1. At what age did basic training begin for membership in the army of the Third Reich?
2. Where was Alfons Heck born?
(a) Oberhausen, Germany.
(c) Wittlich, Germany.
3. In 1770, where did Alfons's family emigrate from?
4. By whom was Alfons primarily raised?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His Aunt and Uncle.
(c) His parents.
(d) The family of his friend Heinz Ermann.
5. Which of the following is true about Alfons's family?
(a) Alfons has a twin brother.
(b) Alfons has a twin sister.
(c) Alfons has 2 brothers. One is older than Alfons, and one is younger.
(d) Alfons is an only child.
6. Which of the following is not a memory Alfons holds from his childhood?
(a) Nazi troops wearing brown shirts marched through the town of Wittlich.
(b) His teacher deliberately discriminated against the Jews in the classroom.
(c) His parents moved away to a large city in Germany's industrial heartland.
(d) His parents died.
This section contains 6,784 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)