|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I , 44 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of return does the auctioneer promise on the investment of Ballard's property?
(a) At least sixteen percent
(b) At least ten percent
(c) At least three percent
(d) At least twenty percent
2. Where does the auctioneer give his pitch?
(a) A makeshift stage
(b) A stack of hay bales
(c) The bed of a truck
(d) The front porch of the house
3. Why can the boy in the car not find his wallet when Fate asks for it?
(a) His wallet was stolen
(b) He is a derelict and stole the car
(c) He is blind
(d) He is not wearing pants
4. How many births did the Dumpkeeper's daughters have last summer?
5. How many daughters does the Dumpkeeper have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) box at a carnival?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9 (p. 25), what does Ballard fail to shoot in the woods?
3. Where does Ballard look at wanted posters?
4. What is the name of Bill Parsons' sick old bird dog?
5. What does Lester Ballard kick one night that hurts his foot?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)