|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the journalists and spectators present on the day the aliens reveal themselves want to experience?
(a) A photo op with the aliens.
(b) A direct word from Karellen.
(c) A tour of the spaceship.
(d) A first glimpse of the aliens.
2. What has revolutionized the Earth's economy?
(a) Machines now do all the work.
(b) There is a one-world currency.
(c) The aliens have introduced a new breed of primate that does all the work.
(d) There is no longer the need for currency.
3. What is the role of Rikki Stormgren?
(a) Head of the Centers for Disease Control.
(b) Secretary-General of the United Nations.
(c) Director of the League of Nations.
(d) President of the United States.
4. What is Karellen holding when he exits the spaceship , showing himself for the first time?
(a) Two humans.
(b) A copy of the Bible.
(c) A copy of the Declaration of Independence.
(d) An alien weapon.
5. Why are newspapers of little value?
(a) There are few newsworthy events to report.
(b) The aliens control all news about humans.
(c) All world news comes from one biased source.
(d) New technology has elimated paper and print.
6. What does Karelllen do for Rikki Stormgren during their last meeting?
(a) Karellen reveals himself to Stormgren.
(b) Karellen lays out his future plans.
(c) Karellen introduces Stormgren to several other invaders.
(d) Karellen kidnaps Stormgren.
7. When Karellen ultimately speaks prior to his revealing himself for the first time, what does he ask for?
(a) A meeting with the president.
(b) A camera crew.
(c) Two children.
(d) A meeting with Rikki Stormgren.
8. What is true about Earth in the 21st century?
(a) It has become totally communist.
(b) It has reached Utopia.
(c) It has begun the colonization of other planets.
(d) It has become totally socialist.
9. In what year does Chapter 1 take place?
10. Who is the scientist responsible for the Russian space launch?
(a) Nikita Marx.
(b) Konrad Schneider.
(c) Oskar Schindler.
(d) Vladimir Lenin.
11. What is the first thing the spectators experience after a spaceship lands?
(a) Earth tremors.
(b) An earsplitting roar.
(c) Karellen's voice.
(d) A blinding flash of light.
12. Where do the aliens come from?
(a) BH 90210.
(b) NGS 549672.
(c) THX 1138.
(d) NCC 1701.
13. What does Chapter 5 introduce?
(a) The Gilded Age.
(b) The Golden Age.
(c) The Age of Aquarius.
(d) The Age of Reason.
14. What does Jan Rodricks' mother do?
(a) She is a college professor.
(b) She is a guidance counselor.
(c) She is an astronomer.
(d) She is a high school teacher.
15. Although the media are very critical of Karellen's rule, the majority of humans are in favor of what?
(a) Karellen's goal of ending racism.
(b) Karellen's goal of transporting all humans to another planet.
(c) Karellen's goal of world peace.
(d) Karellen's goal of ending global warming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the leader of the extremist group resentful?
2. What does Karellen give Rikki Stormgren after Stormgren's meeting with Pierre Duval?
3. What game does Jan Rodricks play with the guests at the party?
4. Why does Rupert Boyce hold special interest for the aliens?
5. What is Pieter Van Ryberg's theory?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)