|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karellen holding when he exits the spaceship , showing himself for the first time?
(a) A copy of the Declaration of Independence.
(b) Two humans.
(c) A copy of the Bible.
(d) An alien weapon.
2. What is unique about Karellen's planet?
(a) It has an atmosphere toxic to humans.
(b) Whales once existed there, but are now extinct.
(c) It has minimal land mass.
(d) It has no oceans.
3. What island do George Greggson and Jean Morrel visit?
(a) New Agribah.
(b) New Athens.
(c) New Albany.
(d) New Amsterdam.
4. What does an unnamed major country attempt to do to the invaders?
(a) Convince the invaders that Earth's atmosphere is toxic.
(b) Infect one of the ships with viruses.
(c) Destroy one of the ships with an atomic bomb.
(d) Destroy one of the ships with laser technology.
5. What will happen on Earth while Jan Rodricks travels to the alien planet?
(a) Time will move backward.
(b) Eighty minutes will have passed.
(c) Time will stand still.
(d) Eighty years will have passed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Karellen impressed with the whale display in Chapter 13?
2. After the aliens have established their rule on Earth, what evidence is seen of their influence?
3. Why did the invaders build Utopia?
4. What message does Karellen give Pieter Van Ryberg after Van Ryberg shares information about Rikki Stormgren's abduction?
5. What do the children do three years later when their minds are more closely connected?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)