|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom was Alfons primarily raised?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His parents.
(c) The family of his friend Heinz Ermann.
(d) His Aunt and Uncle.
2. By 1938, which of the following statements about the Gestapo was false?
(a) It was all-powerful.
(b) It could not be controlled by the regular judicial system.
(c) People obeyed and complied with the Gestapo.
(d) No one respected the Gestapo, and therefore it was not effective.
3. In Germany in the 1930s, which of the following statements was false?
(a) Hitler's obsession with the Jews lasted until his final breath.
(b) Wittlich became a garrison town, which brought the town prosperity, and ended unemployment.
(c) If someone was Jewish, a gypsy, gay or a political opponent of the Nazis, 1930s Germany was not a place of promise.
(d) If someone was Jewish, a gypsy, gay or a political opponent of the Nazis, 1930's Germany seemed like a place of promise.
4. In the 1930s, approximately how many German Jews were there?
(a) One million.
(b) Six million.
5. How did the farmhand and Alfons respond to one another?
(a) Alfons believed the farmhand was disloyal, and reported him.
(b) Alfons didn't believe the farmhand was a very good worker.
(c) They respected one another's loyalty to their own country.
(d) They strongly disliked one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the summer of 1940, why did Alfons doubt that he would be fortunate enough to fight in the war?
2. Which of the following statements about Alfons's family's farmhand is false?
3. Alfons usually served mass while wearing what?
4. When Alfons said goodbye to Frau Ermann, how did she respond to him?
5. Which of the following people were allowed to join the Jungvolk, the Hitler Youth's junior branch?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)