|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has revolutionized the Earth's economy?
(a) The aliens have introduced a new breed of primate that does all the work.
(b) There is no longer the need for currency.
(c) Machines now do all the work.
(d) There is a one-world currency.
2. What does the device Karellen employs in the pressroom do?
(a) It gives those attending the press conference the ability to see the future.
(b) It discerns the thoughts of all those attending the press conference.
(c) It turns the pressroom into a makeshift planetarium
(d) It causes those attending the press conference to accept everything they hear from Karellen.
3. How does Karellen free Rikki Stormgren?
(a) By communicating through floating spheres.
(b) The exterior walls of Rikki Stormgren's cell are blasted away.
(c) Rikki Stormgren is beamed aboard the invaders' ship.
(d) Rikki Stormgren is put in a temporary coma.
4. Who is the first person Rikki Stormgren meets after his abduction?
5. What does Karellen predict about Earth during his press conference in Chapter 14?
(a) The perfect world he helped create will soon be obsolete.
(b) Humans will leave Earth permanantly.
(c) Humans will colonize other planets.
(d) Humans will ultimately destroy themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karellen reveal that Jan Rodricks was a stowaway on the alien ship?
2. Although the media are very critical of Karellen's rule, the majority of humans are in favor of what?
3. What possibility do Jan Rodricks and Rupert Boyce discuss in Chapter 11?
4. What common ailment or condition does Rikki Stormgren suffer from?
5. What truth is revealed about the alien spaceships?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)