|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III, 169 - 197.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9 (p. 25), what does Ballard fail to shoot in the woods?
(a) A bird
(b) A rat
(c) A deer
(d) A squirrel
2. What was the nameless boy in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) putting in pigeons to make it appear that he was shooting them?
(c) Baking soda
3. What does Ballard initially forget when he leaves the car?
(a) His money
(b) His rifle
(c) His jacket
(d) His squirrels
4. What plastic animals are used in the first game that Ballard plays at the fair?
5. What species of skull does Ballard find in the cave?
(a) A human
(b) A jaguar
(c) A racoon
(d) A dog
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not listed among the disabled child's playthings?
2. As Ballard busies himself in the woods, who does he imagine speaking to?
3. Who does Ballard run into while in town?
4. Why does Lester Ballard's friend Darfuzzle speaks in a garbled way?
5. In Chapter 21 (pp. 66-67) what drifts into Ballard's shack through the breaks in the wall?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)