|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(b) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
(c) There was only one spaceship.
(d) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
2. What is the role of Rikki Stormgren?
(a) Director of the League of Nations.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) Secretary-General of the United Nations.
(d) Head of the Centers for Disease Control.
3. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Age of Aquarius.
(b) The Golden Age.
(c) The Age of Reason.
(d) The Gilded Age.
4. After the aliens have established their rule on Earth, what evidence is seen of their influence?
(a) All of the above.
(b) No more poverty.
(c) No more sickness.
(d) No more war.
5. Where does Rupert Boyce live?
(a) In southeast Asia.
(b) In the middle of the African jungle.
(c) In the middle of the Amazon jungle.
(d) In New York City.
6. What does Rikki Stormgren show Alexander Wainwright in Stormgren's office?
(a) Instructions for the Freedom League after Rikki Stormgren's death.
(b) The draft of the World State's constitiution.
(c) A recording of discussions between Karellen and his supervisors.
(d) A photograph of Karellen.
7. Why is Jan Rodricks generally unsatisfied?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He doesn't like the scientific boundaries placed on humans by the invaders.
(c) He has romantic ideas about love.
(d) He had his heart broken by Rosita Tsien.
8. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
(a) The reporter asks if Karellen has revealed his future plans.
(b) The reporter asks if the invaders are immortal.
(c) The reporter asks if the invaders have accomplished all they set out to do.
(d) The reporter asks about the equipment Stormgren used to see Karellen.
9. Where can the alien spacecraft be found in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) Hovering over Earth's major cities.
(b) In continual orbit around the Earth.
(c) Resting on open land around Earth's major cities.
(d) Concentrated over New York City.
10. In Chapter 1, the United States and Russia are in a race to be the first to do what?
(a) Launch a communications satellite.
(b) Make contact with alien beings.
(c) Launch a spacecraft.
(d) Use nuclear power in submarines.
11. What does Jan Rodricks examine at Rupert Boyce's home?
(a) Rupert Boyce's library.
(b) Rupert Boyce's wife.
(c) A stuffed elephant.
(d) A stuffed gorilla.
12. What does Karellen believe can achieve political harmony?
(a) The elimination of religion.
(b) The forceful use of power.
(c) The tactful use of power.
(d) The elimination of illiteracy.
13. Against what country do the invaders take direct action?
(a) Republic of South Africa.
(d) Republic of the Congo.
14. Where does the second half of Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Lake Voyenno, Russia.
(b) Lake City, Florida.
(c) Lake Baikal, Russia.
(d) Lake Lucerne, Switzerland.
15. What is the name of the Pacific island that is the shuttle launch site?
(c) Bora Bora.
(d) Papeete Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jan Rodricks' mother do?
2. Why do some humans still work?
3. Why are newspapers of little value?
4. What special day does Chapter 5 deal with?
5. Where are George Greggson and Jean Morrel from?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)