|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alfons received orders to do what?
(a) Shoot any men in his unit who did not obey his commands.
(b) Join the Luftwaffe.
(c) Step down from his position of leadership.
(d) Retreat with his men.
2. When Alfons was invited to a top-secret location by the SS Leadership, which of the following did he not see there?
(a) Other Hitler Youth leaders.
(b) A platoon of SS soldiers with submachine guns.
(c) New gliders.
(d) A locomotive full of anti-aircraft guns.
3. Who was the Minister of Armaments and Ammunitions?
(a) Alfons Heck.
(c) Albert Speer.
4. What news did Alfons hear on the radio?
(a) Hitler had chosen Admiral Karl Doenitz to replace him.
(b) Hitler had been murdered.
(c) Hitler had stepped down.
(d) Hitler had committed suicide.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 10, to where did Alfons return?
(b) The Luftwaffe.
(c) The Eastern Front.
(d) The Westwall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alfons and his fellow Hitler Youth leaders met Hitler, what did he tell them?
2. When the Americans attacked, the first attack was simply an Allied probe, and a half an hour later, what happened?
3. Immediately following the war, how did Alfons feel about his allegiance to Hitler?
4. If soldiers surrendered to the Americans, what could they expect?
5. Who was the head of the German Labor Front?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franz believe about the Bolsheviks, the Americans, and the British?
2. Alfons's men were not enthusiastic about their new orders, but what were the repercussions if they deserted their unit?
3. What was the difference between the way the Americans treated prisoners of war, and the way they were treated along the Eastern front?
4. What was the significance of Alfons's conversations with Leiwitz?
5. What was Alfons's assignment following his orders to retreat from the Westwall?
6. How did Alfons describe the sentence he received, and the work orders from the French?
7. What occurred while Alfons was with his family for Christmas?
8. Initially following the war, describe Alfons's feelings about the outcome of the war, his allegiance to Hitler, and the millions of people who were killed.
9. What happened to Alfons when the French arrived to occupy Germany?
10. What was the purpose of Dr. Robert Ley's visit?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)