|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite their September 3rd declaration, the Germans believed what about the French and the British?
(a) If they were going to attack Germany, it would not be until summer.
(b) The Germans did not think the French and British were stronger than Germany.
(c) The French and British were too cowardly to attack Germany.
(d) The Germans did not think the French and British would attack.
2. Over the course of the ensuing battles, what became clear to Alfons?
(a) They were going to lose.
(b) They were going to win.
(c) Wittlich would not be conquered.
(d) They were all going to die.
3. At what age did basic training begin for membership in the army of the Third Reich?
4. Where was the entire 6th Army decimated?
5. Which statement accurately summarizes Chapter 1 of the book?
(a) Alfons Heck shared about his family and the outcome of World War II.
(b) Alfons Heck shared about his family, his hometown, and the start of World War II.
(c) Alfons Heck shared about his family, his hometown, and the rise of Hitler in the 1930s.
(d) Alfons Heck shared about his hometown and the start of World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Alfons say his parents were impressed by Hitler?
2. Whom did Alfons greet when he arrived in Wittlich?
3. What was the first thing Alfons needed to do when he arrived in Wittlich?
4. What action was taken regarding products not essential to the war?
5. Which of the following people were allowed to join the Jungvolk, the Hitler Youth's junior branch?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)