|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I , 44 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lester Ballard's only food for dinner on his first night in his new house?
(d) A chocolate bar
2. What work did Ballard do to make money to buy his rifle?
(a) Restocking the general store
(b) Setting fence posts
(c) Digging a ditch
(d) Plowing fields
3. What warning is the speaker given by the animal's owner before beginning the boxing match?
(a) Don't turn your back on him
(b) Don't let up
(c) Don't make any sudden moves
(d) Don't hit him too hard
4. According to CB, what might not be worth fifty cents in a year?
(a) An acre of land
(b) A diamond
(c) A dollar
(d) A war bond
5. What heavy object does Lester lug up to his new house on the first day?
(a) A mattress
(b) A body
(c) A wheelbarrow full of bricks
(d) A ream of carpet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ballard offer to show the Sheriff when they take him away?
2. What free gifts are being handed out at the auction?
3. What does Lester Ballard kick one night that hurts his foot?
4. What is the name of the black boy in the car outside Lester's house?
5. What does the sleeping woman throw at Ballard?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)