|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Alfons had his first doubts about what?
(a) Whether or not Germany should remove the Jews from the country.
(b) His loyalty to his family.
(c) His faith and going into the priesthood.
(d) His involvement in the Hitler Youth.
2. Which of the following statements about the commander, Winkler, is false?
(a) The pilots needed his approval to move up in the ranks.
(b) He was a loving father figure to the young pilots.
(c) He was a superb pilot.
(d) He was a relentless disciplinarian.
3. By whom was Alfons primarily raised?
(a) His Aunt and Uncle.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His parents.
(d) The family of his friend Heinz Ermann.
4. Where was Alfons Heck born?
(b) Oberhausen, Germany.
(d) Wittlich, Germany.
5. The Nuremburg Party Congress was a week-long celebration of what?
(a) The anniversary of Hitler's rise to power.
(b) Germany's history and culture, symbolizing its regained sense of significance and strength in the world.
(c) Hitler's birthday.
(d) The establishment of the Hitler Youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Alfons as a result of a poor training flight?
2. In the 1930s, what were the children of Germany conditioned to believe?
3. Despite their September 3rd declaration, the Germans believed what about the French and the British?
4. Who sacrificed his life for a comrade?
5. Alfons usually served mass while wearing what?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)