extremist group described?
(a) A younger man with blue eyes and a Polish accent.
(b) An elderly man with gray eyes and a Welsh accent.
(c) A balding man with brown eyes and a Chinese accent.
(d) An elderly man who walks with a cane and has a Russian accent.
2. Where can the alien spacecraft be found in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) Hovering over Earth's major cities.
(b) Resting on open land around Earth's major cities.
(c) Concentrated over New York City.
(d) In continual orbit around the Earth.
3. What happens when the spectators first see Karellen?
(a) Some vomit.
(b) Some fall to their knees in worship.
(c) Some try to attack Karellen.
(d) Some faint.
4. In what year does Chapter 1 take place?
5. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(b) There was only one spaceship.
(c) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
(d) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
6. What is the global language of Earth?
7. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) Jonah and the Whale.
(c) David and Goliath.
(d) The Good Samaritan.
8. What happens when Rikki Stormgren doesn't show up for work?
(a) Pieter Pieter Van Ryberg becomes acting Secretary-General of the U.N.
(b) The invaders say they have taken Rikki Stormgren into custody.
(c) Pieter Van Ryberg is given a private meeting with the head of the invaders.
(d) Pieter Van Ryberg learns that Rikki Stormgren has defected to Russia.
9. What does Pierre Duval conclude about the screen in the aliens' ship?
(a) It is a video screen.
(b) It is a device that allows the aliens to see the past.
(c) It is a sheet of two-way glass.
(d) It is a window to the invaders' home world.
10. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
(a) Convince the invaders that Earth's atmosphere is toxic.
(b) Destroy one of the ships with an atomic bomb.
(c) Infect one of the ships with viruses.
(d) Destroy one of the ships with laser technology.
11. What does Rikki Stormgren show Alexander Wainwright in Stormgren's office?
(a) A recording of discussions between Karellen and his supervisors.
(b) The draft of the World State's constitiution.
(c) Instructions for the Freedom League after Rikki Stormgren's death.
(d) A photograph of Karellen.
12. Where do the aliens come from?
(a) NGS 549672.
(b) NCC 1701.
(c) BH 90210.
(d) THX 1138.
13. Why does Jan Rodricks go to London?
(a) To attend a scientific symposium.
(b) To attend the League of Nations.
(c) To meet with several of the aliens.
(d) To attend the International Astronomical Union.
14. What is the name of the alien visiting with Rupert Boyce in Chapter 7?
15. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To keep watch over humans.
(b) To ultimately destroy humans.
(c) To intimidate humans.
(d) To encourage humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common ailment or condition does Rikki Stormgren suffer from?
2. Who is the first person Rikki Stormgren meets after his abduction?
3. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
4. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
5. What does Chapter 10 describe?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)