|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jan Rodricks meet Professor Sullivan?
(a) In the North Sea.
(b) In the Mediterranean Sea.
(c) In the Gulf of Mexico.
(d) In the South Pacifc Basin.
2. What are the invaders known as?
3. What purpose do the alien ships on or around Earth serve?
(a) To intimidate humans.
(b) To ultimately destroy humans.
(c) To encourage humans.
(d) To keep watch over humans.
4. When Karellen ultimately speaks prior to his revealing himself for the first time, what does he ask for?
(a) A camera crew.
(b) A meeting with Rikki Stormgren.
(c) Two children.
(d) A meeting with the president.
5. How does Karellen free Rikki Stormgren?
(a) Rikki Stormgren is put in a temporary coma.
(b) Rikki Stormgren is beamed aboard the invaders' ship.
(c) By communicating through floating spheres.
(d) The exterior walls of Rikki Stormgren's cell are blasted away.
6. What is the result of people working less?
(a) People have become atrophied.
(b) People have more time for scientific research.
(c) People have more time to devote to family.
(d) People have more time for leisure.
7. Where does Rupert Boyce live?
(a) In southeast Asia.
(b) In the middle of the African jungle.
(c) In New York City.
(d) In the middle of the Amazon jungle.
8. What does Jan Rodricks examine at Rupert Boyce's home?
(a) Rupert Boyce's wife.
(b) A stuffed gorilla.
(c) A stuffed elephant.
(d) Rupert Boyce's library.
9. What is Karellen known as?
(a) Supervisor of Planetary Colonization.
(b) Supervisor of Humanity.
(c) Supervisor for Peace.
(d) Supervisor for Earth.
10. What has happened to the countries of Earth?
(a) Each country has an ambassador to the aliens.
(b) They are all united, but have kept their original names.
(c) Each one has been given autonomy over their people.
(d) They have been divided into four geographic regions.
11. What game does Jan Rodricks play with the guests at the party?
(a) Something similar to a Ouija board.
(c) Twenty Questions.
12. Although the media are very critical of Karellen's rule, the majority of humans are in favor of what?
(a) Karellen's goal of transporting all humans to another planet.
(b) Karellen's goal of ending racism.
(c) Karellen's goal of ending global warming.
(d) Karellen's goal of world peace.
13. Where is the alien ship located in Chapter 5?
(a) Resting in Central Park.
(b) Hovering over Washington, D.C.
(c) Hovering over New York City.
(d) In orbit over Earth.
14. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
(a) The aliens are making pacifists of mankind.
(b) The aliens promote a one-world government.
(c) The aliens are taking away human liberties.
(d) The aliens promote racial intermarriage.
15. What will happen on Earth while Jan Rodricks travels to the alien planet?
(a) Time will move backward.
(b) Eighty minutes will have passed.
(c) Time will stand still.
(d) Eighty years will have passed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
2. Why do some humans still work?
3. Why are newspapers of little value?
4. Who is Pierre Duval?
5. What is the name of the space shuttle being launched in Chapter 1?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)