|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Allied bombings never shake the morale of the German people?
(a) They knew they had a strong plan in place to retaliate.
(b) The radio and newspapers said it was almost over.
(c) Few people believed the Allied forces would dare to approach them on land.
(d) They thought they would give up eventually.
2. Who received the aeronaut's certificate?
(d) Sergeant Baum.
3. By 1944, which of the following statements was true about Germany's point of view during the War?
(a) The United States forces had shrunk, and no one underestimated the Nazis.
(b) The Nazi empire had shrunk, and no one underestimated the United States.
(c) The Nazi empire was stronger than ever before.
(d) The Germans were not intimidated by the United States.
4. How did Hitler perceive the Hitler Youth?
(a) He believed they should be treated as children, and not be expected to train for war.
(b) He felt they were a nuisance.
(c) He didn't think he would need them eventually.
(d) He praised them and believed that one day they would rule the world.
5. As the war began, the unease held by the German people disappeared with the success of what?
(a) The Blitzkrieg.
(b) The Kristallnacht.
(c) The Hitler Youth.
(d) The Gymnasium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the entire 6th Army decimated?
2. At fourteen, Alfons had not risen far in the Hitler Youth. What event prompted a new interest?
3. By 1938, which of the following statements about the Gestapo was false?
4. Alfons usually served mass while wearing what?
5. In the fall of 1943, Alfons was promoted to administrative rank while what occurred for Gert?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)