|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9 (p. 25), what does Ballard fail to shoot in the woods?
(a) A deer
(b) A rat
(c) A bird
(d) A squirrel
2. What is the name of Bill Parsons' sick old bird dog?
3. Which of the following is not one of the terms townspeople assign to Ballard at the end of this section?
4. What color underwear does the Dumpkeeper's blonde daughter wear on Saturdays?
5. Which of the following is not something that happens in the melee in the police station?
(a) Ballard strangles the Sleeping Woman
(b) Ballard stabs the Sleeping Woman with a pen
(c) The Sleeping Woman slaps Ballard's face
(d) The Sleeping Woman knees Ballard in the groin
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ballard figure John goes after leaving jail?
2. What does the blacksmith do with the axe-blade after cooling the metal?
3. What animal does Ballard try to shoot while kneeling by the creek?
4. What type of bird does Ballard chase down while walking to a friend's house?
5. What is the name of the church that Lester goes to in Chapter 10 (pp. 31-32)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What statement does the Sheriff make to Ballard after he is released?
2. How is Lester Ballard's neck injured?
3. What does Lester Ballard discover in a car outside his shack one night, and what happens?
4. What news does Darfuzzle give Ballard?
5. Describe the baby of Ballard's friend, Ralph.
6. Describe the man in the cell across from Ballard's.
7. How do people react to Ballard in the Six-Mile Church?
8. Explain how the boy that came through town could always shoot birds in the air.
9. Why is Lester Ballard ejected from his first game at the carnival?
10. What does Ballard do on his way to visit his friend?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)