|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alexander Wainwright's chief issue with the occupation by the alien invaders?
(a) They are playing God.
(b) They are draining Earth's resources.
(c) They are contributing to global warming.
(d) They are frightening children.
2. Although the media are very critical of Karellen's rule, the majority of humans are in favor of what?
(a) Karellen's goal of transporting all humans to another planet.
(b) Karellen's goal of world peace.
(c) Karellen's goal of ending global warming.
(d) Karellen's goal of ending racism.
3. Where does the second half of Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Lake Voyenno, Russia.
(b) Lake Baikal, Russia.
(c) Lake Lucerne, Switzerland.
(d) Lake City, Florida.
4. What does the American scientist see from the Pacific island?
(a) Russian troops storming the beaches.
(b) Russian submarines approaching the island.
(c) The launch of the Russian spacecraft.
(d) Shadows of the approaching alien ships.
5. Against what country do the invaders take direct action?
(a) Republic of the Congo.
(b) Republic of South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common ailment or condition does Rikki Stormgren suffer from?
2. In Chapter 1, the United States and Russia are in a race to be the first to do what?
3. In what year does Chapter 1 take place?
4. Where can the alien spacecraft be found in the second part of Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the space shuttle being launched in Chapter 1?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)