|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements was true in 1942?
(a) Erwin Rommel lost the battle of El Alamein.
(b) Erwin Rommel successfully entered Egypt.
(c) The Natzi's were beginning to lose their power.
(d) Erwin Rommel won the battle of El Alamein.
2. In September of 1944, what order followed the "people's storm"?
(a) No more German men would be called to action.
(b) Every German male age 15-60 would fight.
(c) Every German male would fight, regardless of age.
(d) German boys age 12 and older had to fight.
3. As the war began, the unease held by the German people disappeared with the success of what?
(a) The Kristallnacht.
(b) The Hitler Youth.
(c) The Blitzkrieg.
(d) The Gymnasium.
4. How did Alfons combat his growing desire to be with a woman?
(a) Through frequent prayer and the confessional.
(b) By confiding in his grandmother about it.
(c) He took on extra jobs in order to stay busy.
(d) By confiding in his friends about it.
5. What occurred on Kristallnacht?
(a) Hitler declared that Jews must close their businesses.
(b) The concentration camps began.
(c) The SA and SS smashed the windows of Jewish businesses and stormed Jewish synagogues.
(d) The police intervened when young Natzis destroyed Jewish businesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Germany was at war with the United States, why was Alfons not worried?
2. Hitler took advantage of what quality of the German people?
3. Who was made Manfred's successor?
4. Who was the Minister of Armaments and Ammunitions?
5. During the Easter vacation of 1944, what was Alfons ordered to do?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)