|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Leiwitz reveal to Alfons, which he could not believe?
(a) Hitler had died.
(b) Every day they were killing tens of thousands of Jews in Poland and Russia.
(c) Germany was losing the war.
(d) Alfons was no longer needed, and should go home.
2. What was the name of Alfons's family's farmhand?
(c) He refused to tell them his name.
3. Many people avoided discussions about the possibility of war, including in the Gymnasium. Despite this, what occurred over time?
(a) Over half of Alfons's classmates were killed before they reached the age of 18.
(b) The Gymnasium became a place of disorder.
(c) Alfons' classmates became excited and eager to experience war.
(d) Alfons' classmates became anxious about the possibility of war.
4. If Roman were to have disobeyed Alfons's orders, how would Alfons have responded?
(a) He would have overlooked it, because they were friends.
(b) He would have sent him to a punishment camp.
(c) He would have fired him as his assistant.
(d) He would have quickly forgiven him.
5. Alfons quickly moved up the ranks, from the lowest class A to class B. What responsibility did he earn?
(a) He was now in charge of fifteen of his peers.
(b) He no longer had to endure test flights.
(c) He automatically got to bypass the next rank, class C.
(d) He could fly any glider he chose.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Nuremburg Party Congress was a week-long celebration of what?
2. Once Germany was at war with the United States, why was Alfons not worried?
3. With whom did Alfons develop a friendly competition to move up in the ranks?
4. The Hitler Youth did not cause many parental complaints, particularly when?
5. Which of the following statements about Hanna is false?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)