|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the colonel from Technical Intelligence?
2. What does Karellen give Rikki Stormgren after Stormgren's meeting with Pierre Duval?
(a) A copy of the original Declaration of Independence.
(b) A timeline displaying the invaders' plans for the next 100 years.
(c) A written history of the aliens' work on Earth.
(d) A draft of the new World State's constitution.
3. Why is Jan Rodricks generally unsatisfied?
(a) He had his heart broken by Rosita Tsien.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He doesn't like the scientific boundaries placed on humans by the invaders.
(d) He has romantic ideas about love.
4. What does the American scientist see from the Pacific island?
(a) The launch of the Russian spacecraft.
(b) Shadows of the approaching alien ships.
(c) Russian submarines approaching the island.
(d) Russian troops storming the beaches.
5. What is the role of Rikki Stormgren?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) Director of the League of Nations.
(c) Head of the Centers for Disease Control.
(d) Secretary-General of the United Nations.
6. What is the global language of Earth?
7. What did Jan Rodricks' father do?
(a) He was a lounge singer.
(b) He was a clown.
(c) He was a magician.
(d) He was a wrestler.
8. Who is Alexander Wainwright?
(a) Head of Interplanetary Study.
(b) Head of the Insurrection.
(c) Head of the Freedom League.
(d) Head of the Federation.
9. Where does the second half of Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Lake City, Florida.
(b) Lake Baikal, Russia.
(c) Lake Voyenno, Russia.
(d) Lake Lucerne, Switzerland.
10. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
(a) On the island of Taratura.
(b) In the offices of the Freedom League.
(c) In an abandoned mine.
(d) In an abandoned missle silo.
11. What does Jan Rodricks' mother do?
(a) She is a guidance counselor.
(b) She is a high school teacher.
(c) She is a college professor.
(d) She is an astronomer.
12. What does Pierre Duval conclude about the screen in the aliens' ship?
(a) It is a sheet of two-way glass.
(b) It is a device that allows the aliens to see the past.
(c) It is a video screen.
(d) It is a window to the invaders' home world.
13. What does Karelllen do for Rikki Stormgren during their last meeting?
(a) Karellen introduces Stormgren to several other invaders.
(b) Karellen kidnaps Stormgren.
(c) Karellen reveals himself to Stormgren.
(d) Karellen lays out his future plans.
14. What does Chapter 10 describe?
(a) The state of the world in 2001.
(b) The state of the world in 2025.
(c) The state of the world in 2050.
(d) The state of the world in 2010.
15. Where is the alien ship located in Chapter 5?
(a) In orbit over Earth.
(b) Hovering over New York City.
(c) Hovering over Washington, D.C.
(d) Resting in Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his farewell letter, what does Jan Rodricks express frustration about?
2. What is the name of the alien visiting with Rupert Boyce in Chapter 7?
3. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
4. What is Karellen known as?
5. How do the aliens deal with Earth's gravity?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)