|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I, 61 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the church that Lester goes to in Chapter 10 (pp. 31-32)?
(a) Salvation Church
(b) Sixmile Church
(c) Sevier Church
(d) Silverlake Church
2. What food is Ballard's friend's wife making while he waits?
(b) Fried chicken
(c) Brown potatoes
3. Where does Garfuzzle tell Ballard that the Sleeping Woman has gone?
(a) To the church
(b) To the Dumpkeeper
(c) To the police
(d) Out of town
4. What does the "Sevier County pocketknife society" do at their meetings outside the police station?
(a) Sharpen blades
(c) Trade knives
(d) Discuss knife-related issues
5. What was the nameless boy in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) putting in pigeons to make it appear that he was shooting them?
(d) Baking soda
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does the Dumpkeeper have?
2. What type of bird does Ballard chase down while walking to a friend's house?
3. Where does the auctioneer give his pitch?
4. Who purchases the auctioned land?
5. Why did the young Lester Ballard beat up the Finney boy?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)