|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Jan Rodricks want Professor Sullivan to help him do?
(a) Use the submarine to go into hiding.
(b) Catalog the new forms of sea life he has discovered.
(c) Sneak onto the alien spaceship.
(d) Put a tracking/listening device inside one of the animals the aliens are taking.
2. What does Rupert Boyce say Professor Sullivan will do?
(a) Deliver a sperm whale and a giant squid to the invaders.
(b) Deliver a camel and a kangaroo to the invaders.
(c) Deliver a hippo and a rhino to the invaders.
(d) Deliver a platypus and a wombat to the invaders.
3. What does the American scientist see from the Pacific island?
(a) The launch of the Russian spacecraft.
(b) Shadows of the approaching alien ships.
(c) Russian submarines approaching the island.
(d) Russian troops storming the beaches.
4. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
(a) Oskar Schindler.
(b) Vladimir Lenin.
(c) Konrad Schneider.
(d) Nikita Marx.
5. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) The Good Samaritan.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) Jonah and the Whale.
6. Why do the extremists kidnap Rikki Stormgren?
(a) The extremists want to know how Rikki Stormgren communicates with the Overlords.
(b) The extremists want to hold Rikki Stormgren for ransom.
(c) The extremists want to hide the aliens' only human contact from them.
(d) The extremists want to brainwash Rikki Stormgren so that he will adopt their views.
7. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
(a) Rikki Stormgren.
(b) Rupert Boyce.
(d) Jan Rodricks.
8. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
(a) Destroy one of the ships with an atomic bomb.
(b) Destroy one of the ships with laser technology.
(c) Infect one of the ships with viruses.
(d) Convince the invaders that Earth's atmosphere is toxic.
9. In what city does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
10. How does Karellen free Rikki Stormgren?
(a) The exterior walls of Rikki Stormgren's cell are blasted away.
(b) By communicating through floating spheres.
(c) Rikki Stormgren is put in a temporary coma.
(d) Rikki Stormgren is beamed aboard the invaders' ship.
11. Who is the American scientist introduced in Chapter 1?
(b) Von Braun.
12. Why do the invaders want to keep tabs on Jan Rodricks?
(a) They think he may be showing psychic ability.
(b) They think that he is a threat to their influence on Earth.
(c) They are suspicious of his interest in their home planet.
(d) They think he is planning an insurrection againt the invaders.
13. What does Karellen do to the extremists when Karellen helps Rikki Stormgren escape?
(a) Puts them in a state of temporary paralysis.
(b) Transports them to the alien ship.
(c) Erases their memories.
(d) Causes them to go temporarily blind.
14. What happens to those invited on board the alien ship?
(a) They are levitated on board.
(b) They are morphed into different beings.
(c) They are beamed on board.
(d) They are executed.
15. What does George Greggson desire to do with Jean Morrel?
(a) Use her for psychic experiments.
(b) Make her his wife.
(c) Use her to spy on the invaders.
(d) Take her into hiding from the invaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rikki Stormgren believe about the two races, humans and Overlords?
2. Where does Jan Rodricks meet Professor Sullivan?
3. What is the first thing the spectators experience after a spaceship lands?
4. How many hours a week do people typically work?
5. What are the invaders known as?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)