|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When 2 Royal Air Force Spitfires attacked German supply vehicles, how many Hitler Youth boys died?
2. What was the first thing Alfons needed to do when he arrived in Wittlich?
(a) Recruit more men.
(b) Encourage the men in his unit.
(c) Discipline men who had been insubordinate.
(d) Train the newly drafted soldiers.
3. Which of the following was not part of the sentence Alfons received from the French?
(a) Expulsion from college.
(b) One month of hard labor.
(c) Town restriction for 2 years.
(d) 2 years of hard labor.
4. What did Alfons later learn about Leiwitz?
(a) He was shot by the Gestapo for being anti-Nazi.
(b) He survived the war, and eventually moved to America.
(c) He was shot by the Allies.
(d) He was Jewish.
5. What were the men in short supply of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alfons begin to feel about Americans?
2. If soldiers surrendered to the Americans, what could they expect?
3. Why did the Wehrmacht bomb the railroad bridge through Burg Strasse?
4. Who was the Minister of Armaments and Ammunitions?
5. As Germany's fate became clear, how did Alfons feel about their defeat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Alfons when the French arrived to occupy Germany?
2. What did Alfons share about his departing words with Leiwitz?
3. How was Alfons finally discovered as a German officer?
4. Who was Monika Mohn, and what did she say to Alfons?
5. When the Soviet offensive broke loose along the Eastern front and Warsaw fell, what were the effects felt by the German soldiers?
6. What happened when over half of the People's Army disappeared?
7. What occurred while Alfons was with his family for Christmas?
8. How did Alfons describe the sentence he received, and the work orders from the French?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 7, what promotion did Alfons receive, and why?
10. When Alfons arrived home, what measures were taken to ensure the Americans wouldn't know he was an officer?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)