|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I , 44 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ballard offer to trade Fred Kirby for a jar of whiskey?
(a) A lady's dress
(b) A string of rabbits
(c) A pocketknife
(d) His rifle
2. How many births did the Dumpkeeper's daughters have last summer?
3. Where does Fate inspect the car with the couple in the story of Chapter 15 (pp.44-45)?
(a) Sevier County
(b) Grainger County
(c) Jefferson County
(d) Frog Mountain
4. What does the sleeping woman throw at Ballard?
(a) Her shoe
(b) A rock
(c) A stick
(d) An apple
5. What does the speaker in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) box at a carnival?
(a) A kangaroo
(b) A bear
(c) A gorilla
(d) A burro
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the blonde daughter demand of Ballard to show him her breasts?
2. What do the Dumpkeeper and Lester Ballard drink together?
3. What words does John sing from his cell regularly?
4. Where is the man in the cell opposite of Ballard from?
5. Where does the auctioneer give his pitch?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)