|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karellen known as?
(a) Supervisor of Humanity.
(b) Supervisor for Peace.
(c) Supervisor for Earth.
(d) Supervisor of Planetary Colonization.
2. In Chapter 1, the United States and Russia are in a race to be the first to do what?
(a) Launch a spacecraft.
(b) Use nuclear power in submarines.
(c) Launch a communications satellite.
(d) Make contact with alien beings.
3. What does the American scientist see from the Pacific island?
(a) The launch of the Russian spacecraft.
(b) Shadows of the approaching alien ships.
(c) Russian troops storming the beaches.
(d) Russian submarines approaching the island.
4. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
(a) Konrad Schneider.
(b) Nikita Marx.
(c) Oskar Schindler.
(d) Vladimir Lenin.
5. What does Chapter 10 describe?
(a) The state of the world in 2010.
(b) The state of the world in 2050.
(c) The state of the world in 2001.
(d) The state of the world in 2025.
6. What is Alexander Wainwright's chief issue with the occupation by the alien invaders?
(a) They are contributing to global warming.
(b) They are frightening children.
(c) They are playing God.
(d) They are draining Earth's resources.
7. What does Rikki Stormgren show Alexander Wainwright in Stormgren's office?
(a) Instructions for the Freedom League after Rikki Stormgren's death.
(b) The draft of the World State's constitiution.
(c) A recording of discussions between Karellen and his supervisors.
(d) A photograph of Karellen.
8. What special day does Chapter 5 deal with?
(a) The day the aliens go back to their home planet.
(b) The day the aliens begin their methodical destruction of mankind.
(c) The day the aliens reveal themselves.
(d) The day the aliens give ultimatums to Earth.
9. Why do some humans still work?
(a) To serve others.
(b) To buy luxuries.
(c) To work on communal farms.
(d) To serve the aliens.
10. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
(a) The aliens are taking away human liberties.
(b) The aliens promote a one-world government.
(c) The aliens are making pacifists of mankind.
(d) The aliens promote racial intermarriage.
11. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To keep watch over humans.
(b) To intimidate humans.
(c) To encourage humans.
(d) To ultimately destroy humans.
12. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The Age of Reason.
(c) The Age of Aquarius.
(d) The Gilded Age.
13. What does Jan Rodricks see on the way to the ocean lab?
(a) Ruins of an alien spaceship.
(b) Unusual marine life.
(c) An alien submarine.
(d) A mutated whale.
14. Who is Pierre Duval?
(a) Head of the Science Bureau.
(b) Head of the Internal Revenue Service.
(c) Head of National Security.
(d) Head of the League of Nations.
15. What does Karellen do to the extremists when Karellen helps Rikki Stormgren escape?
(a) Erases their memories.
(b) Puts them in a state of temporary paralysis.
(c) Transports them to the alien ship.
(d) Causes them to go temporarily blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a week do people typically work?
2. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
3. When Karellen ultimately speaks prior to his revealing himself for the first time, what does he ask for?
4. What type of books does Rupert Boyce collect?
5. What do the journalists and spectators present on the day the aliens reveal themselves want to experience?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)