|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I, 61 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Fred Kirby find his jar of whiskey?
(a) He is blind
(b) He was drunk when he hid it
(c) The rain buried it over in mud
(d) He has a wide selection of jars with clear liquid in them
2. What does the child do to Ballard's gift?
(a) Snaps its neck
(b) Chews its legs off
(c) Smashes it
(d) Sets it free
3. Where does Ballard's friend's daughter go when she leaves the house?
(a) The woods
(b) Ballard's friend's truck
(c) The bus
(d) The outhouse
4. Why does Lester Ballard's friend Darfuzzle speaks in a garbled way?
(a) He has a collapsed jaw
(b) He is deaf
(c) He is developmentally impaired
(d) He is German
5. What does the speaker in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) box at a carnival?
(a) A bear
(b) A burro
(c) A gorilla
(d) A kangaroo
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ballard offer to show the Sheriff when they take him away?
2. What warning is the speaker given by the animal's owner before beginning the boxing match?
3. What does Ballard's friend's wife bring Ballard while he waits for her husband?
4. Under what animal does the Thantham boy build a fire?
5. What is the Dumpkeeper's name?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)