|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the terms townspeople assign to Ballard at the end of this section?
2. What do the Dumpkeeper and Lester Ballard drink together?
(b) Pure mash whiskey
(c) Popskull whiskey
3. Which of the following is not among the refuse of the dump?
(a) Truck parts
(b) Rotted fishing boats
(c) Old water heaters
(d) Bicycle parts
4. Why does Lester Ballard's friend Darfuzzle speaks in a garbled way?
(a) He has a collapsed jaw
(b) He is German
(c) He is deaf
(d) He is developmentally impaired
5. How far from the road is Lester Ballard's shack?
(a) A quarter mile
(b) A mile
(c) Three miles
(d) Twenty yards
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gresham sing when they bury his wife?
2. Where is Ballard when he finds a woman sleeping under a tree?
3. Where does the auctioneer give his pitch?
4. Under what animal does the Thantham boy build a fire?
5. What does Ballard offer to show the Sheriff when they take him away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the man in the cell across from Ballard's.
2. Why is Lester Ballard ejected from his first game at the carnival?
3. What does Lester Ballard discover in a car outside his shack one night, and what happens?
4. What do the Dumpkeeper and Ballard do on their days together?
5. What happened to Lester Ballard's parents?
6. What statement does the Sheriff make to Ballard after he is released?
7. How is Lester Ballard's neck injured?
8. What news does Darfuzzle give Ballard?
9. Why does Ballard abruptly leave the Dumpkeeper's house in Chapter 16?
10. What transpires between Ballard and the woman he finds sleeping on Frog Mountain?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)