|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lester intimate to Ralph's daughter?
(a) That she wants him
(b) That the disfigured child is hers
(c) That her father touches her
(d) That she is a prostitute
2. Which of the following is not something that Ballard does to the woman's body the night after his shopping excursion?
(a) Washes her with hot water
(b) Puts lipstick on her
(c) Dresses her up
(d) Brushes her hair
3. What does Ballard ask Ralph's daughter to do?
(a) Lend him some money
(b) Dance with him
(c) Show him her breasts
(d) Give him the disfigured child
4. How much money does Ballard owe the grocer?
5. Which of the following does Ballard not lose while crossing the creek?
(a) His rifle
(b) His teddy bears
(c) His stuffed tiger
(d) His victim's clothes
6. Where does Ballard toss his rifle when the Sheriff stops him on the road?
(a) At the Sheriff's car
(b) In the bushes
(c) In a creek
(d) Into the road
7. What does Ballard do with the girl's body at the end of Chapter 27 (pp. 93-95)?
(a) Hoists her to the attic
(b) Puts her on ice
(c) Disguises her as a pile of rags
(d) Buries her behind the house
8. How many bodies are in the car the Sheriff inspects?
9. How much money does Ballard ask the group of men for all of his watches?
(a) Nine dollars
(b) Eighteen dollars
(c) Twelve dollars
(d) Fifteen Dollars
10. When does Ballard deposit the dead man when he moves him away from the girl?
(a) Underneath the car
(b) The trunk of the car
(c) A ditch beside the car
(d) The floor of the car
11. About what do the Sheriff and the Deputy question Ballard?
(a) The dead couple in the car
(b) His shack burning down
(c) Ralph's housefire
(d) His skulking around Greer's place
12. How many daughters are still living with the Dumpkeeper?
13. What strikes Ballard as he crosses the rushing creek?
(a) A rock
(b) A log
(c) A dead boar
(d) A piece of a tractor
14. What does Ballard leave on his mattress?
(a) His stuffed animals
(b) Ralph's daughter's body
(c) His cookware
(d) His rifle
15. Where does Ballard shoot the girl in Chapter 43 (pp. 149-153)?
(a) Her head
(b) Her stomach
(c) Her chest
(d) Her neck
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is living in a car outside the Dumpkeeper's house?
2. Which of the following is not among the items that Ballard purchases at the grocer's?
3. To what does the narrator compare the bodies that Ballard has arranged deep in his cave?
4. What does Ballard hear from the car idling on the side of the road?
5. Where does Ballard have sex with the newly killed girl?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)