|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1944, which of the following statements was true about Germany's point of view during the War?
(a) The Nazi empire had shrunk, and no one underestimated the United States.
(b) The United States forces had shrunk, and no one underestimated the Nazis.
(c) The Nazi empire was stronger than ever before.
(d) The Germans were not intimidated by the United States.
2. Why did many people think the Germans continued to fight in late 1944?
(a) They wanted to destroy as many Americans as possible.
(b) It was an effort to renew their energy and optimism.
(c) They deceived themselves into thinking they could win.
(d) To defend themselves.
3. After France fell, what did the farmers get to do?
(a) Sell their farm for a substantial price.
(b) Choose French prisoners of war for farmhands.
(c) Complain directly to Hitler about the difficult labor shortage.
(d) Apply for financial support until the labor shortage was remedied.
4. When the borders were reassigned, what were the men told to do?
(a) Dig a trench.
(b) Train up to 14 hours per day.
(c) Go home, because they were no longer needed.
(d) Wait patiently for further instruction.
5. By the summer of 1940, why did Alfons doubt that he would be fortunate enough to fight in the war?
(a) There was a labor shortage due to the war, and Alfons needed to work on his grandmother's farm.
(b) Only France remained to be defeated, and he believed that would happen soon.
(c) His grandmother was very ill and he needed to be by her side.
(d) Only England remained to be defeated, and he believed that would happen soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alfons's friend Franz felt that Germany had more in common with the Americans and the British than with whom?
2. When Hitler launched Germany's last major offensive in World War II, what was his objective?
3. Many people avoided discussions about the possibility of war, including in the Gymnasium. Despite this, what occurred over time?
4. Which of the following statements was true about Alfons's grandmother at the start of the war?
5. Once Alfons entered "real action," what was the goal of he and his fellow pilots?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)