|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is a reason why the Nazis were successful at demonizing the Jews?
(a) Hitler declared that the Jews were evil.
(b) Hitler was able to tie the threat of communist revolution to the Jewish race.
(c) Hitler claimed they were a threat to the Germans and would eventually rule the country if they were not stopped.
(d) The German Jews were not Catholic.
2. In Germany in the 1930s, which of the following statements was false?
(a) If someone was Jewish, a gypsy, gay or a political opponent of the Nazis, 1930's Germany seemed like a place of promise.
(b) If someone was Jewish, a gypsy, gay or a political opponent of the Nazis, 1930s Germany was not a place of promise.
(c) Wittlich became a garrison town, which brought the town prosperity, and ended unemployment.
(d) Hitler's obsession with the Jews lasted until his final breath.
3. What was one complaint of Catholic parents with regard to the Hitler Youth?
(a) The Hitler Youth were not very educated.
(b) Senior Hitler Youth leaders mocked religion.
(c) The Hitler Youth were not very obedient.
(d) Senior Hitler Youth leaders did not respect their elders.
4. The winter of 1939-40 is referred to as what?
(a) The time of the "phony war."
(b) The warmest winter Germany had in years.
(c) The last peaceful time in Germany.
(d) The time of the "fake war."
5. What did Alfons believe was his first and most important duty?
(a) Total submission to Hitler's rule and Germany's welfare.
(b) To submit to the authority of his teacher, Herr Becker.
(c) To respect his grandmother and help her on the farm.
(d) Total submission to the Jewish leaders in Wittlich.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Alfons, the Hitler Youth rallies of the summer were a nice break from what activity?
2. Why did the Jews become increasingly emotional?
3. After France fell, what did the farmers get to do?
4. At the end of the 1938 Nuremburg Party Congress, Hitler delivered a speech that had what outcome?
5. As the war began, the unease held by the German people disappeared with the success of what?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)