|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals do the Dumpkeeper and Ballard shoot together?
2. In Chapter 21 (pp. 66-67) what drifts into Ballard's shack through the breaks in the wall?
3. What is the name of the church that Lester goes to in Chapter 10 (pp. 31-32)?
(a) Silverlake Church
(b) Salvation Church
(c) Sixmile Church
(d) Sevier Church
4. What does Ballard find in the boards of the house his first night there?
(b) A black snake
(c) A boar's skull
(d) A possum
5. To what are the musicians and auctioneer compared at the end of Act 1?
(a) The pied piper and his rats
(b) A line of fence posts
(c) A shooting gallery
(d) A band of thieves
6. What work did Ballard do to make money to buy his rifle?
(a) Setting fence posts
(b) Plowing fields
(c) Digging a ditch
(d) Restocking the general store
7. What does the speaker in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) box at a carnival?
(a) A kangaroo
(b) A burro
(c) A gorilla
(d) A bear
8. On what structure is the flapping door that Ballard hears on the highway?
(a) A mac truck
(b) A water tower
(c) A hen-house
(d) A tool shed
9. What does Lester Ballard kick one night that hurts his foot?
(a) The house
(b) A car
(c) A rock
(d) A dog
10. How many rooms is Lester Ballard's new house?
11. Why can the boy in the car not find his wallet when Fate asks for it?
(a) He is blind
(b) His wallet was stolen
(c) He is a derelict and stole the car
(d) He is not wearing pants
12. Where is Ballard when he finds a woman sleeping under a tree?
(a) Frog Mountain
(b) The dump
(c) His old property
(d) Sevier County limits
13. What is the name of the black boy in the car outside Lester's house?
14. What animal are the hounds chasing in Chapter 22 (pp. 68-69)?
(a) A deer
(b) A mallard
(c) A boar
(d) A fox
15. Why does Ballard make so much noise at the church?
(a) He wants to disturb the sermon
(b) He has a cold
(c) He is asleep
(d) He has a panic attack
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name listed as one of the Dumpkeeper's daughters
2. What is the name of Bill Parsons' sick old bird dog?
3. How did Lester Ballard's father die?
4. How many days is Ballard kept in jail?
5. What does Ballard's friend's wife bring Ballard while he waits for her husband?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)