|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
(a) In an abandoned mine.
(b) In an abandoned missle silo.
(c) In the offices of the Freedom League.
(d) On the island of Taratura.
2. Who is the American scientist introduced in Chapter 1?
(c) Von Braun.
3. In what year does Chapter 2 begin?
4. What message does Karellen give Pieter Van Ryberg after Van Ryberg shares information about Rikki Stormgren's abduction?
(a) "Use your best judgment."
(b) "I will now communicate only with you."
(c) "We will make our appearance very soon."
(d) "I will locate Stormgren."
5. What does Jan Rodricks' mother do?
(a) She is an astronomer.
(b) She is a high school teacher.
(c) She is a college professor.
(d) She is a guidance counselor.
6. Why do the aliens find Jean Morrel valuable?
(a) Because she has extraordinarily high IQ.
(b) Because she has memory of past lives.
(c) Because she channeled a spirit.
(d) Because she has an advanced immune system.
7. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
(a) The reporter asks about the equipment Stormgren used to see Karellen.
(b) The reporter asks if the invaders are immortal.
(c) The reporter asks if the invaders have accomplished all they set out to do.
(d) The reporter asks if Karellen has revealed his future plans.
8. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
(a) The aliens are taking away human liberties.
(b) The aliens promote racial intermarriage.
(c) The aliens promote a one-world government.
(d) The aliens are making pacifists of mankind.
9. What is the role of Rikki Stormgren?
(a) Secretary-General of the United Nations.
(b) Head of the Centers for Disease Control.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) Director of the League of Nations.
10. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
(a) Rikki Stormgren.
(b) Rupert Boyce.
(c) Jan Rodricks.
11. What is Alexander Wainwright's chief issue with the occupation by the alien invaders?
(a) They are frightening children.
(b) They are contributing to global warming.
(c) They are playing God.
(d) They are draining Earth's resources.
12. What group is reserved for the most important people on Earth?
(a) Category Purple.
(b) Category Green.
(c) Category Orange.
(d) Category Red.
13. Why does Jan Rodricks go to London?
(a) To meet with several of the aliens.
(b) To attend the League of Nations.
(c) To attend a scientific symposium.
(d) To attend the International Astronomical Union.
14. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
(a) Infect one of the ships with viruses.
(b) Destroy one of the ships with laser technology.
(c) Convince the invaders that Earth's atmosphere is toxic.
(d) Destroy one of the ships with an atomic bomb.
15. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(b) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
(c) There was only one spaceship.
(d) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the United States and Russia are in a race to be the first to do what?
2. What does Karellen look like?
3. What does Pierre Duval conclude about the screen in the aliens' ship?
4. What does the American scientist see from the Pacific island?
5. After the aliens have established their rule on Earth, what evidence is seen of their influence?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)