|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
(a) The aliens promote racial intermarriage.
(b) The aliens are making pacifists of mankind.
(c) The aliens promote a one-world government.
(d) The aliens are taking away human liberties.
2. What group is reserved for the most important people on Earth?
(a) Category Orange.
(b) Category Purple.
(c) Category Green.
(d) Category Red.
3. What does Karellen believe can achieve political harmony?
(a) The elimination of religion.
(b) The elimination of illiteracy.
(c) The forceful use of power.
(d) The tactful use of power.
4. How long does Jan Rodricks feel that it will take him to reach the aliens' home planet?
(a) Six minutes.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
5. Where did the American scientist and Russian scientist in Chapter 1 serve together at the end of WWII?
6. To whom does Jan Rodricks write a farewell letter?
(a) George Greggson.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) Rupert Boyce.
7. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
(a) In an abandoned mine.
(b) In an abandoned missle silo.
(c) In the offices of the Freedom League.
(d) On the island of Taratura.
8. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The Age of Aquarius.
(c) The Age of Reason.
(d) The Gilded Age.
9. How is the leader of the extremist group described?
(a) An elderly man with gray eyes and a Welsh accent.
(b) A younger man with blue eyes and a Polish accent.
(c) A balding man with brown eyes and a Chinese accent.
(d) An elderly man who walks with a cane and has a Russian accent.
10. What causes the disillusion of many religious beliefs?
(a) The discovery of golden tablets.
(b) A device donated by Karellen that can show footage of the past 5,000 years.
(c) The total education of mankind and the end of illiteracy.
(d) The discovery of the Ark of the Covenant.
11. Why are newspapers of little value?
(a) There are few newsworthy events to report.
(b) All world news comes from one biased source.
(c) New technology has elimated paper and print.
(d) The aliens control all news about humans.
12. What is Karellen holding when he exits the spaceship , showing himself for the first time?
(a) An alien weapon.
(b) Two humans.
(c) A copy of the Declaration of Independence.
(d) A copy of the Bible.
13. Why does Jan Rodricks go to London?
(a) To attend a scientific symposium.
(b) To attend the International Astronomical Union.
(c) To attend the League of Nations.
(d) To meet with several of the aliens.
14. What device does Rikki Stormgren take with him on board the invaders' ship?
(a) A recording device to eavesdrop on the aliens' discussions.
(b) A camera for taking a photograph of Karellen.
(c) A homing beacon to monitor the whereabouts of Karellen.
(d) An x-ray device for looking behind the on-board screen.
15. What is the name of the alien visiting with Rupert Boyce in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alexander Wainwright?
2. How do the aliens deal with Earth's gravity?
3. Where does Rupert Boyce live?
4. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
5. What does Jan Rodricks see on the way to the ocean lab?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)