|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacked many of Germany's big cities?
(a) The American 8th Air Force and the British Royal Air Force.
(b) The British Royal Air Force.
(c) The French.
(d) The American 8th Air Force.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who was promoted to second in command of the Flying Hitler Youth?
3. Alfons arrived at training camp, and after a short time was forced to do what?
(a) Go home, because his grandmother spoke to the Bannfuhrer in Berlin.
(b) Quit, because he isn't very skilled at flying.
(c) Fly on the wings of a glider with other men.
(d) Pretend that he knew what he was doing, even though he felt inadequate for the job.
4. Which of the following people was not a member of Alfons's family?
5. What action was taken regarding products not essential to the war?
(a) They were produced in larger quantities, to convince the German people that everything was okay.
(b) No action was taken, so as not to discourage the German people.
(c) They were produced in smaller quantities.
(d) They were no longer produced.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the farmhand and Alfons respond to one another?
2. At what age did basic training begin for membership in the army of the Third Reich?
3. Which of the following statements about Hanna is false?
4. Which of the following statements was true about Alfons's grandmother at the start of the war?
5. What did Herr Becker claim as the reason for Kristallnacht?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)