|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rashaverak tell George Greggson and Jean Morrel about their children?
(a) The children would be transported to the invader's home planet.
(b) The aliens chose the children for immortality.
(c) The children would be the last citizens of Earth.
(d) They were randomly chosen for an experiment by a higher power.
2. What does the device Karellen employs in the pressroom do?
(a) It turns the pressroom into a makeshift planetarium
(b) It gives those attending the press conference the ability to see the future.
(c) It causes those attending the press conference to accept everything they hear from Karellen.
(d) It discerns the thoughts of all those attending the press conference.
3. What does Karellen predict about Earth during his press conference in Chapter 14?
(a) Humans will leave Earth permanantly.
(b) Humans will ultimately destroy themselves.
(c) Humans will colonize other planets.
(d) The perfect world he helped create will soon be obsolete.
4. How do the aliens deal with Earth's gravity?
(a) They wear weighted shoes.
(b) They wear antigravity devices.
(c) They wear weighted uniforms.
(d) They wear weighted belts.
5. What does Jan Rodricks' mother do?
(a) She is a high school teacher.
(b) She is a college professor.
(c) She is an astronomer.
(d) She is a guidance counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common ailment or condition does Rikki Stormgren suffer from?
2. How does Pierre Duval conclude that Rikki Stormgren can see Karellen?
3. In his farewell letter, what does Jan Rodricks express frustration about?
4. Why are newspapers of little value?
5. Why does Rupert Boyce hold special interest for the aliens?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)