|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of Rikki Stormgren?
(a) Secretary-General of the United Nations.
(b) Director of the League of Nations.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) Head of the Centers for Disease Control.
2. What is the name of the Pacific island that is the shuttle launch site?
(b) Papeete Bay.
(d) Bora Bora.
3. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) There was only one spaceship.
(b) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
(c) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(d) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
4. Where does Jan Rodricks meet Professor Sullivan?
(a) In the Mediterranean Sea.
(b) In the Gulf of Mexico.
(c) In the South Pacifc Basin.
(d) In the North Sea.
5. What is the global language of Earth?
6. Where does Jan Rodricks attend school?
(a) The University of Cairo.
(b) The University of Cape Town.
(c) The State University of New York.
(d) The University of Phoenix.
7. Where is the alien ship located in Chapter 5?
(a) Resting in Central Park.
(b) Hovering over Washington, D.C.
(c) In orbit over Earth.
(d) Hovering over New York City.
8. What game does Jan Rodricks play with the guests at the party?
(a) Twenty Questions.
(d) Something similar to a Ouija board.
9. What type of books does Rupert Boyce collect?
(a) Books on human behavior.
(b) Books on animal husbandry.
(c) Science fiction books.
(d) Books on magic, telepathy, and other unexplained phenomena.
10. In what year does Chapter 1 take place?
11. What is Rikki Stormgren able to accomplish on the aliens' ship with the device he carries on board?
(a) Get a glimpse of who he believes to be Karellen.
(b) He kills Karellen.
(c) Hear details of the invaders' real plans for Earth.
(d) Determine where the aliens are going after they leave Earth.
12. In Chapter 1, the United States and Russia are in a race to be the first to do what?
(a) Launch a spacecraft.
(b) Launch a communications satellite.
(c) Make contact with alien beings.
(d) Use nuclear power in submarines.
13. How long does Jan Rodricks feel that it will take him to reach the aliens' home planet?
(a) Six minutes.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
14. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Age of Reason.
(b) The Age of Aquarius.
(c) The Golden Age.
(d) The Gilded Age.
15. Why do the invaders want to keep tabs on Jan Rodricks?
(a) They think that he is a threat to their influence on Earth.
(b) They think he is planning an insurrection againt the invaders.
(c) They think he may be showing psychic ability.
(d) They are suspicious of his interest in their home planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
2. What do Karellen and his supervisors say they will do in their meeting with Rikki Stormgren in Chapter 4?
3. What is the result of people working less?
4. After the aliens have established their rule on Earth, what evidence is seen of their influence?
5. Where are George Greggson and Jean Morrel from?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)