|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Gymnasium?
(a) A highly respected position within the Hitler Youth.
(b) The highest track of German education to which only 6% gained admittance.
(c) A special association for those who achieved top honors in school.
(d) A Natzi training academy to which only 5% gained admittance.
2. Alfons quickly moved up the ranks, from the lowest class A to class B. What responsibility did he earn?
(a) He no longer had to endure test flights.
(b) He was now in charge of fifteen of his peers.
(c) He could fly any glider he chose.
(d) He automatically got to bypass the next rank, class C.
3. When some of the boys tried to desert the unit, how did Alfons respond?
(a) He let them go, because they were obviously not equipped to fight.
(b) He dealt harshly with them, despite their young age.
(c) He showed them no mercy, and killed them on the spot.
(d) He was patient, because he, too, was anxious about the war.
4. Alfons received orders to do what?
(a) Step down from his position of leadership.
(b) Shoot any men in his unit who did not obey his commands.
(c) Retreat with his men.
(d) Join the Luftwaffe.
5. Why did the Allied bombings never shake the morale of the German people?
(a) Few people believed the Allied forces would dare to approach them on land.
(b) The radio and newspapers said it was almost over.
(c) They thought they would give up eventually.
(d) They knew they had a strong plan in place to retaliate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Leiwitz reveal to Alfons, which he could not believe?
2. What did Manfred invite Alfons to do?
3. For Alfons, the Hitler Youth rallies of the summer were a nice break from what activity?
4. Why did many people who owned farms begin to love Hitler?
5. Which of the following statements about Alfons and Gert's relationship is false?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)