|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The winter of 1939-40 is referred to as what?
(a) The time of the "fake war."
(b) The time of the "phony war."
(c) The last peaceful time in Germany.
(d) The warmest winter Germany had in years.
2. Which of the following is true about Alfons's family?
(a) Alfons has a twin brother.
(b) Alfons has a twin sister.
(c) Alfons is an only child.
(d) Alfons has 2 brothers. One is older than Alfons, and one is younger.
3. Alfons was ordered to the Westwall, and his duties included all of the following, except what?
(a) Manning anti-aircraft batteries.
(b) Maintaining strict discipline with his men.
(c) Freeing regular troops for front line duty.
(d) Serving as an assistant to Roman.
4. Which of the following was true about the children of Germany in the 1930s?
(a) They hoped it would not be required that they join the Hitler Youth.
(b) They were not required to follow Hitler if they don't want to.
(c) They were eager to join the Hitler Youth, for its action and glamor.
(d) They were scared of Hitler and the Hitler Youth.
5. Who received the aeronaut's certificate?
(b) Sergeant Baum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements about the perception of women in Germany during World War II is false?
2. What was one complaint of Catholic parents with regard to the Hitler Youth?
3. What happened during one of Alfons's training flights?
4. How did the small towns usually respond to the air raid sirens?
5. Why did the Allied bombings never shake the morale of the German people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alfons describe Germany's attitude toward the United States when they first entered into war with them?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how did Alfons describe the mindset of the Germans, with regard to war?
3. What do you think most German people would have predicted about the war at this time? Were they confident or anxious?
4. What did the Gerrman masses understand about the "Final Solution"?
5. How did Alfons feel about the possibility of fighting in the war?
6. How did Alfons handle his responsibilities as a unit leader?
7. Once Alfons was made Manfred's successor, what orders followed?
8. In Chapter 1, what positive effects of Hitler's leadership did Alfons recall?
9. In Chapter 4, what did Alfons share about the Hitler Youth's perception of women and their interest in intimate relationships with women?
10. What did Alfons recall about the Nuremburg Party Congress?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)