|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the leader of the extremist group described?
(a) An elderly man who walks with a cane and has a Russian accent.
(b) A younger man with blue eyes and a Polish accent.
(c) A balding man with brown eyes and a Chinese accent.
(d) An elderly man with gray eyes and a Welsh accent.
2. Where do Rikki Stormgren and Pierre Duval meet to discuss Stormgren's findings on board the alien ship?
(a) Stormgren's Office.
(b) League of Nations.
(c) Science Bureau.
(d) The Freedom League.
3. Why are professional sports obsolete?
(a) The planet is overrrun with superior athletes.
(b) Amateur sports have taken the place of professional sports.
(c) Sports distract from the overall goals of mankind.
(d) Sports have become too competitive.
4. What happens when Rikki Stormgren doesn't show up for work?
(a) Pieter Van Ryberg is given a private meeting with the head of the invaders.
(b) Pieter Van Ryberg learns that Rikki Stormgren has defected to Russia.
(c) Pieter Pieter Van Ryberg becomes acting Secretary-General of the U.N.
(d) The invaders say they have taken Rikki Stormgren into custody.
5. What will happen on Earth while Jan Rodricks travels to the alien planet?
(a) Eighty years will have passed.
(b) Time will move backward.
(c) Eighty minutes will have passed.
(d) Time will stand still.
6. Why do the extremists kidnap Rikki Stormgren?
(a) The extremists want to hide the aliens' only human contact from them.
(b) The extremists want to brainwash Rikki Stormgren so that he will adopt their views.
(c) The extremists want to know how Rikki Stormgren communicates with the Overlords.
(d) The extremists want to hold Rikki Stormgren for ransom.
7. How do the aliens deal with Earth's gravity?
(a) They wear antigravity devices.
(b) They wear weighted shoes.
(c) They wear weighted uniforms.
(d) They wear weighted belts.
8. What does the reporter ask Rikki Stormgren 50 years after his final encounter with Karellen?
(a) The reporter asks if the invaders have accomplished all they set out to do.
(b) The reporter asks if the invaders are immortal.
(c) The reporter asks if Karellen has revealed his future plans.
(d) The reporter asks about the equipment Stormgren used to see Karellen.
9. What is the name of the colonel from Technical Intelligence?
10. What is the name of the alien visiting with Rupert Boyce in Chapter 7?
11. How many ships are actually present on or around Earth?
(d) More than 100.
12. Where are George Greggson and Jean Morrel from?
13. Who is the American scientist introduced in Chapter 1?
(b) Von Braun.
14. Where did the American scientist and Russian scientist in Chapter 1 serve together at the end of WWII?
15. What does Karellen believe can achieve political harmony?
(a) The elimination of religion.
(b) The forceful use of power.
(c) The elimination of illiteracy.
(d) The tactful use of power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pierre Duval conclude that Rikki Stormgren can see Karellen?
2. In what year does Chapter 2 begin?
3. What special day does Chapter 5 deal with?
4. What device does Rikki Stormgren take with him on board the invaders' ship?
5. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)