|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the invaders need to watch George Greggson's and Jean Morrel's children?
(a) Because they are taking on inhuman characteristics.
(b) Because they are a danger to each other.
(c) Because they are becoming dangerous to the invaders.
(d) Because they are becoming dangerous to their parents.
2. What will happen on Earth while Jan Rodricks travels to the alien planet?
(a) Eighty years will have passed.
(b) Time will move backward.
(c) Eighty minutes will have passed.
(d) Time will stand still.
3. To whom does Jan Rodricks write a farewell letter?
(a) George Greggson.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) Rupert Boyce.
(d) His sister.
4. What has happened to the countries of Earth?
(a) They have been divided into four geographic regions.
(b) Each country has an ambassador to the aliens.
(c) They are all united, but have kept their original names.
(d) Each one has been given autonomy over their people.
5. How does sunlight affect the aliens?
(a) They have to wear a special-formula sunscreen.
(b) They have to wear sunglasses.
(c) They have to wear protective clothing.
(d) They die if exposed to direct sunlight for too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical story does Jan Rodricks refer to in his farewell letter?
2. In his farewell letter, what does Jan Rodricks express frustration about?
3. Which invader does George Greggson meet with?
4. After the aliens have established their rule on Earth, what evidence is seen of their influence?
5. How long does Jan Rodricks feel that it will take him to reach the aliens' home planet?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)