|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Jan Rodricks want Professor Sullivan to help him do?
(a) Sneak onto the alien spaceship.
(b) Catalog the new forms of sea life he has discovered.
(c) Put a tracking/listening device inside one of the animals the aliens are taking.
(d) Use the submarine to go into hiding.
2. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
(a) Destroy one of the ships with laser technology.
(b) Infect one of the ships with viruses.
(c) Destroy one of the ships with an atomic bomb.
(d) Convince the invaders that Earth's atmosphere is toxic.
3. What is Karellen known as?
(a) Supervisor for Earth.
(b) Supervisor of Humanity.
(c) Supervisor of Planetary Colonization.
(d) Supervisor for Peace.
4. What does Rikki Stormgren believe about the two races, humans and Overlords?
(a) He believes the two races will ultimately destroy each other.
(b) He believes the two races will blend to become one.
(c) He believes the two races will coexist on earth.
(d) He believes the two races have met each other in the past.
5. Why is Jan Rodricks generally unsatisfied?
(a) He has romantic ideas about love.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He doesn't like the scientific boundaries placed on humans by the invaders.
(d) He had his heart broken by Rosita Tsien.
6. In what city does Chapter 2 begin?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
7. What happens when the spectators first see Karellen?
(a) Some faint.
(b) Some fall to their knees in worship.
(c) Some vomit.
(d) Some try to attack Karellen.
8. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
(a) The aliens are making pacifists of mankind.
(b) The aliens are taking away human liberties.
(c) The aliens promote a one-world government.
(d) The aliens promote racial intermarriage.
9. To whom does Jan Rodricks write a farewell letter?
(a) George Greggson.
(b) Rupert Boyce.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother-in-law.
10. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Gilded Age.
(b) The Age of Reason.
(c) The Golden Age.
(d) The Age of Aquarius.
11. What group is reserved for the most important people on Earth?
(a) Category Purple.
(b) Category Orange.
(c) Category Green.
(d) Category Red.
12. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
(a) Rupert Boyce.
(b) Jan Rodricks.
(c) Rikki Stormgren.
13. Why do some humans still work?
(a) To serve others.
(b) To serve the aliens.
(c) To work on communal farms.
(d) To buy luxuries.
14. Why does Rupert Boyce hold special interest for the aliens?
(a) The aliens are interested in his veterinary work.
(b) The aliens are interested in his library.
(c) The aliens are interested in his new wife.
(d) The aliens are interested in his political views.
15. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To intimidate humans.
(b) To encourage humans.
(c) To keep watch over humans.
(d) To ultimately destroy humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the space shuttle being launched in Chapter 1?
2. What is the global language of Earth?
3. What does Rupert Boyce say Professor Sullivan will do?
4. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
5. What does the fax Rikki Stormgren receives from the Freedom League say?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)