|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing different about the car when Ballard returns to later in the day?
(a) The radio is turned back on
(b) It is gone
(c) It is empty
(d) The motor has stopped running
2. How many wrist watches is Ballard trying to sell?
3. What is Ballard approaching a the beginning of Chapter 43 (pp. 149-153)?
(a) A pickup truck
(b) Greer's house
(c) The police station
(d) His cave
4. What does Ballard blame for the burning down of his house?
(a) Cigarette left lit
(b) Brush fire outside
(c) The police lighting it purposefully
(d) Sparks from the chimney
5. How are the two dead people in the car positioned when Ballard discovers them?
(a) The woman is straddling the man
(b) The man lies on top of the woman
(c) The are seated next to each other in the front seats
(d) They lie in a spooning position in the back
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grocer, how long will it take Ballard to pay off his debt at the present rate?
2. What flourishes are on the panties that Ballard buys?
3. Who comes to Ballard's shack the day after he finds the dead girl?
4. How does the Sheriff travel around the town in Chapter 45 (pp. 160-168)?
5. Which of the following is not something that Ballard does to the woman's body the night after his shopping excursion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ballard decide to move the dead girl's body to an upper room?
2. How does Ballard react to Ralph's daughter's rejection of his advances?
3. What imaginary conversations does Ballard have in the woods?
4. Describe Ballard's appearance at the end of this section.
5. What does Ballard do at his old property, now Greer's?
6. In what state is the town in this section?
7. What wakes Lester Ballard the night after his shopping spree in town?
8. Describe the inside of Ballard's cave.
9. Why does Ballard return several times to the idling car?
10. How does Ballard subsist as the harsh winter descends?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)