|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What free gifts are being handed out at the auction?
(a) Toy cars
(b) Silver dollars
(c) Arrow heads
(d) Ball caps
2. According to Ballard, what are the causes of all trouble in life?
(a) Money and feuds
(b) Money and whiskey
(c) Whiskey and women
(d) Women and money
3. What is Ballard's friend's name?
4. How many rooms is Lester Ballard's new house?
5. Why does Lester Ballard's friend Darfuzzle speaks in a garbled way?
(a) He is developmentally impaired
(b) He is German
(c) He is deaf
(d) He has a collapsed jaw
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Ballard do to make money to buy his rifle?
2. What color underwear does the Dumpkeeper's blonde daughter wear on Saturdays?
3. Who stares after Lester as he leaves town?
4. Where does the auctioneer give his pitch?
5. Which of the following is not a name listed as one of the Dumpkeeper's daughters
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ballard abruptly leave the Dumpkeeper's house in Chapter 16?
2. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 5 (pp. 17-18) decide he does not like Lester Ballard?
3. What does the disfigured child do to Ballard's gift?
4. What statement does the Sheriff make to Ballard after he is released?
5. Why does Ballard tear the head off of Squire Helton's cow?
6. Describe the man in the cell across from Ballard's.
7. How did Ballard get his rifle?
8. Describe the Dumpkeeper's situation at home.
9. What news does Darfuzzle give Ballard?
10. Describe the boxing match that happens at the end of this section.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)