|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a memory Alfons holds from his childhood?
(a) His parents moved away to a large city in Germany's industrial heartland.
(b) His teacher deliberately discriminated against the Jews in the classroom.
(c) His parents died.
(d) Nazi troops wearing brown shirts marched through the town of Wittlich.
2. Which of the following was true about the children of Germany in the 1930s?
(a) They hoped it would not be required that they join the Hitler Youth.
(b) They were eager to join the Hitler Youth, for its action and glamor.
(c) They were not required to follow Hitler if they don't want to.
(d) They were scared of Hitler and the Hitler Youth.
3. Why did Alfons say his parents were impressed by Hitler?
(a) He influenced their son to want to be a Hitler Youth.
(b) He made them extremely wealthy.
(c) He was very inclusive, and treated all Germans equally.
(d) His rule brought full employment and economic order.
4. In 1770, where did Alfons's family emigrate from?
5. Which of the following people were allowed to join the Jungvolk, the Hitler Youth's junior branch?
(a) Aryan children.
(b) Handicapped children.
(c) Jewish children.
(d) Children under the age of six.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the war began, the unease held by the German people disappeared with the success of what?
2. Hitler took advantage of what quality of the German people?
3. How did Hitler perceive the Hitler Youth?
4. Which statement accurately summarizes Chapter 1 of the book?
5. What did Alfons believe was his first and most important duty?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)