|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I, 61 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ballard look at wanted posters?
(a) The library
(b) The park bulletin board
(c) The post office
(d) The city jail
2. What does Ballard offer to trade Fred Kirby for a jar of whiskey?
(a) A lady's dress
(b) A pocketknife
(c) His rifle
(d) A string of rabbits
3. Where does Ballard's friend's daughter go when she leaves the house?
(a) The woods
(b) The outhouse
(c) Ballard's friend's truck
(d) The bus
4. Why can't Fred Kirby find his jar of whiskey?
(a) He is blind
(b) The rain buried it over in mud
(c) He has a wide selection of jars with clear liquid in them
(d) He was drunk when he hid it
5. Whose house is auctioned at the beginning of the novel?
(d) The Dumpkeeper's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gresham sing when they bury his wife?
2. What plastic animals are used in the first game that Ballard plays at the fair?
3. What is the blonde daughter doing when Ballard approaches her?
4. Which of the following is not a name listed as one of the Dumpkeeper's daughters
5. According to Ballard, what are the causes of all trouble in life?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)