|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lester Ballard do while having sex with the dead girl?
(c) Sings along with the radio
(d) Whispers in her ear
2. When, according to Fate, is the last time the whole town flooded?
3. Which of the following is not among the items that Ballard purchases at the grocer's?
(a) Can's of beans
(b) Loaves of bread
(c) Chewing tobacco
(d) Vienna sausages
4. Where does Ballard leave his rifle before going into the town on the other side of the mountain?
(a) In the undercarriage of an abandoned car
(b) In a tree
(c) Inside some bushes
(d) Under a bridge
5. Which star cluster does Ballard look upon from his cave after returning to the mountain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing that Ballard carries to his new cave?
2. What does Ballard blame for the burning down of his house?
3. What does Ballard hear from the car idling on the side of the road?
4. What sound does Ballard hear in the distance as he walks through the woods in Chapter 39 (pp. 136-137)?
5. As Ballard busies himself in the woods, who does he imagine speaking to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wakes Lester Ballard the night after his shopping spree in town?
2. What does Ballard realize about the Ralph's idiot baby?
3. Describe the inside of Ballard's cave.
4. How is Ballard spooked by his own footprints?
5. What does Ballard find in the running car on the side of the road?
6. Where does Ballard settle at the end of Chapter 30 (pp. 106-108)?
7. How does Ballard react to Ralph's daughter's rejection of his advances?
8. What happens to Ballard when he tries to cross the creek?
9. Why does Ballard go to Blount County?
10. Describe Ballard's appearance at the end of this section.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)