|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Germany was at war with the United States, why was Alfons not worried?
2. In Germany in the 1930s, which of the following statements was false?
3. During the Easter vacation of 1944, what was Alfons ordered to do?
4. After France fell, what did the farmers get to do?
5. Which of the following statements was true in 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Alfons's relationship with Hanna?
2. In the 1930s, how did children perceive the Hitler Youth?
3. When Hitler attacked Poland, how did the German people feel about the possibility of war?
4. How did Alfons feel when Gert was promoted a step ahead of him?
5. In Chapter 1, what positive effects of Hitler's leadership did Alfons recall?
6. What did Alfons recall about Kristallnacht?
7. What was the general attitude of the Hitler Youth, as described in Chapter 2?
8. What memories might a Hitler Youth have recalled following their experience at the Nuremburg Party Congress?
9. When the Allies landed at Normandy, how did the German people react?
10. What did the Gerrman masses understand about the "Final Solution"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Germany during the 1930s (before the War or concentration camps had begun), Hitler convinced the Germans that the Germanic-Nordic race was superior. What does "discrimination" mean? In Germany during the 1930s, which people were discriminated against? In what ways were they discriminated against? What did Hitler hope to achieve by discriminating against these people? Why did the German people willingly follow suit?
Essay Topic 2
Following a meeting on the Westwall with Albert Speer, Alfons and his fellow Hitler Youth leaders met Hitler. Hitler told them the Hitler Youth were his "purest creation." What did Hitler mean by this? How do you think his comment impacted the Hitler Youth leaders?
Essay Topic 3
After France fell in the War, Alfons's family received George, a French prisoner of war, to serve as their farmhand. Describe George's relationship with Alfons's family. How did Alfons feel about George? Compare George and Alfons.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)