|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I, 61 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally subdues the Sleeping Woman at the police station?
(a) The Sheriff
(c) The Deputy
2. Where does Ballard's friend's daughter go when she leaves the house?
(a) The bus
(b) The outhouse
(c) Ballard's friend's truck
(d) The woods
3. Which of the following is not among the refuse of the dump?
(a) Truck parts
(b) Rotted fishing boats
(c) Old water heaters
(d) Bicycle parts
4. Why did the young Lester Ballard beat up the Finney boy?
(a) Finney stole his lunch
(b) Finney called him a name
(c) Finney would not fetch his ball
(d) Finney was black
5. How far from the road is Lester Ballard's shack?
(a) A mile
(b) Twenty yards
(c) Three miles
(d) A quarter mile
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ballard offer to trade Fred Kirby for a jar of whiskey?
2. Of what does the sleeping woman smell?
3. Which of the following is not one of the terms townspeople assign to Ballard at the end of this section?
4. What is the blonde daughter doing when Ballard approaches her?
5. How many rooms is Lester Ballard's new house?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)