|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the concentration camps first began, what was their purpose?
(a) They were a place where Jews could start businesses and work together.
(b) They were temporary holding cells for Jews until they submitted to Hitler's rule.
(c) They were a place for Jews to live peacefully outside of Hitler rule.
(d) They were detention centers for political enemies.
2. Where was Alfons Heck born?
(b) Oberhausen, Germany.
(d) Wittlich, Germany.
3. Which of the following was true about the children of Germany in the 1930s?
(a) They were scared of Hitler and the Hitler Youth.
(b) They were eager to join the Hitler Youth, for its action and glamor.
(c) They hoped it would not be required that they join the Hitler Youth.
(d) They were not required to follow Hitler if they don't want to.
4. Hitler took advantage of what quality of the German people?
(a) They were very independent.
(b) They were naturally obedient.
(c) They were prosperous farmers.
(d) They were very religious.
5. The Nuremburg Party Congress was a week-long celebration of what?
(a) The anniversary of Hitler's rise to power.
(b) Hitler's birthday.
(c) Germany's history and culture, symbolizing its regained sense of significance and strength in the world.
(d) The establishment of the Hitler Youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement accurately summarizes Chapter 1 of the book?
2. In Germany in the 1930s, which of the following statements was false?
3. Alfons usually served mass while wearing what?
4. Which of the following was true about the Hitler Youth?
5. What did Herr Becker claim as the reason for Kristallnacht?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)