|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III, 169 - 197.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Ballard riding in his dream in Chapter 46 (pp. 169-171)?
(a) A mule
(b) A camel
(c) A bull
(d) A mustang
2. Why did the young Lester Ballard beat up the Finney boy?
(a) Finney stole his lunch
(b) Finney called him a name
(c) Finney would not fetch his ball
(d) Finney was black
3. What does Lester Ballard kick one night that hurts his foot?
(a) The house
(b) A car
(c) A rock
(d) A dog
4. What does Ballard blame for the burning down of his house?
(a) Cigarette left lit
(b) The police lighting it purposefully
(c) Sparks from the chimney
(d) Brush fire outside
5. What does Mrs. Walker hand off to the Sheriff?
(a) A rifle
(b) A bible
Short Answer Questions
1. What dry, tasteless food does Ballard cook over an open flame in his shack in Chapter 21(pp. 66-67)?
2. What does Lester intimate to Ralph's daughter?
3. Who stares after Lester as he leaves town?
4. What color does the smith say the blade should turn in the second heat?
5. What is the name of the black boy in the car outside Lester's house?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)