|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierre Duval conclude about the screen in the aliens' ship?
(a) It is a video screen.
(b) It is a window to the invaders' home world.
(c) It is a sheet of two-way glass.
(d) It is a device that allows the aliens to see the past.
2. What does George Greggson desire to do with Jean Morrel?
(a) Use her for psychic experiments.
(b) Take her into hiding from the invaders.
(c) Use her to spy on the invaders.
(d) Make her his wife.
3. What does Jan Rodricks examine at Rupert Boyce's home?
(a) Rupert Boyce's library.
(b) Rupert Boyce's wife.
(c) A stuffed gorilla.
(d) A stuffed elephant.
4. Where does Jan Rodricks meet Professor Sullivan?
(a) In the Mediterranean Sea.
(b) In the Gulf of Mexico.
(c) In the South Pacifc Basin.
(d) In the North Sea.
5. What is the name of Rupert Boyce's new wife?
6. How does Karellen free Rikki Stormgren?
(a) Rikki Stormgren is beamed aboard the invaders' ship.
(b) The exterior walls of Rikki Stormgren's cell are blasted away.
(c) Rikki Stormgren is put in a temporary coma.
(d) By communicating through floating spheres.
7. What are the invaders known as?
8. How many ships are actually present on or around Earth?
(c) More than 100.
9. Why does Rupert Boyce hold special interest for the aliens?
(a) The aliens are interested in his political views.
(b) The aliens are interested in his library.
(c) The aliens are interested in his new wife.
(d) The aliens are interested in his veterinary work.
10. What does the fax Rikki Stormgren receives from the Freedom League say?
(a) The invaders are not living beings at all - they are androids.
(b) The identity of the invaders is too hideous to reveal.
(c) The invaders are humans from the future.
(d) The invaders have no physical form - they are pure energy.
11. How does sunlight affect the aliens?
(a) They have to wear a special-formula sunscreen.
(b) They have to wear sunglasses.
(c) They have to wear protective clothing.
(d) They die if exposed to direct sunlight for too long.
12. How many hours a week do people typically work?
(a) All humans work from home and set their own hours.
13. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To keep watch over humans.
(b) To intimidate humans.
(c) To ultimately destroy humans.
(d) To encourage humans.
14. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
(a) Jan Rodricks.
(b) Rupert Boyce.
(c) Rikki Stormgren.
15. What device does Rikki Stormgren take with him on board the invaders' ship?
(a) A camera for taking a photograph of Karellen.
(b) A homing beacon to monitor the whereabouts of Karellen.
(c) A recording device to eavesdrop on the aliens' discussions.
(d) An x-ray device for looking behind the on-board screen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is reserved for the most important people on Earth?
2. What does Karellen look like?
3. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
4. What game does Jan Rodricks play with the guests at the party?
5. Why are professional sports obsolete?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)