|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alfons spend Christmas in 1944?
(a) With his men.
(b) With his family.
(c) In the hospital.
2. What occurred on Kristallnacht?
(a) Hitler declared that Jews must close their businesses.
(b) The concentration camps began.
(c) The police intervened when young Natzis destroyed Jewish businesses.
(d) The SA and SS smashed the windows of Jewish businesses and stormed Jewish synagogues.
3. Why did the Jews become increasingly emotional?
(a) They didn't have enough customers to keep their shops open.
(b) Their shops were taken over by Christians and their synagogue was desecrated.
(c) They developed severe illnesses.
(d) They were not allowed to worship in their synagogue.
4. When Alfons said goodbye to Frau Ermann, how did she respond to him?
(a) She hissed at him to leave.
(b) She spit on his face.
(c) She said she understood, and still cared about him.
(d) She told him he was a terrible man.
5. Which of the following statements about the commander, Winkler, is false?
(a) He was a relentless disciplinarian.
(b) The pilots needed his approval to move up in the ranks.
(c) He was a loving father figure to the young pilots.
(d) He was a superb pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the winter of 1943, what was the condition of Germany?
2. Which of the following is true about Alfons's family?
3. Near the end of Chapter 9, Luftwaffe pilots became so enraged that they did what?
4. Why does Alfons claim the Germans continued to fight in late 1944?
5. Which of the following statements was true in 1942?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)