|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the borders were reassigned, what were the men told to do?
(a) Dig a trench.
(b) Go home, because they were no longer needed.
(c) Train up to 14 hours per day.
(d) Wait patiently for further instruction.
2. Why did the Allied bombings never shake the morale of the German people?
(a) The radio and newspapers said it was almost over.
(b) They knew they had a strong plan in place to retaliate.
(c) They thought they would give up eventually.
(d) Few people believed the Allied forces would dare to approach them on land.
3. After France fell, what did the farmers get to do?
(a) Sell their farm for a substantial price.
(b) Choose French prisoners of war for farmhands.
(c) Complain directly to Hitler about the difficult labor shortage.
(d) Apply for financial support until the labor shortage was remedied.
4. The Hitler Youth did not cause many parental complaints, particularly when?
(a) When Hitler assigned them to land service.
(b) When they served mass.
(c) When Hitler made them march for hours at a time.
(d) When Hitler encouraged them to respect their elders.
5. Other than Hitler, who was admired and adored by the Flying Hitler Youth?
(a) Major General Adolf Galland.
(b) Commander Winkler.
(d) Sergeant Baum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the small towns usually respond to the air raid sirens?
2. What occurred on Kristallnacht?
3. How did Alfons combat his growing desire to be with a woman?
4. Which of the following statements about Roman Follman is true?
5. Where was the entire 6th Army decimated?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the late 1930s, what did the German Jews understand would occur to their people as a result of Hitler's leadership?
2. In the winter of 1943, where was Uncle Gustav, and what was his involvement in the war?
3. In Chapter 3, what did Alfons witness happening to the Jewish people in Wittlich?
4. What memories might a Hitler Youth have recalled following their experience at the Nuremburg Party Congress?
5. In Chapter 5, what did Alfons recall about the American and British attacks on Germany?
6. What did the Gerrman masses understand about the "Final Solution"?
7. What was the general attitude of the Hitler Youth, as described in Chapter 2?
8. What was Alfons's relationship with Hanna?
9. What happened when an American enemy aircraft attacked while Rabbit was flying?
10. Describe George, the farmhand.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)