|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karellen do to the extremists when Karellen helps Rikki Stormgren escape?
(a) Puts them in a state of temporary paralysis.
(b) Causes them to go temporarily blind.
(c) Erases their memories.
(d) Transports them to the alien ship.
2. Why do the extremists kidnap Rikki Stormgren?
(a) The extremists want to brainwash Rikki Stormgren so that he will adopt their views.
(b) The extremists want to hide the aliens' only human contact from them.
(c) The extremists want to hold Rikki Stormgren for ransom.
(d) The extremists want to know how Rikki Stormgren communicates with the Overlords.
3. Whom does Karellen meet with in his office in Chapter 9?
(a) Jan Rodricks.
(c) Rupert Boyce.
(d) Rikki Stormgren.
4. What type of books does Rupert Boyce collect?
(a) Books on magic, telepathy, and other unexplained phenomena.
(b) Books on animal husbandry.
(c) Books on human behavior.
(d) Science fiction books.
5. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
(a) Infect one of the ships with viruses.
(b) Destroy one of the ships with laser technology.
(c) Convince the invaders that Earth's atmosphere is toxic.
(d) Destroy one of the ships with an atomic bomb.
6. How does the leader of the invaders make first contact with the people of Earth?
(a) He broadcasts over all radio stations worldwide.
(b) He appears in a holographic image.
(c) He appears on all television broadcasts worldwide.
(d) He guest hosts on "Saturday Night Live."
7. What does Chapter 10 describe?
(a) The state of the world in 2001.
(b) The state of the world in 2050.
(c) The state of the world in 2010.
(d) The state of the world in 2025.
8. When Karellen ultimately speaks prior to his revealing himself for the first time, what does he ask for?
(a) A camera crew.
(b) Two children.
(c) A meeting with Rikki Stormgren.
(d) A meeting with the president.
9. What is the role of Rikki Stormgren?
(a) Secretary-General of the United Nations.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) Head of the Centers for Disease Control.
(d) Director of the League of Nations.
10. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
(a) There was only one spaceship.
(b) The spaceships used warp drive to reach Earth.
(c) The spaceships were actually made on Earth eons earlier.
(d) The spaceships were equipped with weapons that could destroy Earth.
11. Who is Alexander Wainwright?
(a) Head of the Insurrection.
(b) Head of Interplanetary Study.
(c) Head of the Freedom League.
(d) Head of the Federation.
12. What is true about Earth in the 21st century?
(a) It has reached Utopia.
(b) It has become totally communist.
(c) It has become totally socialist.
(d) It has begun the colonization of other planets.
13. Where do the aliens come from?
(a) NCC 1701.
(b) NGS 549672.
(c) BH 90210.
(d) THX 1138.
14. What does the fax Rikki Stormgren receives from the Freedom League say?
(a) The invaders are not living beings at all - they are androids.
(b) The identity of the invaders is too hideous to reveal.
(c) The invaders have no physical form - they are pure energy.
(d) The invaders are humans from the future.
15. What message does Karellen give Pieter Van Ryberg after Van Ryberg shares information about Rikki Stormgren's abduction?
(a) "We will make our appearance very soon."
(b) "I will locate Stormgren."
(c) "I will now communicate only with you."
(d) "Use your best judgment."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karellen holding when he exits the spaceship , showing himself for the first time?
2. What is the result of people working less?
3. What does Pierre Duval conclude about the screen in the aliens' ship?
4. What happens to those invited on board the alien ship?
5. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)