|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the 1938 Nuremburg Party Congress, Hitler delivered a speech that had what outcome?
(a) It was discouraging to the Hitler Youth.
(b) It was scrutinized worldwide and heard live on more than 100 American radio stations.
(c) It alienated the Germans and caused them to stray from Hitler's rule.
(d) It had very little emotional impact.
2. Where was Alfons Heck born?
(a) Wittlich, Germany.
(c) Oberhausen, Germany.
3. In the 1930s, what were the children of Germany conditioned to believe?
(a) The German Jews were superior.
(b) The Jews did not kill Jesus.
(c) Discrimination was wrong.
(d) The Germanic-Nordic race was superior.
4. Which is a reason why the Nazis were successful at demonizing the Jews?
(a) Hitler declared that the Jews were evil.
(b) Hitler claimed they were a threat to the Germans and would eventually rule the country if they were not stopped.
(c) Hitler was able to tie the threat of communist revolution to the Jewish race.
(d) The German Jews were not Catholic.
5. Which of the following was true about the Hitler Youth?
(a) They were not allowed to participate in the Nuremburg Party Congress.
(b) They were not eager to hear Hitler speak at the Nuremburg Party Congress.
(c) They were frightened by Hitler and unsure of his rule over Germany.
(d) They were the most fanatical Nazi organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the war began, the unease held by the German people disappeared with the success of what?
2. Why did many people who owned farms begin to love Hitler?
3. Which of the following is not a memory Alfons holds from his childhood?
4. When the concentration camps first began, what was their purpose?
5. Unlike Hitler, the German people were not eager to go to war for what reason?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)