|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alfons's childhood friend Heinz Ermann could not join the Hitler Youth. Later, what happened to Heinz's family?
(a) They were gassed at Auschwitz.
(b) They chose to become followers of Hitler.
(c) They moved to a large city in Germany's industrial heartland, Oberhausen.
(d) They moved to the countryside.
2. In 1770, where did Alfons's family emigrate from?
3. In the 1930s, approximately how many German Jews were there?
(a) One million.
(d) Six million.
4. What was one complaint of Catholic parents with regard to the Hitler Youth?
(a) Senior Hitler Youth leaders mocked religion.
(b) The Hitler Youth were not very obedient.
(c) The Hitler Youth were not very educated.
(d) Senior Hitler Youth leaders did not respect their elders.
5. Alfons usually served mass while wearing what?
(a) His altar boy robes.
(b) His full uniform, including belt and dagger, beneath his altar boy robes.
(c) His full uniform beneath his altar boy robes, but without his dagger.
(d) His full uniform, belt and dagger.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the 1938 Nuremburg Party Congress, Hitler delivered a speech that had what outcome?
2. In the 1930s, what were the children of Germany conditioned to believe?
3. Which of the following statements about the fanfare and drum platoon is false?
4. Which of the following people were allowed to join the Jungvolk, the Hitler Youth's junior branch?
5. Why did many people who owned farms begin to love Hitler?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)