|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the global language of Earth?
2. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
(b) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
(c) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
(d) There was only one spaceship.
3. What does Pierre Duval conclude about the screen in the aliens' ship?
(a) It is a window to the invaders' home world.
(b) It is a sheet of two-way glass.
(c) It is a video screen.
(d) It is a device that allows the aliens to see the past.
4. What is Rikki Stormgren able to accomplish on the aliens' ship with the device he carries on board?
(a) Hear details of the invaders' real plans for Earth.
(b) He kills Karellen.
(c) Get a glimpse of who he believes to be Karellen.
(d) Determine where the aliens are going after they leave Earth.
5. What is Pieter Van Ryberg's theory?
(a) The invaders have secretly been on Earth for centuries.
(b) The invaders came to Earth to collect animals and humans for a galactic zoo.
(c) The invaders want to take humans as mates.
(d) The invaders are searching for a home.
6. What is the first thing the spectators experience after a spaceship lands?
(a) An earsplitting roar.
(b) Karellen's voice.
(c) Earth tremors.
(d) A blinding flash of light.
7. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) Jonah and the Whale.
(c) The Good Samaritan.
(d) David and Goliath.
8. Why is Jan Rodricks generally unsatisfied?
(a) He had his heart broken by Rosita Tsien.
(b) He has romantic ideas about love.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He doesn't like the scientific boundaries placed on humans by the invaders.
9. What does George Greggson desire to do with Jean Morrel?
(a) Make her his wife.
(b) Use her to spy on the invaders.
(c) Take her into hiding from the invaders.
(d) Use her for psychic experiments.
10. Where is Rikki Stormgren being held captive?
(a) In an abandoned mine.
(b) On the island of Taratura.
(c) In the offices of the Freedom League.
(d) In an abandoned missle silo.
11. What does Rikki Stormgren believe about the two races, humans and Overlords?
(a) He believes the two races have met each other in the past.
(b) He believes the two races will blend to become one.
(c) He believes the two races will coexist on earth.
(d) He believes the two races will ultimately destroy each other.
12. What does Rupert Boyce say Professor Sullivan will do?
(a) Deliver a hippo and a rhino to the invaders.
(b) Deliver a camel and a kangaroo to the invaders.
(c) Deliver a platypus and a wombat to the invaders.
(d) Deliver a sperm whale and a giant squid to the invaders.
13. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
(a) The aliens promote racial intermarriage.
(b) The aliens are taking away human liberties.
(c) The aliens are making pacifists of mankind.
(d) The aliens promote a one-world government.
14. Why does Jan Rodricks go to London?
(a) To attend a scientific symposium.
(b) To meet with several of the aliens.
(c) To attend the International Astronomical Union.
(d) To attend the League of Nations.
15. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Golden Age.
(b) The Age of Reason.
(c) The Gilded Age.
(d) The Age of Aquarius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
2. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
3. What does Jan Rodricks see on the way to the ocean lab?
4. What does Karellen do to the extremists when Karellen helps Rikki Stormgren escape?
5. Against what country do the invaders take direct action?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)