|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III, 145 - 168.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ballard make so much noise at the church?
(a) He is asleep
(b) He has a panic attack
(c) He has a cold
(d) He wants to disturb the sermon
2. What food is Ballard's friend's wife making while he waits?
(b) Brown potatoes
(c) Fried chicken
3. What does Ballard offer to show the Sheriff when they take him away?
(a) His rifle
(b) The path
(c) His buttocks
(d) A body
4. Which of Ballard's friends has recently been picked up by the police?
(a) The Dumpkeeper
5. What sound does Ballard hear in the distance as he walks through the woods in Chapter 39 (pp. 136-137)?
(a) A siren
(b) An axe chopping
(c) Dogs barking
(d) A scream
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ralph's house, what surrounds the stove?
2. What does Ballard hear from the car idling on the side of the road?
3. What does Ballard offer to trade Fred Kirby for a jar of whiskey?
4. Which of the following is not something that happens in the melee in the police station?
5. How far from the road is Lester Ballard's shack?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)