|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the small towns usually respond to the air raid sirens?
(a) They stayed awake all night until they were sure they were safe.
(b) They left town.
(c) They usually disregarded the air raid sirens.
(d) They panicked and started riots.
2. What did one glance into the sky tell Alfons and the future Luftwaffe pilots?
(a) They had been poorly trained.
(b) They were badly needed and thinly spread.
(c) There were more than enough pilots available to meet the need.
(d) They were not needed.
3. As the war began, the unease held by the German people disappeared with the success of what?
(a) The Gymnasium.
(b) The Blitzkrieg.
(c) The Kristallnacht.
(d) The Hitler Youth.
4. What occurred for Alfons, Gert, and Rabbit together?
(a) They became very ill.
(b) They were deployed in the war.
(c) They were placed on the same flight team.
(d) They were promoted.
5. By 1944, which of the following statements was true about Germany's point of view during the War?
(a) The Nazi empire had shrunk, and no one underestimated the United States.
(b) The Germans were not intimidated by the United States.
(c) The Nazi empire was stronger than ever before.
(d) The United States forces had shrunk, and no one underestimated the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements about Hitler's stance on the Jews is false?
2. Hitler took advantage of what quality of the German people?
3. In Chapter 4, Alfons had his first doubts about what?
4. What was the name of Alfons's family's farmhand?
5. Alfons's grandmother applied to get their farmhand out of prison camp, and he was released under what restriction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Alfons's relationship with Rabbit?
2. In the winter of 1943, where was Uncle Gustav, and what was his involvement in the war?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Alfons recall about the American and British attacks on Germany?
4. When Hitler attacked Poland, how did the German people feel about the possibility of war?
5. In Chapter 1, what did Alfons share about his family?
6. What influence did Alfons' teacher, Herr Becker, have on him at a young age?
7. How did Alfons describe Germany's attitude toward the United States when they first entered into war with them?
8. At the end of Chapter 5, what important goal did Alfons achieve?
9. Describe Alfons's early days with the Flying Hitler Youth.
10. In Chapter 4, what experiences did Alfons and Gert share together in the Flying Hitler Youth?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)