|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I , 44 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ballard offer to trade Fred Kirby for a jar of whiskey?
(a) A lady's dress
(b) His rifle
(c) A pocketknife
(d) A string of rabbits
2. Which of the following is not one of the terms townspeople assign to Ballard at the end of this section?
3. What was the nameless boy in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) putting in pigeons to make it appear that he was shooting them?
(b) Baking soda
4. Where is Ballard when he finds a woman sleeping under a tree?
(a) Frog Mountain
(b) The dump
(c) His old property
(d) Sevier County limits
5. Why does Lester Ballard's friend Darfuzzle speaks in a garbled way?
(a) He is deaf
(b) He is German
(c) He is developmentally impaired
(d) He has a collapsed jaw
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the auctioneer give his pitch?
2. Where does Ballard look at wanted posters?
3. Of what does the sleeping woman smell?
4. What is the sleeping woman wearing when Ballard finds her?
5. Who finally subdues the Sleeping Woman at the police station?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)