|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I, 61 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something that happens in the melee in the police station?
(a) Ballard stabs the Sleeping Woman with a pen
(b) The Sleeping Woman knees Ballard in the groin
(c) Ballard strangles the Sleeping Woman
(d) The Sleeping Woman slaps Ballard's face
2. Where is Ballard when he finds a woman sleeping under a tree?
(a) The dump
(b) Sevier County limits
(c) Frog Mountain
(d) His old property
3. How many daughters does the Dumpkeeper have?
4. How much does the blacksmith charge to sharpen and repair Ballard's axe?
(a) Seven dollars
(b) One dollar
(c) Two dollars
(d) Four dollars
5. Which of the following is listed as Lester Ballard's lineage?
(a) Celtic and Negro
(b) Saxon and Celtic
(c) Cherokee and Negro
(d) Scottish and Navajo
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning is the speaker given by the animal's owner before beginning the boxing match?
2. What color does the smith say the blade should turn in the second heat?
3. What does Lester burn in the hearth to start a fire?
4. What noise keeps Lester Ballard awake at night?
5. What plastic animals are used in the first game that Ballard plays at the fair?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)