|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jan Rodricks feel that it will take him to reach the aliens' home planet?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six minutes.
(d) Six years.
2. What are the invaders known as?
3. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
(a) Jan Rodricks.
(c) Rikki Stormgren.
(d) Rupert Boyce.
4. What is Karellen holding when he exits the spaceship , showing himself for the first time?
(a) Two humans.
(b) An alien weapon.
(c) A copy of the Declaration of Independence.
(d) A copy of the Bible.
5. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(b) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
(c) There was only one spaceship.
(d) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
6. What is the name of the alien visiting with Rupert Boyce in Chapter 7?
7. Why do the invaders want to keep tabs on Jan Rodricks?
(a) They are suspicious of his interest in their home planet.
(b) They think that he is a threat to their influence on Earth.
(c) They think he may be showing psychic ability.
(d) They think he is planning an insurrection againt the invaders.
8. What does Professor Sullivan agree to help Jan Rodricks do?
(a) Hide him from the invaders.
(b) Learn the native tongue of the invaders.
(c) Help him with his experiment.
(d) Write his memoirs.
9. What does Jan Rodricks examine at Rupert Boyce's home?
(a) A stuffed elephant.
(b) Rupert Boyce's wife.
(c) A stuffed gorilla.
(d) Rupert Boyce's library.
10. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) Jonah and the Whale.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) The Good Samaritan.
11. What is true about Earth in the 21st century?
(a) It has become totally communist.
(b) It has reached Utopia.
(c) It has become totally socialist.
(d) It has begun the colonization of other planets.
12. What will happen on Earth while Jan Rodricks travels to the alien planet?
(a) Eighty years will have passed.
(b) Eighty minutes will have passed.
(c) Time will stand still.
(d) Time will move backward.
13. After the aliens have established their rule on Earth, what evidence is seen of their influence?
(a) All of the above.
(b) No more poverty.
(c) No more war.
(d) No more sickness.
14. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To intimidate humans.
(b) To encourage humans.
(c) To keep watch over humans.
(d) To ultimately destroy humans.
15. Why do the aliens find Jean Morrel valuable?
(a) Because she has an advanced immune system.
(b) Because she channeled a spirit.
(c) Because she has memory of past lives.
(d) Because she has extraordinarily high IQ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the aliens come from?
2. What happens when the spectators first see Karellen?
3. What is the name of the space shuttle being launched in Chapter 1?
4. What is the role of Rikki Stormgren?
5. Why are newspapers of little value?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)