|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I, 61 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what animal does the Thantham boy build a fire?
(a) A steer
(b) A mule
(c) An ox
(d) A horse
2. Where does Ballard's friend's daughter go when she leaves the house?
(a) The bus
(b) The woods
(c) Ballard's friend's truck
(d) The outhouse
3. Which of the following is not one of the terms townspeople assign to Ballard at the end of this section?
4. What does the sleeping woman throw at Ballard?
(a) An apple
(b) A rock
(c) Her shoe
(d) A stick
5. Where does Ballard figure John goes after leaving jail?
(a) To county prison
(b) He does not know
(c) To execution
(d) Back home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ballard offer to trade Fred Kirby for a jar of whiskey?
2. How many births did the Dumpkeeper's daughters have last summer?
3. According to CB, what might not be worth fifty cents in a year?
4. Which of the following is not a name listed as one of the Dumpkeeper's daughters
5. What animal are the hounds chasing in Chapter 22 (pp. 68-69)?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)