|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I , 44 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ballard, what are the causes of all trouble in life?
(a) Women and money
(b) Whiskey and women
(c) Money and feuds
(d) Money and whiskey
2. What is the sleeping woman wearing when Ballard finds her?
(a) A gown
(b) A sweatsuit
3. Why did the young Lester Ballard beat up the Finney boy?
(a) Finney was black
(b) Finney would not fetch his ball
(c) Finney stole his lunch
(d) Finney called him a name
4. Where is the man in the cell opposite of Ballard from?
(a) Lexington, Kentucky
(b) Pine Bluff, Arkansas
(c) Gadsden, Alabama
(d) Macon, Georgia
5. What is the blonde daughter doing when Ballard approaches her?
(a) Getting drunk
(b) Hanging up wash
(d) Cooking lunch
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Dumpkeeper and Lester Ballard drink together?
2. What is the Dumpkeeper's name?
3. What type of fish is Ballard looking for in the creek in late summer?
4. What kind of return does the auctioneer promise on the investment of Ballard's property?
5. What free gifts are being handed out at the auction?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)