|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alfons said goodbye to Frau Ermann, how did she respond to him?
(a) She said she understood, and still cared about him.
(b) She spit on his face.
(c) She hissed at him to leave.
(d) She told him he was a terrible man.
2. Which of the following statements best describes Alfons's leadership over his unit?
(a) He was patient and understanding, because his men were young.
(b) The men in his unit matured slowly under his leadership.
(c) He loved the feeling of power, and he became a tough leader.
(d) He didn't expect the men to follow his orders 100% of the time.
3. Which of the following was true about the Hitler Youth?
(a) They were the most fanatical Nazi organization.
(b) They were not eager to hear Hitler speak at the Nuremburg Party Congress.
(c) They were frightened by Hitler and unsure of his rule over Germany.
(d) They were not allowed to participate in the Nuremburg Party Congress.
4. When the Jews were forced to leave Wittlich, to where did they think they were being sent?
(a) They thought they would all be killed before they reached their destination to make Germany "clean of Jews."
(b) To concentration camps.
(c) To Poland, to make Germany "clean of Jews."
(d) To detention centers.
5. Where was the entire 6th Army decimated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Hanna?
2. If Roman were to have disobeyed Alfons's orders, how would Alfons have responded?
3. What was the name of Alfons's family's farmhand?
4. Which of the following statements about the fanfare and drum platoon is false?
5. When some of the boys tried to desert the unit, how did Alfons respond?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)