|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapter 10 describe?
(a) The state of the world in 2010.
(b) The state of the world in 2025.
(c) The state of the world in 2001.
(d) The state of the world in 2050.
2. What is Karellen holding when he exits the spaceship , showing himself for the first time?
(a) A copy of the Bible.
(b) An alien weapon.
(c) A copy of the Declaration of Independence.
(d) Two humans.
3. What does Jan Rodricks see on the way to the ocean lab?
(a) A mutated whale.
(b) An alien submarine.
(c) Unusual marine life.
(d) Ruins of an alien spaceship.
4. What device does Rikki Stormgren take with him on board the invaders' ship?
(a) An x-ray device for looking behind the on-board screen.
(b) A recording device to eavesdrop on the aliens' discussions.
(c) A camera for taking a photograph of Karellen.
(d) A homing beacon to monitor the whereabouts of Karellen.
5. What does Karellen look like?
(b) The Egyptian god Ra.
(c) A 9-foot tall human.
(d) An octopus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the United States and Russia are in a race to be the first to do what?
2. Why do some humans still work?
3. What does Jan Rodricks examine at Rupert Boyce's home?
4. Where does Rupert Boyce live?
5. What is the name of the Pacific island that is the shuttle launch site?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)