|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alfons claim the Germans continued to fight in late 1944?
(a) The Germans were a very optimistic people.
(b) They were too prideful to cease fighting.
(c) Their enemies wanted to destroy not only National Socialism, but the German people as well.
(d) Their enemies showed signs of weariness.
2. When the borders were reassigned, what were the men told to do?
(a) Wait patiently for further instruction.
(b) Dig a trench.
(c) Go home, because they were no longer needed.
(d) Train up to 14 hours per day.
3. Which of the following statements was true about Alfons's grandmother at the start of the war?
(a) She refused to participate in reverence for anything but the mass.
(b) She requested a lot of help from Alfons on the farm.
(c) She became very ill.
(d) She accepted and began to revere Hitler.
4. When Alfons said goodbye to Frau Ermann, how did she respond to him?
(a) She said she understood, and still cared about him.
(b) She spit on his face.
(c) She hissed at him to leave.
(d) She told him he was a terrible man.
5. What occurred as a result of the Battle of the Bulge?
(a) Alfons was once again passed over for the Luftwaffe.
(b) Most of Alfons' men were killed.
(c) The Luftwaffe finally claimed Alfons.
(d) 400 German planes were destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Alfons, the Hitler Youth rallies of the summer were a nice break from what activity?
2. Who was made Manfred's successor?
3. The winter of 1939-40 is referred to as what?
4. What was the name of Alfons's family's farmhand?
5. In the winter of 1943, what was the condition of Germany?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)